30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    (you need an account to see links)

Finally back home and had a chance to hop on my laptop. Took a look at the first "UC" that I came across but I can't figure out how to remove the token or where to even see it. If I go to customize it shows as just blank white squares and I can't see the actual "Nostalgic Royalboy Shoyru" token anywhere. Am I just missing something or is it kind of glitched right now?
    I wanted to start farming tokens from all my pets but figured I should at least look into how they work first.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post

Finally back home and had a chance to hop on my laptop. Took a look at the first "UC" that I came across but I can't figure out how to remove the token or where to even see it. If I go to customize it shows as just blank white squares and I can't see the actual "Nostalgic Royalboy Shoyru" token anywhere. Am I just missing something or is it kind of glitched right now?
    I wanted to start farming tokens from all my pets but figured I should at least look into how they work first.
    You go here to remove them.

Thank you Hellraid <3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-26-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Under My Pets click Styling Chamber, in there you can remove from pet, save, reload and click the token again to move to invent

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-26-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    lol this entire thread is hilarious asf tbh
    imagine thinking this is a net negative in any way.
    *eyes 650+ strong UC collection as their value drops to a fraction of previous worth*

*Eyes collection of stamps, weapons, collectibles and other valuables that just dropped to pennys on the NP*

I guess it’s all about perspective and your personal circumstances. If you had no/few UCs and few options to get one I can see how this change is a HUGE win/shortcut.
    I see it as a huge net negative, personally. But I also see it as something that happened and can’t be changed.
    Looks like it’s riddled with glitches and such right now so hopefully they can fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    Under My Pets click Styling Chamber, in there you can remove from pet, save, reload and click the token again to move to invent
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    You go here to remove them.

Sweet deal! Thanks for the link and extra info on that you two!
    I only had a few minutes to poke around and didn’t see that particular page. I’ll have to play with it again some more this weekend/next week.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

howdy (01-26-2024),Parrot (01-26-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    *eyes 650+ strong UC collection as their value drops to a fraction of previous worth*

*Eyes collection of stamps, weapons, collectibles and other valuables that just dropped to pennys on the NP*

I guess it’s all about perspective and your personal circumstances. If you had no/few UCs and few options to get one I can see how this change is a HUGE win/shortcut.
    I see it as a huge net negative, personally. But I also see it as something that happened and can’t be changed.
    Looks like it’s riddled with glitches and such right now so hopefully they can fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet deal! Thanks for the link and extra info on that you two!
    I only had a few minutes to poke around and didn’t see that particular page. I’ll have to play with it again some more this weekend/next week.
    Np! Check any replicas you have as the tokens can dupe on the younger ones (<500 days)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

Bioluminescence (01-27-2024),I_royalty_I (01-26-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    if you end up selling any of your extras i'll probably be v interested

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakuras For This Useful Post:

♥ Hydrapple ♥ (01-26-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Is there a page set up anywhere with the full-sized art of all available nostalgic tokens? Like the Sunnyneo rainbow pool, but just for these. SN appears to be in the process of getting up to date with the nostalgic versions (shown below the default pet art on individual colour/species pages), including a really useful comparison slider. For now I've been looking at the item art on JN, but it'd be nice to see them all in full somewhere

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Yeah, it would be really lame if you could just shell out some USD and get your dream pet immediately. Thankfully no websites have ever existed for that kind of thing.

I still believe liquidating an entire (probably the biggest) element of the pet trading scene to make money is a cheap move by TNT. Brainless reddit posters will praise it because "trading is more inclusive now" while ignoring the fact that you now have to spend real world cash to trade desirable pets, boiling the entire thing down to how much money you have in real life, which is the most antithetical thing to "inclusive" possible.

Also related: one of my shells with a few good RN pets was mass-reported by the ban hags and frozen. This account and these pets received zero attention whatsoever until now, and I don't do anything on them, so the only conclusion I can make is scummy people are trying to forcibly euthanize all the desirable RWs now so they can fight over them later. I don't think this would have happened if the trading scene was still obsessing mostly over UCs.
    Not to be all ~old man yells at cloud~ but I don't think toppling the whole concept of pet trading is a negative tbh. I remember for ages it wasn't allowed at all, just adoptions, and then I think they caved and let it happen to get away from the toxic petpage application culture where people would do more for these pets they were competing for than for any of their own (and obv artists were super favoured and most people would be left with nothing). I know trading is one of the more active forums on the site, but it's also one of the most miserable. Like between people feeling (often rightly) like their goals are impossible, and even for people with attainable goals, the fomo of not having bumped your thread at the right time or whatever - it's a super draining situation. And I do get the rush of finally getting your dream pet, like I've been in there too, but I'm so glad to be free of it and I'm having so much fun picking out which of the non-UC old art I'm gonna get now that I can.

That said, unless neo does what subeta did and gets rid of unique names, the name people are still in there and it is arguably worse to not have the two different value scales to jump between. But yeah overall I think like, deleting the need for random users to maintain tier value guides etc is a net positive.

