DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Oh, I have also been considering getting an automatic litter box, maybe this would also be a good opportunity for that. If anybody has opinions on any, I'm all ears.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Oh, I have also been considering getting an automatic litter box, maybe this would also be a good opportunity for that. If anybody has opinions on any, I'm all ears.
    If your cat will accept this as part of her life, I like it a lot, my small kitty who died used it exclusively.

The ones that attempt to scoop clumped litter have inevitably always failed me. If they scoop too early, or kitty has an unfortunate bout of digestive upset and loose stools, the mess the rake makes becomes ungodly.

I invested in one on kickstarter that has yet to deliver... like a year and a half ago.

This is not an automated box, but also is really neat, you only have to scoop poo out and replace pads and swap pellets every month or so. (But same thing if there are ever loose stool situations. You'll be dealing with a very unpleasant mess, so I would only do this if your cat is notoriously regular. But I've had great success with it too.)

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-21-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Thank you! My cat has mostly used domed boxes because she kicks a lot, so I'm hesitant about those, but will definitely take them into consideration.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySarcastic View Post
    If your cat will accept this as part of her life, I like it a lot, my small kitty who died used it exclusively.

The ones that attempt to scoop clumped litter have inevitably always failed me. If they scoop too early, or kitty has an unfortunate bout of digestive upset and loose stools, the mess the rake makes becomes ungodly.

I invested in one on kickstarter that has yet to deliver... like a year and a half ago.

This is not an automated box, but also is really neat, you only have to scoop poo out and replace pads and swap pellets every month or so. (But same thing if there are ever loose stool situations. You'll be dealing with a very unpleasant mess, so I would only do this if your cat is notoriously regular. But I've had great success with it too.)

I use the Breeze pellet system for my cat and it is A. MAZ. ING. I swear by it.

It did take him a little bit of time to transition over (there are good tutorials online to help guide the process), but I literally just scoop his poops out once a day and drop them in the toilet to flush (the pellets are dehydrating), change the pee pad once a week, and change the pellets once every month or two. It is a little costly, but it has saved me SO MUCH TIME. It also smells SOOOO much better than any alternative I've tried before.

Also, my cat is a notorious litter-flinger, too, and he used to use a domed box, but the nice thing about the pellets is that they're bigger/heavier, so I just leave a mat right in front and whenever I scoop his poops, I just pick up the mat and dump the pellets back into the box. Sometimes he'll go wild and fling them off the mat, but they're easy to pick up and dump back in (or if it's REALLY crazy, I just use my handheld vacuum to pick up the rest of them). Either way, it makes waaaaaayyyyy less of a mess than it used to with litter that got everywhere, even with a domed lid.

I highly recommend if you think your cat would take the transition well!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post

Thank you! My cat has mostly used domed boxes because she kicks a lot, so I'm hesitant about those, but will definitely take them into consideration.

Here you go!

I never recommend them offhand to people because cats naturally don't like to feel enclosed when they eliminate, so for some it is discouraging. But if your kitty is already accustomed to it, this would help.

There's a "XL" with very high sides and hooded version of the Breeze box also.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfiction View Post
    Yep, going to go ham on some neopets goodies. A couple UCs, stamps ect

And also will be buying my dad and bro some christmas presents!
    Awh, that's a good idea! I always forget about Christmas presents for other people in the midst of all the things that I'm excited to get for myself... sooooo thank you for reminding me that I should shop some good sales for gift items, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Hey, I bought a mystery pack of MeUndies once too...I entirely understand the excitement, they're great lol

The only real purchase I'd like to make is an ultrawide monitor. I work from home currently and want to be able to see more spreadsheet at a time. One regular monitor is too small but two is too large for my desk space, so an ultrawide monitor mounted to one of those robot arm looking things sounds great.

For fun stuff, if some of the nurseries or etsy plant dealers I follow do any discounts, I'm always happy to continue to push the limits of real estate around my windows. I'd love to get some cool moss for a new terrarium.
    Those sound like great (& practical) things to buy! I would love to invest in more plants, but I'm always really nervous - my cat is a CHEWER, and I just don't have the time or energy to research which plants are safe to have in the house with him.

