2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Latest Editorial Discussion

I know many of you guys think shit of TNT, and I know sometimes they may not have the best reasoning/service.

Personally I think they have really improved, and done more for their players than in the past.

I think we really should give them the credit they deserve.

Okay, so I'm a little late, but I found out today about the "glitch" that happened the other day. You know what I mean. Anyway, I never realized before how much you guys really do to protect users from not so nice people. I started playing on this site at a young age and now I'm 25 and a mom who hopes to pass this site on to my daughter someday. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that keeps this site safe for users of all ages. ~xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks to you and everyone else who wrote in about it. (To ease the curiosity of others: It was a log of the notices that get sent out to the Monitoring team.) You guys are really important to us, and we know sometimes we can be a bit strict, but we fight hard to keep Neopia a safe and pleasant place where you can relax and have fun .........

TNT, I was just wondering: how come it seems like the staff doesn't provide an area for players to give their feedback and provide suggestions? I've played other games that have forums for that, but as long as I have been playing Neopets, I've always felt that it wasn't "our game." We don't really have a say in anything (and most suggestions I see in the Editorial are always shut down because "We can't do that"). It just seems like the staff is not too open to other people's great suggestions. ~frostygrunt

We actually have staff that gather and send in both daily and weekly feedback to us. If you've posted on one of those long boards that discuss your Neopian likes or dislikes, or what improvements you'd like to see, chances are that we've read it. We do read our suggestions board, and you can also send your feedback directly to us through the help page. All those fan sites and communities you have out there? We watch them, too. Many of your suggestions, comments, and thoughts are sent to all departments. The majority of you weren't quite thrilled with how that newest Maractite Neopet looked? The Art Department has been alerted. You wished a site event would have done X differently? Our Content Department will know. Something isn't quite working right? We've put in a ticket to our programmers.

That said, the biggest issue is time and resources. Also, much of our content is planned months to a year in advance, which makes it hard to work in suggestions that suddenly crop up. While we don't like to shoot down suggestions, sometimes it just isn't feasible or high priority enough to work into our schedules. Some ideas are fantastic, or ones we've been dying to implement, and we do try to make those happen, though it doesn't always happen quickly.

Just my opinion. I just think we're a bit too cynical

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatz View Post
    Just my opinion. I just think we're a bit too cynical
    If we weren't cynical, we wouldn't be here.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I guess they have gotten a little better, but compared to what they used to be anything at all would be better. So saying they are getting better isn't really saying too much lol.

I think we give them the credit they are due, they really haven't wowed me with anything lately. If anything, I think they really dropped the ball with the new BD. and the recent plots have been kinda.. Meh.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    If we weren't cynical, we wouldn't be here.
    Meh, I don't think that's the case

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I guess they have gotten a little better, but compared to what they used to be anything at all would be better. So saying they are getting better isn't really saying too much lol.

I think we give them the credit they are due, they really haven't wowed me with anything lately. If anything, I think they really dropped the ball with the new BD. and the recent plots have been kinda.. Meh.
    I agree, there has not been anything amazing lately. But honestly, what more can they drastically change/add that's practical to their resources. I myself have never been too much into the BD/plots any way. I'm just saying TNT's care for their players has gone up recently

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    As much as I like how they're doing what's outlined in those editorial responses I feel as if those are things that should be expected of a company anyway. I like how they work hard to protect younger users too, but it's also in their best interest as well. No parent is going to want their kid to be on a site that poses a danger to them, and they'd be losing potential customers.

They're also going to want to maintain their image publicly - and maybe this is cynical of me - but I can't help but wonder whether some of these things were leaked out on purpose as a sort of PR move to prove how noble and righteous they are. We all know how they warn for silly offenses and sometimes freeze without reason, so I imagine those editorial questions are selectively chosen just to try to combat the already existing negative opinions about TNT. xP;

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daenery For This Useful Post:

shadowcat (06-21-2013),Whispers (06-22-2013)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    28d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I think they work hard. I think that they do try to do well.
    I just think they're crap with how they handle punishing and freezing users.
    (itsa me, funnybell)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by funnybell View Post
    I just think they're crap with how they handle punishing and freezing users.
    Agreed. The unfair freezing of users is insane. It's like they just freeze people left and right on a whim, and they've been doing that for a long time. They've frozen me when I was playing legit several times for reasons that didn't even make sense, and said "oh if you out a bunch of other people you know are cheating, then we might return the account." Um, I wasn't cheating, so... no?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    In my opinion, the things that are outlined in those statements are things they HAVE to do! I mean honestly they shouldn't get props for something that is expected of every decent business!
    There are a ton of virtual pet sites and they ALL have to protect against paedophiles! Any site that allows users under 18 HAVE to protect against paedophiles! Even if they didn't care, they would still have to; imagine if some paedophile was successful on one of these sites, the site in question would be mentioned all over the media in relation to this incident!

Also OF COURSE they have to say, that they read suggestions and they actually try to improve, I mean wouldn't you say the same thing, if you were in their position?? I also feel that in every editorial, they have some manipulative reason behind which questions they choose! I mean since the cheating scandals with the AC and the recent glitches, of course they are trying to improve their image, by including these questions! They are trying to say that, they work hard to keep the site safe and that they are listening to their users and trying to improve!

HOWEVER if they really did want to listen to their users and improve, why haven't they improved the freezing system?! There has been a million suggestions that could improve the freezing system; point system, lesser punishments, strikes, different punishments for different offences and they should be clearly outlined, no permanent freeze until you get to talk it over in a ticket. This list could go on, I have heard a million great examples, but they haven't listened once, even though the freezing complaint is the biggest complaints and one of the primary reasons people either stop playing or start cheating! And it isn't just the freezing either, what about bringing back UC's? There has been a ton of great suggestions in that topic as well, some that would even be VERY beneficial to themselves, for example; they could make it a special paintbrush/item in the NC Mall, that you would have to buy and it could be the priciest of all the items in the NC Mall, but no, they wont do it because they just love being a royal pain in the arse! I could go on...
    Last edited by Whispers; 06-22-2013 at 11:37 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Whispers For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (06-22-2013)