Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What would YOU like to see from the brand's new era?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Long term stability, health, profitability and intelligent leadership

Yes it is a game we all love, but it is a business at the end of the day. The game got so bad because it was lacking those 4 aspects

u 'mirin?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Charizard (09-20-2023),Nightingale (09-20-2023),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (09-20-2023),Sakuras (09-21-2023),Winona (09-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 19h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Probably both, let’s be real. It will take time and they’d have to dedicate a developer (or small team of people, who knows) to do it. I think we all know their priorities on things like that aren’t there.
    I’m just a returning player but I found it a bit funny when I saw that they’re selling UC conversions in the future since the old TNT staff fought tooth and nail denying that it was even possible (at least until they got caught with an illegal UC).
    I do wonder how much that will impact the market but I’m personally looking forward to getting my favorite UCs.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Winona View Post
    Three words: ACTUAL. CUSTOMER. SERVICE.

This is gonna be my rant here, but - what the FUCK are they doing? In essentially every other customer service situation I've been in, the reps will kiss my ass to make sure my issue is resolved. Even if it doesn't end up being fixed the way I was hoping (whether that was a warranty replacement, a return, a software issue, etc) the company will often take a (comparatively teeny tiny) loss - such as replacing a cheap-ish product for free, regardless of stated policy - in order to retain my business as a customer. And it totally works! I will absolutely keep returning to a company over and over because I know they're going to be chill and/or helpful. Clearly, it works for other people too, because it's still common in spite of the growing enshittification of business practices.

Neopets is essentially the opposite of a typical company customer service experience. They're (you need an account to see links). Every time I've ever spoken to any of their representatives, they've essentially spit in my face and booted me out the door, and I'm not even asking for hard stuff like "hey so I got that account frozen but want it back". Memorably, Tony P "yelled" at me for reporting the customisation bug a couple of years back, after support had specifically asked people to report instances of it happening. None of their reps know what's happening behind the scenes at the company, or with the user support situation in general. Their policies are absolutely batshit crazy - I'm looking at you, original email only policy - and they don't know what the actual rules of the game are half the time (don't even get me started on the vagueness of the rule situation on-site). Clearly, each of these reps is several different people (perhaps a revolving door of poor, exhausted employees) but the company won't acknowledge it, making their replies look more and more inane. I'm fed up with this shit! I've given Neopets some of my IRL money; they should be bowing and scraping to give me even the smallest crumb of a positive experience. I'd love to say "I can't believe they've gotten away with it this long" but obviously no one was going to hold them accountable, so there's no point. All I can hope for (and not believe in the slightest that we'll ever get) is a massive support overhaul with this new transition, to hopefully beat Neopets' customer support service into something even remotely resembling a traditional setup.

...anyway, uh, tl;dr support can kiss my ass
    Imo Neopets is notoriously bad for two large reasons - Terrible support & High freeze/ban rates for the most mundane reasons (it's gotten better but not by much) from a lack of security they make their player base shoulder. Followed by a horrendous support system and you get endless months of back and forth to maybe get a non generated response.
    Their policies are still outdated and not loyal player friendly. The amount of spite I see from their lack of care is insane.
    While support is being addressed with slight changes in policy it has not had enough changes to make it even a decent system.

On another note about support..
    I received a reply that suggested policies may change/lax by the beginning of next year in a vague way. And getting an account back without it being wiped may be possible.
    So maybe there will be changes after the release of NC UC and the plot in order to bring back old users.
    I guess we can only wait and hope and see if the current owners actually want to bring back users!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

Ice (09-21-2023),Sakuras (09-21-2023),Winona (09-20-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by greyduck View Post
    My old main was frozen for over a decade. My current account is overall better, but there’s some game avatars others got me I can’t get again and some plot avatars plus the random contest. I want those game avatars though. I keep trying to find someone I can pay to get them but everyone keeps ghosting me.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha I feel you on the creative side. I used to be a writer but Mental Health and I haven’t in years. Randomly decided to try for the neopian times avatars, and it’s really helped me get going again. I do hope they bring it back, some people were just so creative with the prompts lol it was so fun

So I was ghosted too at first. Prob cause my acc looked very bare like a shell. If you can, try to become active in the forums, gain some user bars, make some friends and I’m sure you’ll have that acc looking and feeling better in no time (:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sqork For This Useful Post:

greyduck (09-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    138d 4h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Better communication and, like Miri said, intelligent leadership.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Better customer service, maybe something like keyquest too!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I hope that they can create some new function, like school function, or some very old event can eplica activities. Correct the bug(Make the R100 items appear in shop!)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by greenloops View Post
    Better customer service, maybe something like keyquest too!
    T think they said they tried to revive it but couldn't find the original files and assets and they couldn't find anyone else who had them. Hopefully someone comes through on that end, there is no red tape that prevent it from being possible, and that they were serious about being interested in bringing it back.

Something similar along those lines would be really rad though, more multiplayer activities like that! If they paywall cosmetics and cosmetics only, people will pay just like they did before.

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raposa View Post
    T think they said they tried to revive it but couldn't find the original files and assets and they couldn't find anyone else who had them. Hopefully someone comes through on that end, there is no red tape that prevent it from being possible, and that they were serious about being interested in bringing it back

Some part of me wonders if they might have legal issues re: KeyQuest - in terms of how it functions as a game, it's very rudimentary (I mean, look how long ago it was made) and is essentially just the same thing as Mario Party. It shouldn't be difficult to rebuild, even if it's fully from scratch (and I'd argue it would have to be at this point regardless). I'm left wondering if it's legal issues or just some form of laziness/misinterpretation of what the players actually want, because we would 1000% play KeyQuest as a mobile app game and the player base has repeatedly stated that we'd universally prefer it to match-3.

Regardless, if it's legal issues they should just reskin the damn thing and send it to us as a poorly disguised clone... I know I'd play that in app form whenever I had a spare moment, and I rarely play mobile games.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Winona For This Useful Post:

Raposa (09-21-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Here's what the CEO said about KQ:

Key Quest: does not have access to the original game. They've looked into getting in touch with the original TNT staff members who worked on it, but no success yet. Recreating it from scratch is not in the cards. But, "never say never".

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418