66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Just dropping by to mention if any BESTie fans around could take note :

In the K-Romance Variety program : EXchange Season 3 . One of the cast member was Da Hye from BESTie . If anyone is interested could give the show a try, i do watch all season 1 &2 and the ongoing season 3, which i find it one of the good ones. But for season 3 i am just focusing on Da Hye & her ex loveline. Though I think they wont get back together anymore, gotta see how it goes at the end (Kinda sad that the 13 year relationship between them ended, but its life).

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    IU - 'Shopper'

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

xmilo (02-20-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    sorry, life got busy and I didn't have time to form a proper reply/update!! so many things to talk abt ahah

@(you need an account to see links) yess, it was my first kpop event and I went alone so I was a bit nervous but the ppl I sat with were really nice! their performance was so fun too, excited for their performances at Coachella!

HAHA, omg I think you're talking about Keria from SKT; the fact that he met New Jeans and then went on to win Worlds, actual NJ buff haha! I think they even did some tiktoks where Keria danced with TXT and some with Faker playing vs other kpop idols. also that clip of Minji complaining about how Hanni plays too much Wild Rifts (mobile LoL) lives rent free in my head haha

thanks again so much for the recs! I tried my best to listen thru as much as I could; some of my favorites were:
    - Purple Kiss: 7HEAVEN, Ponzona, SuMMer RaiN, agit
    - Viviz: BOP BOP!, PULL UP, Untie
    - OMG: SSFWL, Tear Rain, Dun Dun Dance, Secret Garden, Nonstop (almost all the ones your recommended were bops I couldn't get enough)

I definitely like Billlie, but their music has a bit of a quirky sound (if that makes sense? but also love the diff sound they bring) that I don't always crave, but their music is so fun!

@(you need an account to see links) I haven't had a chance to check out GFRIEND, IU and Dreamcatcher yet, but am going to add both song recs to my playlist, will try to update after I listen to everything!

everything got pushed back cuz of the LE SSERAFIM cb, this song has been on repeat for me, I can't stop listening and watching the dance, it's so addicting, i'm absolutely gagged :x

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghastly For This Useful Post:

Ice (02-23-2024),KJiU (02-22-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) , glad that you had a great experience and no worries on that just take your time you can put DreamCatcher last.

Oh since you have looked into Viviz , just my thought on this maybe you can look into GFriend in a reversed way : Their latest -> the initial (debut). If you start from the front there might be a big contrast since they did change their concept in the middle or was it at the end ? Do visit too Yuju's so you can complete the entire package of (Viviz + GFRIEND + Yuju)

Ah and everything is great just dont go into Idol card collection xD

-Add on , as i previously forgotten about it -
    Do you have a bias in LE SSERAFIM so i can just add it to the First page since its like ages since that has been updated

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-24-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I didn't know we had a KPOP thread!

I got into KPOP during the pandemic thanks to Twice I came across "Yes or Yes" and really enjoyed it and started digging deeper and deeper into all their songs, and branched out from there.

I mostly like listening to music from girl groups (Twice, Le Sserafim, Ive, New Jeans, all the mainstream groups I guess xD), but after watching NiziU Season 2, I'm eagerly awaiting NEXZ's debut.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-24-2024),Ice (02-23-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    I didn't know we had a KPOP thread!

I got into KPOP during the pandemic thanks to Twice I came across "Yes or Yes" and really enjoyed it and started digging deeper and deeper into all their songs, and branched out from there.

I mostly like listening to music from girl groups (Twice, Le Sserafim, Ive, New Jeans, all the mainstream groups I guess xD), but after watching NiziU Season 2, I'm eagerly awaiting NEXZ's debut.
    Welcome welcome, nice to have a new member onboard , its nice to see more K-pop lovers popping up haha. Its probably due to the lesser activities over here which the thread gets buried xD

Thats an interesting way of getting into the world of K-Pop , looks like we will get more fun convos out of the 3 of you will pull them in (@Ghastly, @(you need an account to see links)) since they are into the same groups too , as i'm kinda just randomly pick some songs up to listen, if i step away from Dreamcatcher.

Ooh so JYP is doing a boy group next, but i do know that NiziU was loved by the Korean fans . JYP has an American girl group too but didnt really follow up on that haha probably not as popular as the Jap unit.

Lastly the same old thingy , can i get your fav girl group & bias to post on the first page , look forward to see you hanging around here to make it more lively lols

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Foxglove (02-23-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Yay, thank you for the warm welcome!! I don't really talk about KPOP that much IRL so I appreciate this thread

Yeah, NiziU is great! The new American group VCHA is interesting, I didn't really think I'd be into them at all but their debut song was pretty good! I definitely find it playing in my head a lot. It does feel like they're struggling to gain traction, though; idk if I'm the only one feeling that way.

