30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ent View Post

This stuff is the BEST. I like pretty much all beer (even the extra bitter stuff) but if I'm buying it it's going to be fruity and refreshing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    it all tastes like warm pee but my opinion on how good it is changes based on the price. for instance, millers is like �10 for 24 in tesco sometimes, so millers is automatically unbeatable.
    How do you like that shock top compared to something like angry orchard?

Well there's your first problem! Beer is a million times better ice cold. I hear German beer is served room temp and is delicious so I consider that an exception.
    Most light beers kind of taste like that imo. I don't usually enjoy the cheap light beers until im a few in lol. Try a dark beer, completely different taste there. You might like it.
    i know some people prefer porters because some of them have hints of coffee in them.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    68d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    How do you like that shock top compared to something like angry orchard?
    Angry Orchard is good too, but Honeycrisp apples have a very distinct flavour and this beer matches it perfectly. It really comes down to your preference of Apple type, IMO.

Also German Beer is good at room temp because of the high concentration of yeast vs hops, or so I was told when I visited Munich. I'm pretty sure it'd be delicious cold too but they serve everything hot over there (finding Ice anywhere was a challenge.)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-27-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Cider is the closest I can come to standing the taste of beer. Even then, it needs to be a sweet cider (like Rekordelig), not one too bitter and beer-y.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    265/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Wow , Heineken will always be the best regardless of what yall think!
    Neopoints For Sale : Safest , Purest , Realest ! : Only 2$ / Million : In Stock : 78.396.636 /92.656.022

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ent View Post
    Angry Orchard is good too, but Honeycrisp apples have a very distinct flavour and this beer matches it perfectly. It really comes down to your preference of Apple type, IMO.

Also German Beer is good at room temp because of the high concentration of yeast vs hops, or so I was told when I visited Munich. I'm pretty sure it'd be delicious cold too but they serve everything hot over there (finding Ice anywhere was a challenge.)
    I i prefer the green Granny Smith apples. Idk what category that would put me under as far as the hard ciders go. I've tried a few of them and wasn't too big a fan, but I was drinking liquor each time so maybe the differences there skewed my experience.

i really want to go to Germany, for a variety of reasons. Trying to beer our there is definitely one of those reasons. No ice anywhere though? I'll make a note to avoid going there in their summer months lol

Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
    Cider is the closest I can come to standing the taste of beer. Even then, it needs to be a sweet cider (like Rekordelig), not one too bitter and beer-y.
    You should try one of the hard root beers or something like that. They are too sweet for my tastes but it may be somebody you'd like if you prefer sweeter tastes. Most of them have a pretty decent APV so you'll be feeling mighty fine in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by TreesNut View Post
    Wow , Heineken will always be the best regardless of what yall think!
    I don't often have Heineken, I don't know why that is. I don't think it's particular expensive, is it?
    I also always group Heineken with Guiness for some reason.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I do not understand the appeal of fruity beers. Drink juice with some vodka or just have a cooler but apple or pumpkin (I have seen it) flavored beer I just do not get it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I do not understand the appeal of fruity beers. Drink juice with some vodka or just have a cooler but apple or pumpkin (I have seen it) flavored beer I just do not get it.
    Idk if the apple ones really fall under the "beer" category as much as they do the "hard cider". I can see the pumpkin beer part though. Im sure there are plenty of halloween ales that incorporate a little bit of pumpkin.

What really confused me was a commercial I saw for a "hard soda"?!?!?! Wtf. It was called Henry's hard orange soda or something like that. I don't understand. At that point just switch to liquor and put something in your orange soda.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Apple beer is different than cider though, cider is much more sour and has other spice blends...and is disgusting. Apple beer is more a beer with a weird sweet apple flavor....also not good. I saw a strawberry beer once but it did not last long on the shelves lol that would be horrible.

Hard soda...like a Mikes Hard lemondae? Those are good lol. I saw a billboard here last year saying try the new drink of Mikes hard leomonade, vodka, and beer. o.0 no....

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Where I live you have to be 21!!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maison View Post
    Where I live you have to be 21!!!!!
    Shhh the grow ups are having a discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Apple beer is different than cider though, cider is much more sour and has other spice blends...and is disgusting. Apple beer is more a beer with a weird sweet apple flavor....also not good. I saw a strawberry beer once but it did not last long on the shelves lol that would be horrible.

Hard soda...like a Mikes Hard lemondae? Those are good lol. I saw a billboard here last year saying try the new drink of Mikes hard leomonade, vodka, and beer. o.0 no....
    I didn't know there was actually Apple beer, that is kind of strange. When I hear apple I automatically think cider.
    Mikes hard lemonade is one thing and I guess the soda doesn't sound as strange after you mentioned that lol. I think that if you're going to have something that it's always better when you make it yourself. On New Years I had this blue raspberry vodka mixed with a sparkling lemonade sort of thing - mmmm. A little sweet but I couldn't even tell I was drinking anything until it was too late lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (01-30-2016)