DL/UL
    85/0
    Mentioned
    198 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    This is a great topic and I love hearing about old items. I personally have a prize from a very old Lenny Conundrum. Only 250 were given out. I can never find any out there and it is unpriced by Jelly Neo.

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peanutface For This Useful Post:

Infected (07-10-2023),Sakuras (07-13-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Okay, I just had a second and looked at JellyNeo and there seems to be six that I think could all fall under this general vague category based on theming and release date? Also now that I'm including the images, the filename confirms.
    Damn that Kad-Hoagie is super cute! I've never seen it before.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by tcas4200 View Post
    Always had memories from somewhere that someone had generated an ultimate chive of death by going through item ids or something. Didn't realize there were 2x of them on an account. I can only imagine how crazy that damage would be on Inflatable Balthazar.

I also wonder how many Faerie Acorns might be in existence and not converted into slingshots. Don't know that I've ever seen regular Faerie Acorns (in a long while anyway) as far as rare items go.
    I had to dig through, but found the screenshot I took that was my downfall with that particular account.

If only my curiosity hadn't gotten the better of me. I doubt a higher score has been achieved lol

Faerie acorns are definitely an extreme rarity. I have come across maybe ONE on a "legit" account, but had a few through other means in the past.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (07-10-2023),Demetri (07-10-2023),♥ foxe ♥ (07-11-2023),Sakuras (07-13-2023),Shawn (07-10-2023),tcas4200 (07-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    this was one of my first thoughts as well being an old plot prize and one-use in addition to robot being a fairly desirable lab only color, but with that being said it also makes me think it has a higher likelihood of being genned due to the desirability of it. I feel like I've seen them for sale on neopets selling sites here and there but probably not nearly as often as my brain is making me think lol.
    I thought it'd be pretty easy to track if they were genned, given the account would need to be the right age AND have the plot trophies and whatnot.
    Basically any of the ones that showed up for sale any time recent are just old accounts being cracked open, is my theory anyways.

Of course, if nobody's looking it'd be easy to slip through the cracks I guess

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by kalez View Post
    I thought it'd be pretty easy to track if they were genned, given the account would need to be the right age AND have the plot trophies and whatnot.
    Basically any of the ones that showed up for sale any time recent are just old accounts being cracked open, is my theory anyways.

Of course, if nobody's looking it'd be easy to slip through the cracks I guess
    they don't necessarily have to be sold on the same account they were "earned" on, no? I didn't think they were a no-trade item, so I figured most people who would buy to resell or collect would not really come under scrutiny assuming they are working off of a built main that gives the impression "yea this person probably buys/sells high value items on the reg"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (07-13-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I had to dig through, but found the screenshot I took that was my downfall with that particular account.

If only my curiosity hadn't gotten the better of me. I doubt a higher score has been achieved lol

Faerie acorns are definitely an extreme rarity. I have come across maybe ONE on a "legit" account, but had a few through other means in the past.
    Damn that screenshot is iconic! I bet you have some wild screenshots of some of the goods you've had!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Damn that screenshot is iconic! I bet you have some wild screenshots of some of the goods you've had!
    I have to sort through all my old stuff. I actually have a little screen cap video I took of the account I hit Balthazar from and all the insane stuff that it had on it.

If anybody remembers when platinum nerkmids were not a known thing.. I found hundreds of them on this account. Sold them all in the shop for the max amount back in the day and had like a half billion in my til at a time haha. Good times!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (07-13-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    +1 for this being an interesting thread conversation!

I've seen recently a lot of desire for HoS that I never understood, but I guess it's more due to it being fun on top of being super rare. That being said, I'm very happy that they decided to reopen the cove with old items to get them back in the market again - even if most of them went to a single person. TNT at least appears to be trying new things (like the STS from the MP) to get old/rare items back into the game.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    I've been wondering with the current (and seemingly constant) inflation on Neopets, what the rarest items actually were? I tried to find a similar thread but couldn't.

I'm not talking like Darigan Sword of Death or other old plot prizes of which only one or two ever existed, but more items that used to be more abundant in the past but aren't anymore. I'm assuming the rarest items in that category would probably be collectibles or stamps. Like how many Wock Til You Drop or Commander Garoo stamps actually exist today? I know it's hard to say because a lot of items are duped and generated, but it still seems to be near impossible to come across on of these more than a couple of times a year. I don't remember the last time I saw one.

Does anyone know what the rarest items are today? Also what even happened to the DSOD? Featheralley had it, then it got donated to a Darigan gallery which doesn't exist anymore. Did it just get wiped off the site?
    Wait! You can dupe things? Geez.

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    Wait! You can dupe things? Geez.
    Not anymore, but there was an issue with the site lag after the server migration years ago that allowed for items to be duped. All you had to do was keep clicking the submit button when interacting with an item.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-11-2023),Sakuras (07-13-2023)