20/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    I'm trying really hard not to puke right now. I have a stomach of steel - I can look at anything (poop, puke, wounds, pus) and not feel anything. I'm actually fascinated by that sort of stuff.

But it's late and I'm bored, and I googled "why am I grossed out by certain textures". Apparently it's called trypophobia (which is the fear of "asymmetrical holes occurring either naturally or unnaturally") so of course the next thing I searched was "trypophobia" because I wanted to learn more about it.

WHAM. Tons of images on my screen of... those... icky holes.

I started gagging and here I am, still trying to control my stomach. Oh my god. I can't even look it up to read more about it for fear that I'm going to accidentally see more pictures.

So do you have any weird phobias?

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Edit: I'm looking at a bunch of pictures now. I feel so fucking nauseous. So much for trying to face my fears...

UHM, EW.

Going on a similar note, I cannot be licked. Saliva freaking grosses me out, and if it touches me, it's like I can feel my skin sucking it up through my pores and IT IS SO FUCKING GROSS. I have to wipe it off for a good 2 minutes before I feel better.
    My boyfriend uses this to his advantage and I just want to punch him in the throat.
    Last edited by AskJeeves; 06-27-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    4d 18h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I am deathly afraid of lighthouses. (?)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ersatz For This Useful Post:

AskJeeves (06-27-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) thank you for making me chuckle.

I'm sorry you have this fear, but it's totally adorable :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm terribly afraid of bridges. Of any kind, bridges. Especially those planky, unstable ones. I'm ok with taking pictures of bridges, but not crossing them. AH! I'll get a million times more scared at having to go through a bridge in a video game than virtually ANY monster/boss.

And having to touch or clean toilets. They gross me out, a lot. I'm just always afraid that the water's gonna rise above the toilet seat or whatever. UUUUGGGHHHHH
    Tutti fcking frutti

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm afraid of birds.

I'm offended when people say it's not real fear and it's very irrational (I get that a lot). They think I'm overreacting but they don't and won't understand anyway. They all go "So are you afraid of chickens?" "How come you're not afraid of cartoon birds?"

But what they don't understand is how scared I really feel when I see real-life birds in near proximity. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Same with trypophobia. It makes me want to scratch the holes off or scratch my skin to make it feel like I'm scratching the holes off. My dad wanted me to study to be a nurse and I was contemplating majoring in medicine or biology, but I can't stand looking at some cells or cartilage and other stuff. DISGUSTING LITTLE HOLES

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Feet. I hate looking at feet or seeing pictures of feet or people touching my feet. I've never been able to get a pedicure because I'm too scared Also I have a problem with the texture of some foods, like bananas or pumpkin pie.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Feet. I hate looking at feet or seeing pictures of feet or people touching my feet. I've never been able to get a pedicure because I'm too scared Also I have a problem with the texture of some foods, like bananas or pumpkin pie.
    HOLY CRAP how could I forget about feet?! I also can't stand feet. I probably only touch/kiss my baby boy's feet cause, well, he's my son.
    Tutti fcking frutti

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by aeyen View Post
    I'm afraid of birds.

I'm offended when people say it's not real fear and it's very irrational (I get that a lot). They think I'm overreacting but they don't and won't understand anyway. They all go "So are you afraid of chickens?" "How come you're not afraid of cartoon birds?"

But what they don't understand is how scared I really feel when I see real-life birds in near proximity. :/
    As a person who owns a pet bird, it's a very justifiable fear, especially for large birds. An African Grey, Macaw, Amazon, or any bird with a beak that size could take a finger off if they really wanted to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I am actually scared of balloons. I have this constant fear when I'm near those that they are going to pop. People always laugh at me when I tell them, but I just can't handle it I guess.