2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

How long do you reckon...

until TNT starts screwing with UC prices?

I know they've said a million times that they won't be touching the values of UCs, but they've deflated practically everything of value having to do with pets in the past few years.

Draiks (Forgotten Shores + AAA)
    Krawks (Forgotten Shores + AAA)
    RW/RNs (Purge, okay they do that every couple years but still)
    FFQs (Fortune Cookies)
    Paintbrushes (new BD, KQ, FFQs)

And now they've gone and revamped Battledome and added fifth pets for Premium?

Honestly, I feel like the dawn of users being allowed to unconvert pets is coming, guys :| 2013 might be the 2nd Neopocalypse.

Anyhow, do you think TNT would ever actually do it? How do you think it'd affect clraik and all other sites like it?

I am interested in your answers!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I don't think TNT will touch UCs, they're a ghost of the past; there is no reason for them to. They only grandfathered some pets into UCs because they saw there was a lot of talent in those old designs compared to the rest. If they really cared about UCs, they'd UC every design pre-2007. I would love a UC Blue Kacheek, unfortunately...

Besides, there is more money to be made with customs now, errbody frowin' der coin fo dat lil wig er umbrella n goin', "oh shits, so cuuddie!".

The deflation of everything else was inevitable and just. Krawks and Draiks were originally meant to be LE, but within reach of the average user with a little work. Not a status symbol of the elite, coming close to 20m each in their prime. Same with PBs, the plan was for the average user to have fun, get the PB they wanted, and paint their pet to their whim. 12m for a Plushie PB at its peak? More expensive than an Anagram, not as intended.

I'll admit the FFQ Cookies are pretty messed though. They vowed that NC would never impact or allow paying players an advantage over non at NC's inception. Well here they are, hypocrites to the brim. The training cookies don't help either. But industry is just that, sometimes you need to throw away ideals for big $$$.

But to answer your last Q, if they allowed UCs back, it would crush cK and other sites' market by 50%. Like Black Tuesday for Neo. Everyone would scramble to sell their UCs for a quick buck, and many people would be in PayPal debt.

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    I don't think TNT will touch UCs, they're a ghost of the past; there is no reason for them to. They only grandfathered some pets into UCs because they saw there was a lot of talent in those old designs compared to the rest. If they really cared about UCs, they'd UC every design pre-2007. I would love a UC Blue Kacheek, unfortunately...

Besides, there is more money to be made with customs now, errbody frowin' der coin fo dat lil wig er umbrella n goin', "oh shits, so cuuddie!".

The deflation of everything else was inevitable and just. Krawks and Draiks were originally meant to be LE, but within reach of the average user with a little work. Not a status symbol of the elite, coming close to 20m each in their prime. Same with PBs, the plan was for the average user to have fun, get the PB they wanted, and paint their pet to their whim. 12m for a Plushie PB at its peak? More expensive than an Anagram, not as intended.

I'll admit the FFQ Cookies are pretty messed though. They vowed that NC would never impact or allow paying players an advantage over non at NC's inception. Well here they are, hypocrites to the brim. The training cookies don't help either. But industry is just that, sometimes you need to throw away ideals for big $$$.

But to answer your last Q, if they allowed UCs back, it would crush cK and other sites' market by 50%. Like Black Tuesday for Neo. Everyone would scramble to sell their UCs for a quick buck, and many people would be in PayPal debt.
    what's black Tuesday?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    29d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I've heard people on the PC saying they'd pay upwards on hundreds of dollars for an item in the NC Mall that unconverts your pet. -_-

I vote a big HELL NO to that, myself. o.o

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    what's black Tuesday?
    A day in the late 20s when the US stock market crashed, leading to overwhelming debt among nearly all who played the stock game and bankrupt businesses.
    People went apeshit and there were a lot of suicides from peeps who knew they could never clear their debt.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Maki (02-24-2013),Toasted (02-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I don't think they assign any real value to UCs, so I don't think that's how they would deal with them. My guess is that they'll just keep trying to freeze to illegit ones until they all wither away.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
    I've heard people on the PC saying they'd pay upwards on hundreds of dollars for an item in the NC Mall that unconverts your pet. -_-

I vote a big HELL NO to that, myself. o.o
    Honestly, I wouldn't put it past TNT to pull some sort of Neocash stint on UCs though. Considering how willing people are to drop bucks on the old art (albeit most of the people are doing it because UCs are rare) TNT really could cash in big with a UC-zappermajig.

I'm honestly all for retaining UC value; however, without illegit means, pretty much the only way to get a UC now is through training up a BD pet for countless years.

Also lolol too bad those silly PC'ers haven't delved into the underworld xD

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Desu For This Useful Post:

Toasted (02-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Desu View Post
    Also lolol too bad those silly PC'ers haven't delved into the underworld xD
    Word. They're the dumbest clique on Neo. Dumber than ACers, which means something.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Toasted (02-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    29d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Word. They're the dumbest clique on Neo. Dumber than ACers, which means something.
    LOL MOD. I used to be an AC'er, until I came back from a 3-year hiatus and realized, wow, really? XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    There are better ways of getting pets than sitting and bumping a thread 12 hours a day and idly moaning about why nobody won't love their RN "Emmylyie" and how unfair the world is.

I was actively on the PC sucking up to people with UCs until I turned 11. And then I realized how ridic it was xD