DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    My point of my initial post before it was totally misconstrued is that the issue is the idea. You cannot kill an idea once its implanted. He was offended by something and decided to plan out a slaughter of innocent beings. He justified this by using ISIS and the Boston Marathon bombing.

It's a hate crime. It's a scumbag using extremist ideas to justify murder.

And rather than wasting a prayer and use that as a avoidance of the issue, go do something. Go register to vote and change the idiots in office, or at least try as we have all seen the blatant corruption in the Democratic party. Everyone wants to point fingers and blame each other when we should blame ourselves for letting these elected officials in office. You want to change gun control? Get the lobbyists out. Get the idiots the pay out of office. Stop letting Trump further spread fear by letting him tell people he's going to ban Muslims like, even though we all peacefully co-exist. It's a very select few who act out on ideas.

An opinion was asked and there's no reason to apologize for it. I think we can all have a healthy discussion and bring in different points of view without being like, "I don't mean to be an asshole but I'm going to be an asshole."

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

haiqtpi (06-12-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by RTorres View Post
    I think you comments about military "vets" is disrespectful. Do you know that they get trained for situations similar to this? They may not be experts but they know more than the average civilian. You're attitude about the ones that go and serve overseas contradicts your appreciation for their service. I'm sorry but this part of your rant really got to me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    m
    Except they aren't....you DO understand that different parts of the military receive different types of training...right? There are special task forces and groups to deal w this type of situation, therefore, simply being a "vet" does not qualify one as an expert in the slightest. My point was kind of in response to news correspondents and commenters/posters on Reddit and the likes--being a vet does not really qualify one to be any more equipped to debate or discuss gun control than any other citizen lol

I suppose it kind of rubs me the wrong way because I am of the firmest conviction that statistics, data, and logic should shape our policy. This country has a shocking distrust of science and stats--I was establishing the fact that a "vet" does not, and will never trump hard data. I fail to recognize where the lack of appreciation manifests itself? Just because I believe that your average soldier had no particularly distinguished place in policy making over a scientist or even an ordinary citizen?

We don't live in bloody Gaul lol simply being a soldier does not qualify one levels above another in terms of their opinions or "expertise" from merely serving. I hate to be the one to inform you, but you are centuries late if you are expecting a warrior society with unquestioned reverence for all/anything that a soldier says and does.
    Last edited by haiqtpi; 06-12-2016 at 10:00 PM.
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by haiqtpi View Post
    m
    Except they aren't....you DO understand that different parts of the military receive different types of training...right? There are special task forces and groups to deal w this type of situation, therefore, simply being a "vet" does not qualify one as an expert in the slightest. My point was kind of in response to news correspondents and commenters/posters on Reddit and the likes--being a vet does not really qualify one to be any more equipped to debate or discuss gun control than any other citizen lol
    Yes I DO realize that. I didn't say they were experts. While some parts of the military get more specific training it's not like they don't teach everyone what to do in shooter type situations. They learn how to use weaponry, they learning how to clear a building, and they learn combatives among other things. My point was that those serving have more training than the average civilian.

Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by RTorres View Post
    Yes I DO realize that. I didn't say they were experts. While some parts of the military get more specific training it's not like they don't teach everyone what to do in shooter type situations. They learn how to use weaponry, they learning how to clear a building, and they learn combatives among other things. My point was that those serving have more training than the average civilian.

And my point was that neither are qualified to shape policy lol. Rudimentary training does not make one an expert.
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    (you need an account to see links) is their gofundme if you would like to donate to help the victims of this senseless tragedy!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    (you need an account to see links) is their gofundme if you would like to donate to help the victims of this senseless tragedy!
    The donations and outpouring support from others is so amazing! It's great seeing so many people pull together in a time of tragedy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    Thank you for the link. I have nothing more to add to this topic. I'm not religious in any sense of the word but I do wish well being and constructive grieving for those who have lost someone to this heinous crime.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Banannie (06-13-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m

Orlando Shooting

Why don't we make murder illegal? Surely that would stop the criminals...

Pretty insensitive to push around agendas immediately after a tragedy. Seriously. No amount of debating on an Internet forum will change the core beliefs of others.

Edit:

Also, before I get pitchforked by keyboard warriors, I'm not interested in a debate. See above. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours.

The attack happened about a five minute drive from my Reserve unit. Praying for everyone effected.
    Last edited by Roslyn; 06-13-2016 at 02:06 AM.

I love Jess

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roslyn For This Useful Post:

Bexxie (06-13-2016),Lazuli (06-14-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jass View Post
    I heard about this. People like him are what makes people fear going to big events like this. I'm glad he was reported and promptly arrested.