Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Okay here we go. Maybe I'm not going to write a novel after all..

I'm mostly insecure about my looks tbh. It really sucks.
    I freak out about my weight mainly; even though I'm not close to being overweight, I just feel fat all the time. No matter what. I know I'm not but.. heh.
    I'm insecure about my teeth, I have a front crooked tooth. So I try not to smile a lot.
    I have a mole on my right cheek that I hate, so it's usually always covered by my hair. I really want to get it removed.

And in terms of looks, I feel like I'll never be good enough for anyone.
    So I fear being cheated on, lied to, etc.
    I feel like even my personality sucks..

I'm also insecure with my art, I draw something and then 30 minutes later, I trash it or refuse to show it to anyone.
    Which isn't good.. because I want to major in graphic design.

I feel like ANYTHING I do isn't good enough.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I am insecure af so I probably won't list everything.
    A lot is to do with my looks because I have terrible body image and I'm not a huge fan of my face, oops. Also I'm socially insecure because social anxiety. Also I'm really insecure about the fact that I've never been on a date and that comes back to both of those things.

Also I am pretty insecure about how long it's taken me to get my degree. I grew up in a very competitive school with a lot of pressure to follow the typical plans for college and stuff, but I'll be getting my degree about two and a half years "late". I've mostly learned to accept it within myself and pass advice about it to others, but as soon as I get in a space with my peers and see how some already have masters or are on track to med school or have great jobs, I kind of crumple.

idk why i feel so comfortable being open and honest on clraik when half the time i'm shy with simple neopets discussions, but i'm noticing it becoming a pattern
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    26d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I am recovered from an eating disorder, so most of my insecurities are based on that. I do not allow a scale in my house. I don't like to buy clothes because I am too afraid to know what size I should be in. All of my jeans are years old. I am so much better than I used to be, and I eat well. The insecurities just remain.

Also, I have so much social anxiety that I won't even make an appointment to talk to a doctor about my anxiety. I sometimes stutter when I am excited or nervous, so I try not to speak much around people I don't know because I am so afraid that I'll stutter. I feel like I am being judged all the time, even though logically I know that isn't true. I worry about stupid things like "What should I be doing with my hands? Do I look bitchy with my arms crossed like this? Won't I look weird with them just like hanging by my sides?" haha. The craziest thing is that nobody knows it. I seem completely happy, but I am really having a hard time on the inside.

I'm 25 and people think that I am 15. That makes me insecure as well, and pretty much all makeup makes my skin break out. It sucks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tika For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-11-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    Also I am pretty insecure about how long it's taken me to get my degree. I grew up in a very competitive school with a lot of pressure to follow the typical plans for college and stuff, but I'll be getting my degree about two and a half years "late". I've mostly learned to accept it within myself and pass advice about it to others, but as soon as I get in a space with my peers and see how some already have masters or are on track to med school or have great jobs, I kind of crumple.
    ^ Same here, most of my friends have graduated and already started their careers while I'm sitting at my part-time jobs and still going to school. I'm about 2 & a half years late as well because I didn't know what I really wanted to do. I keep comparing myself to other people in terms of education and what they've accomplished so far and it really fucks with my head. It's pretty discouraging. :/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teal For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-11-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    26d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    ^ Same here, most of my friends have graduated and already started their careers while I'm sitting at my part-time jobs and still going to school. I'm about 2 & a half years late as well because I didn't know what I really wanted to do. I keep comparing myself to other people in terms of education and what they've accomplished so far and it really fucks with my head. It's pretty discouraging. :/
    Aw, but you guys shouldn't be insecure about this anyhow. It is much better that you waited and are actually going to school for what you want, rather than rushing yourself and ending up in a career you will hate. No need to be discouraged over taking the time to make the decision that was right for you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tika For This Useful Post:

Teal (07-11-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I have this strange irrational fear/insecurity that everyone that looks my way is mentally picking me apart. It doesn't really change me at all, but it's always in the back of my mind like "omg u look so bad today they are thinking how gross u are" for some reason. I don't even have any background on why. Like usually insecurities were pushed onto people or brought on by anxiety or developed over time. Mine have basically always been there.

I also seriously feel like I annoy people with everything I do/say so I've become a MAJOR loner, and I'll completely ignore people, even if it's online or texting or whatever to avoid being a bother. I literally have 2 friends and one lives 3 hours away so it would be a 6 hour trip just to visit her. And I mostly only hang out with my Mom. I'm 23. But I like hanging with my mom so it's not an insecurity lol, but comes from one apparently.
    I love other Jess even tho I log in like twice a year

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tika View Post
    Aw, but you guys shouldn't be insecure about this anyhow. It is much better that you waited and are actually going to school for what you want, rather than rushing yourself and ending up in a career you will hate. No need to be discouraged over taking the time to make the decision that was right for you.
    That's actually not really my situation.
    I got sick and had to take a year off and then I had some changes with the program I was pursuing (originally a dual degree plan from two school, but dropped it because complications after a semester of pre-reqs) and then illness and poor planning.
    I definitely don't have a clue what I want to do (original plan was software development but undergrad dulled my passions and migraines have made it difficult).
    Sorry, I feel like I'm shitting on your encouragement!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    26d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    That's actually not really my situation.
    I got sick and had to take a year off and then I had some changes with the program I was pursuing (originally a dual degree plan from two school, but dropped it because complications after a semester of pre-reqs) and then illness and poor planning.
    I definitely don't have a clue what I want to do (original plan was software development but undergrad dulled my passions and migraines have made it difficult).
    Sorry, I feel like I'm shitting on your encouragement!
    No reason to be sorry! You're not shitting on my encouragement haha. I am sorry to hear about your health, I hope you're doing better now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 21h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    For as long as I can remember, I've been getting teased for my weight, but I have attempted to many diets and have been treated by nutritionists throughout the years (high-protein/high-calorie) to gain weight and I haven't ever been able to surpass 71 pounds.
    Also, I have an elevated shoulder blade due to a spine deformity so I am always insecure about that and HATEEE when people touch that elevated shoulder blade.
    And um, all my surgery scars all over the place I'm pretty insecure about too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    " I feel like I'll never be good enough for anyone.
    So I fear being cheated on, lied to, etc.
    I feel like even my personality sucks.."

i feel like this to and it's really horrible ;(

also about not chosing your carreer, take your time, i was between 6 carrers when i needed to chose what i 'wanted' because to get in a college here in brazil it's really different than us, so i choose law school, and i kinda like it but i don't feel like it's the career i wanna follow after college and i don't know how to say that to my parents because i'm afraid to let them down, i'm in the 2nd year yet, and even if i give up on this i don't know what i wanna chase as a career ;/
    i guess i'll just finish this and see it if i like when i start working with it
    also, i hate that every people i talked about not being satisfied in college everyone says: in the beggining it's like this, so i don't know if would be a precipitated action if i gave up.

but in your case, there's any school you feel like you wanted to try? maybe you could give it a try and see how it goes.

and sorry my english if you dont undestand something just ask me xD