(also sincere condolences to all the sellers on here who lost value on big stocks of UCs - you guys were the heroes we needed for YEARS and I'm sorry the investment vanished like that)

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Pringle (01-26-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Is there a page set up anywhere with the full-sized art of all available nostalgic tokens? Like the Sunnyneo rainbow pool, but just for these. SN appears to be in the process of getting up to date with the nostalgic versions (shown below the default pet art on individual colour/species pages), including a really useful comparison slider. For now I've been looking at the item art on JN, but it'd be nice to see them all in full somewhere

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Not to be all ~old man yells at cloud~ but I don't think toppling the whole concept of pet trading is a negative tbh. I remember for ages it wasn't allowed at all, just adoptions, and then I think they caved and let it happen to get away from the toxic petpage application culture where people would do more for these pets they were competing for than for any of their own (and obv artists were super favoured and most people would be left with nothing). I know trading is one of the more active forums on the site, but it's also one of the most miserable. Like between people feeling (often rightly) like their goals are impossible, and even for people with attainable goals, the fomo of not having bumped your thread at the right time or whatever - it's a super draining situation. And I do get the rush of finally getting your dream pet, like I've been in there too, but I'm so glad to be free of it and I'm having so much fun picking out which of the non-UC old art I'm gonna get now that I can.

That said, unless neo does what subeta did and gets rid of unique names, the name people are still in there and it is arguably worse to not have the two different value scales to jump between. But yeah overall I think like, deleting the need for random users to maintain tier value guides etc is a net positive.

(also sincere condolences to all the sellers on here who lost value on big stocks of UCs - you guys were the heroes we needed for YEARS and I'm sorry the investment vanished like that)
    No place to view the hi-res art yet. Sloth's Image Emporium will likely have it all uploaded pretty soon.

And I just don't see how any part of this situation somehow got rid of the misery surrounding pet trading. Traders haven't somehow become nicer or any less annoying, and without concrete tier lists it will probably be much worse than before. A UC Faerie Aisha was a UC Faerie Aisha no matter what, with the space between a good or bad name being pretty clear cut. How do you make tier lists off based solely off pet names? Google result numbers? Theme? It's simultaneously not a stand-in for how pet trading has worked for so long but also makes the issues surrounding it all worse.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-26-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (01-26-2024),Sakuras (01-26-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    No place to view the hi-res art yet. Sloth's Image Emporium will likely have it all uploaded pretty soon.

And I just don't see how any part of this situation somehow got rid of the misery surrounding pet trading. Traders haven't somehow become nicer or any less annoying, and without concrete tier lists it will probably be much worse than before. A UC Faerie Aisha was a UC Faerie Aisha no matter what, with the space between a good or bad name being pretty clear cut. How do you make tier lists off based solely off pet names? Google result numbers? Theme? It's simultaneously not a stand-in for how pet trading has worked for so long but also makes the issues surrounding it all worse.
    Within names, I honestly think value speaks for itself and beyond that it's all preference - offering "Indebtedness" on "Alex" is obviously not gonna fly/borderline insulting, but within reasonable-feeling offers I don't think it's so quantitative. It's not a new tier list, it's no tier list. The one way I think it's definitely objectively worse is for people who aspire to have common RW/RNs but are currently nowhere close to that - it's def true that there's no way to break in now, outside of buying black market or getting names in another purge.

But I think this has/will severely cut the demand for trading overall. I could be wrong, but my impression is the majority of the PC was focused on UC trading, and the main reason all those laughably uncommon/fake/unappealing RWs and RNs were at play at all was in attempt to break in to UCs. Converted trading outside of RNs and RWs has been pretty chill and preference-driven for a while, since most/all colours and species became more attainable. I imagine that's how it'll be with basically all pets now. The exclusivity factor, let alone the "this exact pet + this vibe/style of name" formula is gone.

If you mean like token trading on the NC side, I guess it remains to be seen how hard to get certain tokens are? & I have already seen some shady shit with people racing to offer a single SSS (rather than DSSS) for tokens of pets that were T10. But for $14 and some patience (for what colours that lutari feels like) we can get any UC on our own and avoid trading at all, which takes away SO much of the pressure and desperation. My hope is that token value stays relatively equal, so even for people who can't buy NC, using the occasional free NC that gets given out to buy the cheaper, randomized SSS puts them in the market to trade for whatever.
    Last edited by Druid; 01-26-2024 at 05:42 PM.

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Parrot (01-26-2024),Pringle (01-26-2024),Sakuras (01-26-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Eh, I'm not against the UCs being obtainable. Like I said earlier, I'm not so much concerned about the pet trading aspect. I think it is nice that the black markets are going to suffer from this a bit - but this in no way is gonna slow down the pet trading boards who have already very quickly moved onto trading based on names and stats. Some people just enjoy exclusivity and collecting rare/pretty/exclusive pets. That's never gonna change.

What I dislike is how easy they made it. I'm not saying people need to slave away for years or something for their dreamie but I just think it's so lame that you don't even need to try for it. I wish they put the UC-related PBs in the Hidden Tower and made it so you at least have to dish out a bit of NP before getting your sparkly UC faerie pet. I made a NCUC today and it honestly felt so hollow and unsatisfying, lol. Yay I get pretty art to look at, but that's about it. I don't get the satisfaction of knowing hey I worked hard for this and now it paid off.

That's the part that kinda irks me the most. I could give less of a flying shit about the pound boards, most of the people there are snarky assholes anyway. I want to play a game and have goals that are attainable.