Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about reviewing scores.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Question about reviewing scores.

I just used AoB for a game to get a decent score and didn't realize when I sent it, it was a few points below the top score. Normally I'd say eh whatever, but My account isnt 1yr+. I don't use other cheats or have any shells, so transferring my stuff won't work. What are my chances of being frozen? Only thing I used was infinite lives and the game's score relies mainly on luck, normally. What do you think are my chances of ending up with a trophy, or being frozen? -,-

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I remember someone got frozen because they cheated at a game at the end of the month and ended up getting top score but I aint about that life so not 100% sure, a person more educated on the matter will chime in

u 'mirin?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    I remember someone got frozen because they cheated at a game at the end of the month and ended up getting top score but I aint about that life so not 100% sure, a person more educated on the matter will chime in
    Eesh...it IS the end of the month....Honestly, I just made this thread to give myself some sense of relief (hopefully). Game's luck, I spent the appropriate time playing it, so it SHOULDN'T be an issue, but I hope I don't get reviewed by some banhammer-happy TNT member. Figured I'd get some feedback from you guys because you're more well-seasoned with this stuff than I am.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    if the score was legitimate and the timing was right, I would think you'd be okay. I've heard a lot that using an aob seems to be safer than scoresending, and I've passed plenty of reviews with legitimate looking score sending.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    if the score was legitimate and the timing was right, I would think you'd be okay. I've heard a lot that using an aob seems to be safer than scoresending, and I've passed plenty of reviews with legitimate looking score sending.
    Yeah I didn't even use a scoresender. The score was achieved through playing (....with the help of a few extra lives), but I played it properly up to the score (and its one of those that the game/level doesnt pause when you lose a life). Is there any way with the score sent that they can see how many lives i had left, or how many i SHOULD have lost? Thats the only way i think i could get frozen...i should have paid more attention lol it sucks cuz it was only a few points higher than the avatar, but still a reviewable avatar.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    101/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    18d 20h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I say that you will be ok the review will pass, so don't be escared unless that the game has a cap on the scores you will be fine other way you are screwed

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropbear View Post
    Yeah I didn't even use a scoresender. The score was achieved through playing (....with the help of a few extra lives), but I played it properly up to the score (and its one of those that the game/level doesnt pause when you lose a life). Is there any way with the score sent that they can see how many lives i had left, or how many i SHOULD have lost? Thats the only way i think i could get frozen...i should have paid more attention lol it sucks cuz it was only a few points higher than the avatar, but still a reviewable avatar.
    I'm not sure on the technicalities as for whether they can check, but my assumption is they won't even bother if it looks legit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    I'm not sure on the technicalities as for whether they can check, but my assumption is they won't even bother if it looks legit.
    It probably looks legit enough. there was a score higher than mine. Thanks for the feedback, helped me relax a little.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hi, I was wondering what game you got reviewed on? I mean I panicked when I aobd 145 for extreme potato counter, everything was fine after 2 days. I'm sure you will be be fine if it was time consuming. You will just have to wait it out my man!
    i luv. i said i luv to hack

Avatar Ss List (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Don't worry about this. My account is under a year old and I've had 5 scores reviewed with aob. As long as they are possible, and within two standard deviations (I believe, with regard to the time it took you to achieve the score), I think it will be accepted. I should also say that I have 45-50 trophies using strictly aob, all of the game avatars, etc and I have yet to be frozen. Although I do not recommend this, it is possible.

That's if neopets uses the 68/95/99.7 rule that is used in Statistics. If the time you took to send fell 3 standard deviations from the mean time, their algorithm might freeze you as there is only (technically) a 0.3% chance of someone getting a score like that.

I personally believe in the fact that their algorithm uses the 3 standard deviation rule. If it falls outside of 3 standard deviations, they probably auto-freeze you.

But then again, maybe I'm way off base.
    Last edited by bml0624; 12-26-2013 at 06:46 PM.