Ooh, I haven't put much thought into who's my bias to be honest! There are so many people who could be a bias for me >.< I like Sana and Tzuyu from Twice, Wonyoung and Gaeul from Ive, Yunjin and Chaewon from Le Sserafim, Yuna from Itzy, Yuqi and Soyeon from G-Idle, the list goes on forever xD

If I had to pick a single person I liked best... actually maybe Felix from Stray Kids?
    I find he's really entertaining to watch in shorts and videos that pop up in my Youtube and stuff. Stray Kids isn't my favorite group overall (my personal preference is girl group > boy group) but they're #1 among the boy groups for me. (Not that I'm familiar with that many boy groups anyways; for years I only listened to/followed GGs xD)

OK EDIT: I DIDN'T READ YOUR POST CLEARLY ENOUGH
    Favorite GG member... I'll probably have to go Yuna from Itzy, she's so confident and super extra and I'm all for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Are you a human being with feelings if you didn't get emotional over watching this??? 😭😭😭 I literally was so wibbly afterwards, couldn't keep my shit together! There's a lot of theorizing and speculation over what everything means and such, I'm not a super deep person in terms of analysis of meanings and themes but I did watch this video (has eng subs).

There was also some "controversy" over her original title (Love Wins - people thought it was too overlapping with lgbtq+ movement for using the same phrase) and some people even went as far to call this ableism/diminishing the struggles of disabled people but sometimes it's not that deep right 🙃
    OMG I watched this when it came out and was just bawling, so emotional, so good T_T
    TOO good perhaps, I've avoided watching/listening since then because I don't want the waterworks to start again, haha. Sometimes I'll find myself just thinking about the MV and then I get all teary-eyed. Shoutout to IU for playing a strong female character in the MV too, who stood up with the bat to defend her partner first.
    Last edited by Foxglove; 02-23-2024 at 02:48 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

Ice (02-23-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I am kinda in the same boat with you as i too don't talk about Kpop irl haha. I ended up backread my previous post and also checked on my first post , i was supposed to be writing "favorite group bias" but it ended up as girl group for some reason. I can always change it to Stray kids Felix if you wanted ( my neopet‘s guildie also love Felix haha ), but on a second thought! it might be better as a whole to have a Girl group bias list instead since i realized the list was entirely Girl Group members xD

I see i see so its VCHA ( i did probably forget it after i finish with my reply post LOL , maybe because its an american group which hence doesn't gives off as much of the K-pop vibe/feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    Ooh, I haven't put much thought into who's my bias to be honest! There are so many people who could be a bias for me >.< I like Sana and Tzuyu from Twice, Wonyoung and Gaeul from Ive, Yunjin and Chaewon from Le Sserafim, Yuna from Itzy, Yuqi and Soyeon from G-Idle, the list goes on forever xD .
    Oh not to worry i got you here, Its pretty normal in K-pop to have multiple bias' (per group) unless you are like hardcore into fandom ( ahem which is pretty bad for the wallet ) I like Sana too for twice and Yuqi in G-Idle xD

For some reason the ones with impact are always the sad ones but i find this old MV (one of those that stays in the head) cool & interesting which also tears free (ah but if you have watched it before then HAHA)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    TWICE : ONE SPARK

I believed i'm just Sana bias lol i only vibe to her part + Momo & Tzuyu lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-24-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) whoa what a view!! 😍 also yea ik they just cb with Easy but call me a hater I just can't bring myself to check out their new stuff 🤣 probably just don't want to see Sakura's face lol! the crossover now between gaming and kpop is just so funny lol. I remember back in the day Fromis9 had 2 members play Overwatch during their survival show :' )

also I'm so glad you enjoyed the recs!! 💙💙💙 and yeah like KJ said for the full Gfriend experience, you should go through their discography (pretty much every title track is an absolute slay but I could go on about all their songs all day lol...) + Yuju and Yerin's solo songs since you've already covered Viviz 🥰

@(you need an account to see links) yaaay another kpopper and ONCE!!! did you listen to One Spark yet?! (thanks KJ for posting lol) I still like I Got You (watching the mv and listening to the lyrics gives me HELLA feels, talking about emotional kpop vids lol 😭) better but One Spark is great too 🥺 and I love NiZIU they're so precious jklajsklfa I don't pay attn to boy groups so can't say anything about season 2 haha but I also slept on the whole VCHA saga too oops 😅

@(you need an account to see links) omg Please Don't is cinematic CLASSIC literally cannot talk about iconic mvs without mentioning it lol!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-24-2024),KJiU (02-23-2024)