2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Any SYTYCD fans here?

I'm in love with the show So You Think You Can Dance.

I'm curious, does anyone else watch, or am I the only one?
    Agh, I need buddies to talk about this show with! haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I LOVE it too! I haven't been watching the recent season though. It isn't broadcast regularly in my country, so I just tend to wait and then watch it all online.
    I absolutely love it though, it's one of my favourite programs! It is one of the primary reasons I picked up dancing again.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    There's a guy who created a dance group called "Dragon House" that I know. He used to frequent neopet forums a loong time ago. I think 4 people from his group have already been on the show and one of them made it to the finals last year.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Gah! I used to love that show. I actually got to see them perform live for free (from really great seats!) because of family connections; it was the season that Jeanine won. :'D

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    There's a guy who created a dance group called "Dragon House" that I know. He used to frequent neopet forums a loong time ago. I think 4 people from his group have already been on the show and one of them made it to the finals last year.
    Are you serious? wtf. One guy from Dragon House Cyrus made it all the way to finals last year. This year, some guy named Blueprint is in Top 20. Dude, thats crazy.
    @(you need an account to see links)

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    Gah! I used to love that show. I actually got to see them perform live for free (from really great seats!) because of family connections; it was the season that Jeanine won. :'D
    Oh I loved her! I'm going to the live show for free this Tuesday! (:

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    I LOVE it too! I haven't been watching the recent season though. It isn't broadcast regularly in my country, so I just tend to wait and then watch it all online.
    I absolutely love it though, it's one of my favourite programs! It is one of the primary reasons I picked up dancing again.
    Same, SYTYCD was my inspiration too. (': @(you need an account to see links)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    Are you serious? wtf. One guy from Dragon House Cyrus made it all the way to finals last year. This year, some guy named Blueprint is in Top 20. Dude, thats crazy.
    Yeah I've always known him from the forum we both were on. He stopped going on neo back in 2005 or around that time, but I've always had him on facebook. He used to just post videos of himself and his friends dancing and I always used to watch. But when I saw them on SYTYCD, it was crazy. xD He posted a video on his timeline today, he uploaded it a week ago. Check it out & his other videos:

(you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

7. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Whispers (06-22-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Yeah I've always known him from the forum we both were on. He stopped going on neo back in 2005 or around that time, but I've always had him on facebook. He used to just post videos of himself and his friends dancing and I always used to watch. But when I saw them on SYTYCD, it was crazy. xD He posted a video on his timeline today, he uploaded it a week ago. Check it out & his other videos:
    Yeah, their crew is really good and out there now. SYTYCD gave them the attention they need. I still find it crazy you know them, and that that used Neo. hah. Small world.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I adore SYTYCD! I haven't been watching the current season, but I was in dance for almost 10 years, and it was one of my favorite shows. I actually got to meet a bunch of people/choreographers through dance conventions, such as...

Twitch (the dark skinned guy in the video)

Tara Jean Popowich, she actually won back in 2009.

Mark Kanemura... who was one of Lady Gaga's back-up dancers nbd

Vincent Desjardins, his lyrical and ballroom is incredible

And a ton more, these are just the main ones that stick out to me. If you really like SYTYCD, definitely watch the videos I posted underneath each dancer's name. Well worth it

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links) that is so cool and thank you for sharing the video

@(you need an account to see links) I love that you put the Alex & Twitch video up (though for some reason it says embedding disabled by request?), seriously I think, that was one of my favourite moments ever! I've shown that video to my friends and family; they do think it's great and funny at the same time, but they can't quite appreciate it as much as I can, I mean the absolutely mind-blowing thing about that performance is that Alex is a CLASSICALLY trained ballet dancer, not contemporary or jazz, but classic! That's why that performance is just amazing (that and the fact that Twitch is always amazing)!

I haven't seen much of SYTYCD Canada, but Tara Jean Popowich and Vincent Desjardins are convincing me that I should hehe! And Mark is obviously amazing!

I would post some of my own favourites, but I am not quite sure how you do that and put them in spoilers, so...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) - Twitch and Alex's hiphop routine had to be my all time favorite hiphop routine. My favorite girl out of all seasons had to be Jordan Casanova, I loved her confidence and technique.