18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Unfortunately I've only had the shot so maybe someone else can be of better help D:

But I will be posting about paragard when I get it in case you wanna know about the pain etc.
    That'd be awesome, I love hearing actual input. 2 of my other friends have actually just recently gotten the IUD as well, but have scared the SHIT out of me about how much it hurts to put in. I think it'll be worth it though, to not have to worry about pills or anything for such a long time. Honestly I just want to figure out SOMETHING that will work right x.o

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyre For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by youronetemptation View Post
    I am on the Depo Shot right now as well and I have an appointment this coming week to get it changed. I just feel like I am also gaining a bit more weight that an I wanted to. I was at 106 which scared me so I started eating a lot more and now I shot up to an incredible 115 (this was over about 2-3 weeks). I know that a lot of people experience weight gain with the Depo Shot and the only real way to stop gaining the weight is to get put on something else, which sounds like what you did!

I am currently nursing so my options for birth control are very limited so that it doesn't effect my 8 month old daughter.
    It sounds like you might want to look into paragard as well! There's no hormones or anything that will affect your daughter and it's 99% effective like depo, getting your tubes tied and implanon.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    That'd be awesome, I love hearing actual input. 2 of my other friends have actually just recently gotten the IUD as well, but have scared the SHIT out of me about how much it hurts to put in. I think it'll be worth it though, to not have to worry about pills or anything for such a long time. Honestly I just want to figure out SOMETHING that will work right x.o
    Not to mention you only have to go through the pain once every ten years! And they can take it out sooner if you want to try for kids and you'll be able to conceive immediately unlike hormonal birth control.

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    6d 8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm hoping for the best. I just have a lot of other health issues going on too so I'm not sure what is going to be safe or potentially cause even more side effects. Here are a few things that are wrong, just to name a few lol. I have elevated liver enzymes, figured it out a few months ago and it hadn't been like that until a couple months after I had Aria. I also find it incredibly hard to concentrate, my brain gets foggy and I'm very easily annoyed/agitated/angered. I have been to the hospital three times last month. I went in once, they said I had elevated liver enzymes, went in again and it was just stress/anxiety, and then I went back AGAIN and they told me that I had an inner ear infection which was causing me Positional Vertigo. So, all in all I am extremely messed up right now for whatever reason and on top of all of that my sisters cat gave me pin worms before she moved out (they are gone now, super easy fix lol)! *throws hands in the air* I feel like I can't catch a break.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by youronetemptation View Post
    I'm hoping for the best. I just have a lot of other health issues going on too so I'm not sure what is going to be safe or potentially cause even more side effects. Here are a few things that are wrong, just to name a few lol. I have elevated liver enzymes, figured it out a few months ago and it hadn't been like that until a couple months after I had Aria. I also find it incredibly hard to concentrate, my brain gets foggy and I'm very easily annoyed/agitated/angered. I have been to the hospital three times last month. I went in once, they said I had elevated liver enzymes, went in again and it was just stress/anxiety, and then I went back AGAIN and they told me that I had an inner ear infection which was causing me Positional Vertigo. So, all in all I am extremely messed up right now for whatever reason and on top of all of that my sisters cat gave me pin worms before she moved out (they are gone now, super easy fix lol)! *throws hands in the air* I feel like I can't catch a break.
    Oh my goodness you poor thing ;___; that sounds like hell.

I would definitely wait until you're all better to try anything new because you don't really know what type of reaction your body will have with it. Ask your doctor what would be the safest non hormonal option and then I would go from there

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    6d 8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I plan on talking to the people over at planned parenthood when I go but I might leave a message for my primary care physician as well to see what her thoughts are and if I should stay where I am or what would be best if I am planning on switching to see if any of these symptoms stop. We shall see! I'm just hoping my liver enzymes go down enough in december so I don't have to get a biopsy done :/. The gastrologist was very adamant about it being an extremely uncomfortable procedure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to youronetemptation For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    In my country they push birth control on every girl from a very young age. The doctors and nurses will only tell you about the huge advantages and if you have any doubts/concerns or asking uncomfortable questions in general regarding potential side-effects they'll just brush them off - following up with a lecture on how irresponsible it is to just rely on condoms. I was on Implanon for a whole year, gained 44 lbs during that year without changing my diet and yet I still had to beg to get that horrible thing out of my body. It took years before my metabolism returned to normal!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Six For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-27-2014),cibomatto (10-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Hey ladies, so I had my consultation yesterday and am getting the Mirena put in later today so I figured I'd share my experience so far and get some advice. Note that this uh, may be a little gross if you're sensitive to that kind of thing.

I went in to the consult after debating between Paragard and Mirena pretty hard. In the end, I decided that my periods before BC were pretty heavy, and I did NOT want to risk/experience the heavier and longer (up to 10 days?!?!?) periods on paragard. I've had trouble spotting with the Nexplanon, but I spoke with my doctor and she was very confident with Mirena, saying she puts them in every day now and only ever removes them for people who want to give birth or who's time is up. The hormones are slightly different between the two birth controls, and since Mirena is a low dose that it will probably work. She mentioned the possibility of spotting for 3-6 months, but that most people stop spotting by the 1 month checkup.

Basically, I'm willing to risk the spotting again if it'll give me a smaller/no period.

