Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by purekilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    Where do you get that figure? It seems way too high, at least for my jurisdiction[COLOR="Silver"]
    Just throwing out a number, not sure what it would actually cost but you would need a small yet high resolution camera and then the soft and hardware to constantly run and maintain and store the videos as you take them, as well as the repairs and upkeep to any that get broken no matter if it is from wear and tear or the officer fell in a foot pursuit and broke it that way. It is something tax payers would have to sign on for the long run instead of a 1 time upfront fee. I was thinking NYC was going to try something like this out but can't remember the last time I heard anything about that was.
    I mean the software is a one-time expense, and hardware wont take much upkeep, considering your average police officer doesnt get shot or impaled in the chest too often. If you've got one cop to every 1,000 citizens, the overall expense wouldn't be too bad I think.
    hmu ladies

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    I mean the software is a one-time expense, and hardware wont take much upkeep, considering your average police officer doesnt get shot or impaled in the chest too often. If you've got one cop to every 1,000 citizens, the overall expense wouldn't be too bad I think.
    That is true, and it might not be, for a place like NYC where the cost is living so high I don't know if it would be much of a problem, but for a place like Kansas or Nebraska, where the cost of living is low and pay is low, and taxes are some of the highest in the country in property taxes, gas tax, sales tax, etc. idk how well a new tax would go over. If it is small it would probably be okay but it all depends on the cost in the end. I believe in the justice system, but having them wear camera's is a good idea and something I personally would vote for.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by purekilla View Post
    That is true, and it might not be, for a place like NYC where the cost is living so high I don't know if it would be much of a problem, but for a place like Kansas or Nebraska, where the cost of living is low and pay is low, and taxes are some of the highest in the country in property taxes, gas tax, sales tax, etc. idk how well a new tax would go over. If it is small it would probably be okay but it all depends on the cost in the end. I believe in the justice system, but having them wear camera's is a good idea and something I personally would vote for.
    Yeah, but the crime rate in NYC is a lot higher than in Kansas or Nebraska I'd bet. Still, every plan will have its rough edges, but that doesn't mean it's not a good plan in general. You've got to think of the big picture.
    hmu ladies

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 19h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    People are looting the same store that kid robbed before the rest of that shit went down with the cop. :/ I just lol so much wrong with this entire thing on so many levels.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    20d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Someone had said something about 6 shots being fired at Brown but you have to realize he was a 6'4" big guy. Im sure if the officer was in fear for his life he knew he was going to need more than a couple shots on this guy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Not surprised they're rioting. I see why people develop racist attitudes. Why reinforce racial stereotypes because you didn't get what you want?

u 'mirin?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    On my campus and in my city, this topic isn't even a debate. In Philadelphia, we see on a daily basis racial inequality, class stratification...sometimes even police brutality. We know it exists. We've all seen it, even as isolated as we are, attending a private institution, we are also mere steps from the projects. Many students on my campus are marching this afternoon; a couple professors have sent out emails about the injustice in Ferguson.

One particular quote in To Kill a Mockingbird particularly resonated with me,

"'Atticus--" said Jem bleakly.
    He turned the door way. 'What, son?'
    'How could they do it, how could they?'
    'I don't know, but they did it. They've done it before and they did it tonight and they'll do it again, and when they do, it seems that only children will weep. Goodnight.'"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

Cheese (12-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Truth. Interesting to see how things playout.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    It was a mess to begin with as there were so many different testimonies from the witnesses. There's only two people who truly knew what happened and one of them isn't alive to tell the tail. I agree with six shots being really excessive but Brown wasn't an angel like his parents were painting him out to be either.

There are a lot more facts that I need before I can place judgment. Many facts were withheld from the general public.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

One of several Ferguson protests that occurred on my campus today.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

Cheese (12-02-2014)