43/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonMoon View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Thanks for the suggestions. I've been wanting to watch Hannibal the series!! Seems eerily interesting and I've always had a morbid fascination with serial killers. :B

It's such a beautiful show! Although its on NBC its definitely not something you would expect NBC to show. No other show on tv has such unique deaths like Hannibal.
    Right now it got cancelled for season 4 but it's so worth the watch, and the cinematography is outstanding.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) Heyyyy, a fellow Aussie! Always cool to meet other strayans online! I feel you so hard with the gap year thing, I got so disillusioned with uni this past semester. I'm switching majors when it opens up in July sometime, though, and I think that'll help a bit! (Even though I'm doing it halfway through second year and it'll mean I have to do an extra semester of study lolwhoops. ) I still have a burning desire to just stop uni to work full time for half a year and spend the other half travelling, though. But, like you said, money. ._.

Totally going to check out Ex Machina!! Robots and AI are the best. Ever since I watched and was thoroughly terrified by I, Robot as a kid I've loved AI stuff haha. Thanks for the rec!

Tbh I mostly liked Coven because WITCHES and Misty Day. Asylum was by far the most excellent for creepiness though imo, the electroconvulsive therapy scene and the trying to cure homosexuality scene were BRUTAL. And Zach Quinto's character freaked me out so much! That whole season was just kind of objectively excellent.

I second the idea of Hannibal, especially if you love AHS for the creepiness. I've only seen one season but damn, it's so wonderfully shot and well done that even a total noob like me can appreciate it. And I totally agree with lunarlet on the deaths, they're so INTERESTING.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @dividend Ah I've watched everything in your suggestions except for Robin Hood and Life of Pi. Definitely need to get to Life of Pi! AND YES Shaun of hte Dead is my all time favourite zombie comedy movie, not that there are any othesr out there, other than Wyrmwood maybe.
    Life of Pi was so good. It really made you think and when you see the ending, you'll want to watch it again just so you can view it from other angles. 10/10 for sure!
    Robin Hood is also worth a watch if you've got time, Russell Crowe did an amazing job. (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    18h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    fight club

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The Fall is probably my all time favourite
    Also love Matilda, The Dark Crystal, and Nightcrawler.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Pride and Glory
    Man on Fire
    Four Brothers
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Jurassic Park
    A Nightmare Before Christmas
    Lion King

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    83/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    OK MY ALL TIME FAVE MOVIE IS : safety not guaranteed w aubrey plaza. it's an indie film & a comedy and if you've seen new girl, nick is in it
    idk i recommend if you are looking for quirky movies that are interesting/funny/unpredictable!

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oats View Post
    The Fall is probably my all time favourite
    Also love Matilda, The Dark Crystal, and Nightcrawler.
    damn nightcrawler was sooo good. i've never seen jake gyllenhaal in a movie like that