She gave me a prescription for a pill to insert vaginally the night before the procedure (today), and warned me that I might feel a little crampy, since the pill is meant to soften the uterus to make the procedure easier. She said to try and get it as far up in there as I could.

I put it in last night, and pushing a tiny pill up my vagina is definitely one of the weirdest things I've ever done. Like, I put tampons in there all the time, but actually having to shove a tiny pill in with your finger is super weird, lol. I did it literally RIGHT before bed, because I was afraid of the pain of cramping, I also took midol on an empty stomach to help with the cramping.

Well I woke up in the middle of the night, not with cramping but with intense gas pressure on my stomach (not vagina), bloated, nauseous, and eventually the start of a poopocalypse. I woke up multiple times in the middle of the night, and generally had an awful night. But, no cramping from the pill!

I don't know if the pill caused that, but I'm assuming the Midol with an empty stomach was the more likely candidate.

So, here I am this morning still nauseous and stomach contents in dangerous territory. I've researched this so much, from reviews saying it doesn't hurt at all to the "It's worse than childbirth!" reviews. Basically, I've freaked myself out to the point that I know going there to get the procedure is going to be awful, because the anxiety is just going to make me more nauseous and shitty (literally). HOW DO I STOP MYSELF from working myself up to this point. I can't stop thinking about it, I can distract myself but I just know as soon as I'm gonna go there I'll start feeling anxious and sick.

Has anyone had experience with this kind of pain anxiety? This anxiety has only started to affect me recently, and I still haven't figured out a working coping mechanism.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyre For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-27-2014),cibomatto (10-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    ALRIGHT I'm back! Keep in mind I'm a pretty small person, and have never given birth.

Here's how it went:
    I went in, undressed from the waist down, put the lovely sheet over my lap as per usual for the gynecologist. Which, btw, that sheet is large and awkward as fuck, but that's a different topic. She explained to me the procedure: they would put in a clamp to open the cervix and keep it in place while they insert, then they'll clean it with iodine to prevent infection, measure the length of the uterus so they know how far to put it in, and insert.

I took 800mg of ibuprofen before this, but I highly suggest asking your doctor to prescribe something stronger. I know I will next time.

Put my legs up in the stirrups (yeehaw), and they inserted the clamp thing. The clamp wasn't too bad, just a lot of pressure and a little bit of pain, you could definitely tell it was there the whole time. They swabbed around with iodine and then warned me about a pinching feeling and measured. WOW okay that was painful, but the very sharp pain didn't last too long. However, it was replaced with a strong pressure and crampy pain for the next part of the procedure. They began inserting the IUD and holy MOTHER OF GOD JESUS FUCKING WOW yeah. This is one of those pains you can't keep quiet for, I kinda let out a grunt and tried not to shift around. This lasted for about 40 seconds, (which is a long ass time in pain), and then they cut the strings and showed me what they felt like (via a snipped piece of string). They said they'll soften and feel flat, that my partner might feel them at first but that it would go away in time.

Okay, at this point the lovely anxiety I had worked up in myself had started to take affect, and I ended up on the verge of passing out for a good 15 minutes. It's normal for me to get light-headed and pass out, but I've been doing a lot better, and being on the verge of passing out has never lasted this long for me before. They had me lay back down, and after I didn't get better 10 minutes later it started feeling worse (tingling in my hands, vision blacking out, shaking, and pulse constantly below 60 at around 55. Apparently anything under 60 you can pass out. They brought me some water, which helped a bit, and put wet towels on my head. She said she could smelling salts me, but I probably wouldn't enjoy it, to which I was like NO because that happened to me when I passed out during the Implanon removal and they're just awful.

They called another doctor in because mine was on the phone, and like him and 3 nurses clamored in this tiny room talking about some vagal effect that patients can have when your cervix is touched. All of this is happening while I'm still cramping hardcore from the insertion. At this point I'm barely hanging on and am dying for them to change the subject. I ask for some sugar, since it definitely helps get blood pressure up, and my super sweet doctor brings me the M&Ms from her lunch (AW) and a carbonated water just in case I wanted something different from the regular water. She was very sweet, I really appreciated both my doctor and the nurse who stayed with me the entire time. After eating the M&Ms my pulse begins rising again and probably 5-10 minutes later I'm back up at 80 and sit up. I eventually get dressed and schedule the check up, and drive myself home.

This is totally just my experience, because I have a passing out problem. If you don't ever have problems with passing out, all you've gotta worry about is the pain. Whatever you do, just stay calm, take some hardcore pain meds and you'll be totally fine. It's about 45 minutes after the insertion and the cramps have completely minimized to just coming and going baby cramps, totally not what I've heard from friends about the cramps getting worse after the procedure. Literally the only bad thing is the insertion, after you get through that you're on the home stretch gurl.

I'll let you guys know if the cramps get better or worse, and will probably check in with updates about spotting and stuff. It's nice to be able to type this out, even if no one's reading my novel. x)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pyre For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-27-2014),cibomatto (10-29-2014),Naomi (10-28-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    The happiest I've ever been is being off birth control (had pills (combined and single), depot injection, and the implant) and just using condoms. Sure, its a little more hassle, but I'm not moody, I don't put on weight, and the clean up job after is much easier and can snuggle for longer hahaha

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chibicat For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-27-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Wow thanks for all that Pyre!!

Tomorrow's my big day and I'm pretty freaking scared xD wish me luck!

Queso Bandito