&& yes!! MeUndies are amazing! So soft. And it really was fun to see the different prints we ended up with. I got some ones that I loved... my hubs, not so much, hahah. Apparently the men's designs that they had left to throw into the mystery packs were... not quite his style, LOL. But oh well, at least they're comfortable & nobody has to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstra View Post
    • MP3 players and bluetooth speakers for my kiddos.
    • Neo stuff (undecided as to specifics yet; holla at me if you have deals!)
    • New thermostat/security system/cams
    • Possibly new washer and dryer =/
    Oooo, I didn't think about new security systems/cams or anything like that. A lot of my friends lately have been moving over into the Smart home systems & swear by them... I wouldn't even know where to start, LOL, but I'm sure there will be some awesome sales on products like that!

Are you needing a new washer & dryer, or just want to upgrade to something with better features? I bet there will also be some great deals on those, but I could see being hesitant if it's not something you really *need*, since it'll likely still be pretty costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Honestly I�ve been eyeing up some of those robot vacuums, the roomba or neato vacs. They are usually entirely too expensive but if they get and good deals for Black Friday or Cyber Monday it may be worth it to finally snag one of those up. I have a few pets and the hair is a never-ending battle. Would be nice to have some little robot scoot around at night and help put a dent into it.
    A few years ago, like @(you need an account to see links), I bought a robot vac for Black Friday because it was a good bargain! Unlike @(you need an account to see links) though, mine has... sat and collected dust, LOL. I think it would probably work better if I had set its docking station up in a different spot, but for some reason, mine ALWAYS went straight to the dining room table and then got stuck underneath, so it rarely cleaned anywhere else. If it DID manage to make it out, it just got stuck under my couch, LOL. They give you these strip things that you can put down to keep it from going to a specific area, but unfortunately, they're thick black sticky strips that you can *totally* see along the sides of the couch or along the bed, etc., and they also don't give you enough to cover the entire area that you need to... so it just looked kinda tacky and felt like it wasn't as much of a bargain as I expected. So I think it kinda depends on your home layout, what kind of furniture you have, etc.

I know a ton of people love them, but I just... wasn't all that impressed. I guess I could try again with a different starting point. I'd really love to have one that I could like, map out a specific path with to make sure that it hit all the areas it needed to instead of repeatedly getting stuck in the exact same area and leaving everything else untouched, LOL.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links) thanks for the review –*being able to scoop directly into the toilet sounds like a dream! I honestly don't have a sense of how well she would transition. She's always been really good with the litterbox, but I also haven't really changed much around with it over the years.
    @(you need an account to see links) Aaaah, those look perfect! Definitely considering all options here. Thank you!

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    175 times
    Time Online
    244d 9h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    i just got myself a set of nerf guns for christmas got them at a steal i must say. 14.99usd for 2 pistols, 2 rifles and 26 darts!

inner child satisfied!

oh, im also looking at a roku stick and a new spill-proof travel coffee mug.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    I need to calm down on excessive spending for a min after redoing my room, two big tattoos, school application & LSAT fees, throwing a bunch of money at charity at some friends' annual fundraiser, and a few UCs including a royal (lol woops), but I’m looking into getting a laptop. I don’t need anything fancy so I’ve gotta see whether a Black Friday sale or something refurbished is the better deal. Also need to start Christmas shopping but I don’t have many ideas yet ahhhh
    Last edited by Druid; 12-01-2020 at 03:26 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (11-22-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstra View Post
    • MP3 players and bluetooth speakers for my kiddos.
    • Neo stuff (undecided as to specifics yet; holla at me if you have deals!)
    • New thermostat/security system/cams
    • Possibly new washer and dryer =/
    Oooo, I didn't think about new security systems/cams or anything like that. A lot of my friends lately have been moving over into the Smart home systems & swear by them... I wouldn't even know where to start, LOL, but I'm sure there will be some awesome sales on products like that!

Are you needing a new washer & dryer, or just want to upgrade to something with better features? I bet there will also be some great deals on those, but I could see being hesitant if it's not something you really *need*, since it'll likely still be pretty costly.
    Unfortunately I think it's something we are going to need. The set we have is starting to break down; which is frustrating as they were pretty top of the line when we got them; even if that was in 2011/2.

Just wasn't in the budget tbh; but we are a family of 6, so laundromat would be prohibitively expensive.