Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    Oh, I didn't answer the financial part.. I tried to think of a good analogy for this, but anyway.. If you think of those stats as a large company, filled with hundreds of employees, but there are 35 people routinely stealing money. While that doesn't sound like alot, it still detriments the entire company's money, all the way from the lowest jobs in the company, all the way to the owner. Some may notice it alot more than others, some not at all.. but it is still money coming out of the company that shouldn't have in the first place. I hope that makes sense.
    Humans who need to relocate due to life threatening situations is apparently a part of a company now? That is a terrible analogy and oversimplifies the complex issues that Syrian refugees are facing. You're still going on about them stealing money from the US, despite the statistics showing that they're a very, very tiny fraction of the US population.

Like... That is just so greedy, to not want to allow refugees to enter your country because some "money" will be taken away. Wow... You care about some ambiguous sum of money more than humans who need help...
    Last edited by Fleur; 11-21-2015 at 12:49 AM.

[/FONT]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:

Aura (11-21-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur View Post
    Humans who need to relocate due to life threatening situations is apparently a part of a company now? That is a terrible analogy and oversimplifies the complex issues that Syrian refugees are facing. You're still going on about them stealing money from the US, despite the statistics showing that they're a very, very tiny fraction of the US population.
    Oh come on, seriously? My ANALOGY was a company, and I wasn't even talking about Syria. You asked if illegals detriment the country and I explained, with an ANALOGY, that yes, they do.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

I seriously tried to answer you in a nice way, despite the tone of your earlier posts.. calm down. We're having a discussion. You're not even reading my posts right before you answer.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    29d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Keep diggin' your own grave, Kay.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Oh come on, seriously? My ANALOGY was a company, and I wasn't even talking about Syria. You asked if illegals detriment the country and I explained, with an ANALOGY, that yes, they do.
    Ok so let me ask you this, do any of these money stealers affect you personally? Like, do they steal money directly from your pocket? You keep talking about money being stolen, but like... Where are the numbers? Where's the data?

Edit: also, I don't claim to know anythign about the American economy, but I'd also like to ask if you know anything about the American economy? @(you need an account to see links) raised an interesting point about obese people in America and how they negatively impact the economy more so than refugees/undocumented workers. If obese people negatively impact the economy more so than undocumented workers, should we just not let any obese people in America anymore?
    Last edited by Fleur; 11-21-2015 at 12:56 AM.

[/FONT]

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Ok so let me ask you this, do any of these money stealers affect you personally? Like, do they steal money directly from your pocket? You keep talking about money being stolen, but like... Where are the numbers? Where's the data?

Edit: also, I don't claim to know anythign about the American economy, but I'd also like to ask if you know anything about the American economy? @(you need an account to see links) raised an interesting point about obese people in America and how they negatively impact the economy more so than refugees/undocumented workers. If obese people negatively impact the economy more so than undocumented workers, should we just not let any obese people in America anymore?
    Not gonna lie.
    I read the ending of your quote and all that went through my mind was "SORRY MOM, YA GOTTA GO"

I love my mom. But it made me laugh.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

Fleur (11-21-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Based on this (you need an account to see links), it looks like the economy costs from obesity are as follows:

$315.8 billion in 2010 for medical care bills
    $8.65 billion a year for expensive treatment for chronic illnesses

And from this (you need an account to see links), here's what I found:

On its website, the White House says that by 2023, the U. S. economy will lose some $80 billion in economic output by not allowing a path to citizenship for the estimated 11 million undocumented workers.

undocumented immigrants cost U.S. and state governments $113 billion a year in welfare programs

if the undocumented immigrants currently living in the United States were provided legal status, the 10-year cumulative increase in the gross domestic product (GDP) would be $832 billion.
    So based off of the numbers, obese people should not be allowed in America anymore me thinks, they cost the American economy way too much!

[/FONT]

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:

haiqtpi (11-21-2015),Introvert (11-22-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Based on this (you need an account to see links), it looks like the economy costs from obesity are as follows:

And from this (you need an account to see links), here's what I found:

So based off of the numbers, obese people should not be allowed in America anymore me thinks, they cost the American economy way too much!
    Thanks for looking up those stats! I was taking a shit but could not wait until I got back to my desktop to reply - her words are infuriating and ignorant AF. I recalled this stat from a study my lab did on obesity and food addiction, and I remember having my mind blown when I thought about how big that number really was.
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I am literally never going to change your mind about me or improve your opinion of me in any way nor do I care I just want you to leave me alone like I do to you. Because that's what you told me to do.

Way to prove everything I said in my previous post right.
    You have a thick skull and a small mind.

Gonna address a few points that people made and add my opinion before closing this thread. As for everyone else, trying talk to sense into whither is like trying to teach a dog to speak English. Nothing short of a miracle could make that happen.

This question was posed by an American for American people
    I'm Australian, I have no problem with Syrian refugees seeking shelter here and will welcome them with open arms
    Someone stated that Hungary, Canada and Australia are taking in the most amount of people and considering all three of these countries are not as rich as the United States, Americans should be pretty fucking ashamed.
    The question of tax payer dollars being footed to help refugees and how you don't have enough for your own people is pretty stupid in its own right - it's a question of humanity. Money isn't worth countless lives
    That's my opinion. Lives matter more than money. And I personally see it as our responsibility to do what we can to help those less fortunate than us.
    Don't mean to attack people from the states specifically but this thread is outlined to you, so I feel like it needs to be mentioned.
    America has been selling weapons to the Middle East for however many decades, you have been ripping oil from the Gulf since the 60s probably, even going so far as to invade Iraq and destroying the country. Was it for oil? Was it for nuclear weapons? I don't know, I'm not going to speculate. The point I'm trying to make is the U.S. has profited trillions from the Middle East. Your government invaded Iraq and gave rise to ISIS and left the country a fucking shamble. Andrew said there's no profit/benefit in helping the refugees. There isn't, you guys have profited enough. The only thing left is the mess you're partly responsible for and I firmly believe it's your fucking duty to help Syrian refugees, just like it's Australia's, Canada's or even Great Britain's. This is a world issue, not an American issue, but the actions of America and its allies are the cause of the destruction in Iraq and subsequent rise of ISIS.
    Take your red white and blue shades off and see the world for what it is.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Aska (11-21-2015),Aura (11-21-2015),Banannie (11-21-2015),Bettser (11-21-2015),cloudxcrash (11-24-2015),Curse (11-21-2015),Foxglove (11-21-2015),Ghosts (11-21-2015),louisa (12-28-2018),Mama Bear (11-21-2015),misselizabeth (12-21-2015),Mophead (11-21-2015),Persephone (11-21-2015),potatoespotate (11-21-2015),Sick (12-23-2015),Winona (11-21-2015)