72/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by oventoast View Post
    I'm somewhat optimistic for once. They seem less corporate/profit-driven and more motivated to just keep the site/community engaged. Hopefully now that they are freed from the shackles of JS they can actually fulfill their plans and promises (I am sure before they had a lot of bureaucratic hoops to jump through at Jumpstart whenever they wanted to implement anything).

I don't care about new features/apps and no other players seem to either. They need to listen to us and bring back the oldies.

I am active on a different game that has seen much more success since transitioning to a smaller/indie game company so hopefully this is a similar type of arrangement. Just pander to the people already handing over money, rather than seeking to change the entire website.

If we get some type of new mobile app or some gimmicky shit (a concert?) I am just never going to log in again lol. Stupid.
    Agree. All the mobile apps neopets has develop are shit, and I don't really think a new app is going to be the savior.
    Just fix the things that we have been asking for and that's all. We don't really want anything new, just the good ol things that we liked in the beggining.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

Patamon (07-17-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    100d 10h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    They do mention NC UCs as something still bring worked on in their FAQ on Medium but it doesn't sound like an immediate prospect - which I'm okay with, tbh as I think it's going to take a delicate hand to bring NC UCs out without killing trading and if the site has just changed hands they really should take a little time and look at all the comments they've collected from previous surveys, etc.

That said...

Idk, I don't want to be a downer but I'm hecking wary.

The first thing I note is that Neopets was very close to death when JS went. So I have to be grateful that the Neopets Meta guy saw a new life (let's be clear: a new way of making money) in it.

But, this is the Neopets Meta guy. I think we can safely say he doesn't really know much about the site's ethos and community, despite having a shoyru in the early 2000s. From reading the whole Neopets World spiel, I think their main project is going to be making some kind of pokemon go type game with neopets. Which could be great, but I'm wary that plots and onsite events will start requiring you to join in with this, tie your phone to your account, etc - partly so they can suck more data out of us, as data is an incredibly valuable commodity. Starting out by asking us to complete a bunch of social media actions to win prizes hints at that.

I'm worried about the use of 'influential neopets players' - I don't think they mean influences, I think they mean loud voices on the site and as someone mentioned the loud voices aren't always the best people, or people who have any idea what fun is.

And I worry that without a parent company to back it, if this stuff doesn't take off fairly fast, they'll just take our data, shutter the site and run.

I'm not seeing the actual site being the priority here. I don't think this is the dream of a rich neopets player restoring the site to what it was, I think it's someone who wants to cash in on a nostalgic franchise. Which could work... if I were them I'd spend a good year getting the site up and running in every possible way, sort out all the bugs, clear up the back end, make the mobile/non mobile pages consistent, give it some classic touches, consult properly on NC UCs and pet nicknames so there's a really viable site for people to come back to - and then launch the other things around it, like neo world and island builders etc.

Eeehhh, I just have some alarm bells ringing. We'll see!
    This!!!

And this whole "Used to play in early 2000s and had a shoyru" thing is a generic history, I mean, everyone you know used to play neopets or at least had an account at some moment in time. Neopets was a huge deal back then, so idk.

I can't see he being the meta guy as a real problem, because I do believe people can learn from their mistakes and move forward. And I also can't see this as "neopets being sold again", because it looks like its the same people (company) again, just with a different name. So stuff are gonna probably stay the same for a long while, maybe early next year we can see some actual changes.

As everyone, I do hope they get back with the stuff we care (habitarium, keyquest, battledome, flash games, nc ucs) before trying new stuff (reviving Island Builders, launching this "World of Neopia" app, etc).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal Caffrey For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (07-17-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    This gives me big "Neo metaverse never took off but we think we can still use the assets to turn a profit" vibes. I'm skeptical but not cynical about the change I suppose. I don't think it'll do much for the site (would love to be proven wrong) but I also don't see it doing much harm either. Bringing back some of the old games would be great. I won't even pine about KeyQuest, just give me Gadsgadsgame.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Hall (07-17-2023),Lyrichord (07-17-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    16d 21h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I’m excited, but also hesitant to believe all promises. I was really excited when KeyQuest was mentioned, but they discuss making a game “similar to keyquest and habitarium” not that they will actually bring them back, so I won’t get my hopes up.

With new management something I am hoping is that we get new people on tickets who may be willing to unfreeze old accounts that previous people said was impossible because it “has been frozen for too long” or for something totally false. I think if people got their old accounts back, that would certainly breathe new life.

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i think everyone kind of touched base with mutual feelings. its great jumpstart is gone. hopefully this don guy can turn things around and make it more "lively" maybe theyll turn it into an actual adult site. with the option to have kid friendly? who knows...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (07-17-2023),Zenitsu (07-18-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    If they bring back any resemblance of habitarium, I will log back in so fast, their pretty little heads will spin. They better not just be hyping everyone up for no reason. I've been waiting for someone who gives a flying fuck for over a decade to take charge and revamp that cesspool. Id even take a walking fuck, don't need to fly. Just actively care and let us see it

I'm withholding any feelings until further news. My poor, old heart can't take anymore letdowns.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Corliss (07-19-2023),I_royalty_I (07-17-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    At work so haven’t had time to read all this thread, but I’m going to be cautious about this…
    No UCs re-announced and no one cares about island builders wtf lol. Hopefully this will be a positive change though…

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m

Acara Grande is SENDING ME!!

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (07-17-2023),Corliss (07-19-2023),Politoed (07-24-2023),SomethingHere (07-17-2023),TheArcher (07-18-2023),Zenitsu (07-18-2023)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I mean, I don't know what a virtual concert is either.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm concerned too for the ambassador part, unless we get a ck
    representative
    That's exactly my thought, it wouldn't be so bad if someone from cK was on that ambassador program!!!!

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-17-2023)