DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    Sadly no matter what they would have done regarding upping security, it would have ended up pulling the rug out from people who have more than the "allowed" number of accounts. It is one of the risks people take by playing illegitimately, but I hope maybe it's a good lesson or wake-up call in being a tiny bit more vigilant about record keeping for both sides of the legitimacy coin.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    31d 5h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Ugh welp now I'm actually starting to get the pushback and they asked for a picture of my fucking ID. Nope. I wouldn't trust you my ID regardless of the legitimacy of the account, that's insane.
    I always thought this was ridiculous. It's Neopets, how on Earth is it up to par with government requirements? Like what else? A birth certificate? An ultrasound of me before I was born?

Like just install better security on your site so such extreme measures can stay absolutely idiotic for a virtual pet site.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valia For This Useful Post:

Autobot (08-08-2022),dustyc (08-09-2022),galaxystar (08-09-2022),Ice (08-08-2022),Jackalope (08-08-2022),Sakuras (08-08-2022),valora (08-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 17h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Ugh welp now I'm actually starting to get the pushback and they asked for a picture of my fucking ID. Nope. I wouldn't trust you my ID regardless of the legitimacy of the account, that's insane.
    How does this even prove anything? You could have made the account with a pseudonym anyway.

I do remember a user who is elderly and kept saying she forgot her password or similar. Support gave her the account back after she showed her ID saying she was in her 70's

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Fiore (08-08-2022),Jackalope (08-08-2022),Sakuras (08-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    How does this even prove anything? You could have made the account with a pseudonym anyway.

I do remember a user who is elderly and kept saying she forgot her password or similar. Support gave her the account back after she showed her ID saying she was in her 70's
    it proves literally nothing and is dumb af I'm so sick of how stupid this whole process is over some digital pets with swiss cheese security measures I'll probably just wait and try again later but idk

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    422 times
    Time Online
    86d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    it proves literally nothing and is dumb af I'm so sick of how stupid this whole process is over some digital pets with swiss cheese security measures I'll probably just wait and try again later but idk
    I'll try what @(you need an account to see links) suggested about the ID to avoid give your info especially after all the security measures, and for you to feel better. This request is stupid like literally ID doesn't prove anything because naming your acc as your real name is sth almost no one does for an online game (with breaches...).

We all lied TNT, we were kids.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (08-08-2022),Zapdos (08-09-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    127d 3h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    I've still managed to eke through without any issues so far though I still have a bunch of shells that I assume will be lost once I do try to get into them. So much for mass voting for cKers in the BC if so :/

Just curious if anyone has a guess, how badly has this affected Neo site traffic? I haven't been on much but I wonder how many regular Neoboard posters are currently locked out of the site from all this.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 7h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    The ticket board doesn't seem to last a week. Despite TNT stating that it isn't necessary to post your ticket number

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    422 times
    Time Online
    86d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I think is kinda regular, sure many ppl lost their accounts but Alice is handing back many too. Bad side is that some accs are being taken by other ppl that are not the owners.

And some others quitting over all this, not very different I believe.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'll try what @(you need an account to see links) suggested about the ID to avoid give your info especially after all the security measures, and for you to feel better. This request is stupid like literally ID doesn't prove anything because naming your acc as your real name is sth almost no one does for an online game (with breaches...).

We all lied TNT, we were kids.
    I honestly wouldn't know how to manage photoshopping an ID to match the account. I'm hoping I can find another option.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    The ID thing is incredibly confusing, especially since TNT claims they don't store your payment information. If they did, I could understand why that could potentially be a valid form of verification, but they don't, so...?

The only thing I can think of is they're using the potential of needing an ID to verify as a deterrent. Maybe they think people are less likely to try and jack an account from another player if they're asked for their ID? And that someone who really really wants their account back will submit it as proof no matter what.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-09-2022),Jackalope (08-08-2022)