5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    15h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Do you have a tattoo?

Hello all! I've been thinking of getting myself a tattoo. It's going to be a dragon coiled around a 20 faced die (Roleplaying games FTW) on my right calf. And since I'm getting really anxious over it I've been hearing experiencies from friends and family about them. So... Do you have a tattoo? Would you show it to me? What would you say about your experience getting inked? Thank you all guys!
    Last edited by nahtrex; 01-29-2016 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Me personally I don't have a tattoo, mainly because I haven't ever really thought of anything that I want to get tattoo'd on me. If I ever got one it would be somewhere that gets hidden by my clothes and isn't visible all the time.

My girlfriend though has three tattoos, all fairly small; one at the back of her neck, one on the side of her rib cage and the last on top of her foot. The one on her neck didn't hurt her at all while the one on top of her foot nearly made her cry lol. I guess it depends on your pain threshold, and the area you're getting your tattoo on.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

nahtrex (01-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    51d 10h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    omg a d20?! I use one of those to make unhealthy daily decisions. Dungeons and Dragons ftw! #TeamAnsalon #TeamKrynn (I don't usually use hashtags, this is special)
    I have one tattoo but it's really small on the back of my neck. I have a high pain tolerance so I barely felt a thing and it only took him fifteen minutes.
    If it wasn't for my career I'd go back and get more, it's addicting.

/roll 1d10 = 10 would get again

Let us know what you get or when you are getting one, we'll cheer you on!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyric For This Useful Post:

nahtrex (01-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    260 times
    Time Online
    51d 17h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I just have the word Patience down my right forearm. My brother though.... tatted the fuck up xD Legs, neg, chest, ribs.

I love tats and tbh they arent as bad as you would think (pain wise). I sitting there texting with my left while getting tat on the right. Didnt really phase me. But I have heard of NUMEROUS people not eating before, getting worked up and passing out lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Savant For This Useful Post:

nahtrex (01-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    15h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
    Me personally I don't have a tattoo, mainly because I haven't ever really thought of anything that I want to get tattoo'd on me. If I ever got one it would be somewhere that gets hidden by my clothes and isn't visible all the time.

My girlfriend though has three tattoos, all fairly small; one at the back of her neck, one on the side of her rib cage and the last on top of her foot. The one on her neck didn't hurt her at all while the one on top of her foot nearly made her cry lol. I guess it depends on your pain threshold, and the area you're getting your tattoo on.
    Owww... I've also heard that it depends on how close to the bone is the skin that you are getting inked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyric View Post
    omg a d20?! I use one of those to make unhealthy daily decisions. Dungeons and Dragons ftw! #TeamAnsalon #TeamKrynn (I don't usually use hashtags, this is special)
    I have one tattoo but it's really small on the back of my neck. I have a high pain tolerance so I barely felt a thing and it only took him fifteen minutes.
    If it wasn't for my career I'd go back and get more, it's addicting.

/roll 1d10 = 10 would get again

Let us know what you get or when you are getting one, we'll cheer you on!
    I bring a d20 with me at all times just for that reason.

BTW this is an aproximate of what I want to get done, I'll have the artist have his own take on it.

(you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    The old tattoo thread is about 10 days into being gravedigging, so good call on the new thread. Bring awareness to the newer members.

A couple of years ago I got a Vulpix tattoo. I'd gotten out of a bad relationship and realised that I'd loved Pokemon consistently for like 15 years, more than almost anything or anyone else, and I wanted to celebrate that.

Of course, now that I'm naming my daughter Eevee, I will need to get one for her, lest she be confused by Mummy's Vulpix.

I don't have a very high threshold for pain, so for me I really needed to find something to focus my mind on during the process. I brought along my ipad and read a book. It hurt like hell, and recovery sucks, but I don't regret my little buddy. I think it's awesome that you want to embrace your nerdiness with yours.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Aska (01-30-2016),Lyric (01-29-2016),nahtrex (01-29-2016),ninjabear (03-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    15h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
    The old tattoo thread is about 10 days into being gravedigging, so good call on the new thread. Bring awareness to the newer members.

A couple of years ago I got a Vulpix tattoo. I'd gotten out of a bad relationship and realised that I'd loved Pokemon consistently for like 15 years, more than almost anything or anyone else, and I wanted to celebrate that.

Of course, now that I'm naming my daughter Eevee, I will need to get one for her, lest she be confused by Mummy's Vulpix.

I don't have a very high threshold for pain, so for me I really needed to find something to focus my mind on during the process. I brought along my ipad and read a book. It hurt like hell, and recovery sucks, but I don't regret my little buddy. I think it's awesome that you want to embrace your nerdiness with yours.
    Wow, I totally love it. I'm sure a pokemon tattoo would be my next one if I get to it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    472 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I have six tattoos!
    Last edited by Umbreon; 02-12-2016 at 11:52 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Umbreon For This Useful Post:

nahtrex (01-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    15h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon View Post
    I have six tattoos!

I have a bow on the top of each of my feet.
    I have a huge octopus tattoo on my stomach/ribs/side,(this is actually covering up my first tattoo - really bad experience ROFL).
    I have two bat silhouettes on the other side of my stomach, which are also eventually going to get covered up, as well.
    I have the outline of a swallow (bird) on my right shoulder.
    Andd my most recent one - I got a matching semi-colon tattoo with my mom, which is on the back center of my neck, where my spine starts.

UMM, most of my tattoos weren't done professionally, hence why they're mostly getting covered up. My octopus and the semi-colon were done professionally.
    Most of them are also my own artwork, which was a super huge mistake to get something tattooed on your that angsty, inexperienced 15 or 16-year old you drew haha. But I kinda like it, because eventually I'll get more of my artwork tattooed on me, and it will be like a sort of progression story on my body.

I was a little off-put by tattoos for a while, because I kept letting people practice on me. My brother-in-law did my bows on my feet & swallow on my back. My ex boyfriend did the bats. And a different ex bf's friend did butterflies on my stomach, which got covered up by the octopus. Though you can still very clearly see them once I point them out, which disappointed me a lot. I never went back and got my octopus tattoo finished, because I was disappointed about how he handled covering up the butterflies and how they are still very clearly visible, but one day I'll get it fixed and then cover up the rest - the bows, the bats, and probably the swallow on my back - and then continue to cover myself up. I have lots of ideas and lots of room left. It's mostly just a matter of saving up money and finding artists that I trust at this point.

One of the guys that was on the show Ink Master - Craig Foster - lives in the city I've lived in my whole life, and he's a super great artist, but he's become super expensive since he was on TV a few times. I think I'll just save up and stick with him. He did mine and my mom's semi-colon tattoos!
    Wow, that's quite a lot to me xD My greatest fear is not liking it after getting it done so I've been looking through a lot of artists. I think I don't mind saving more money in order to get it to make me proud, after all it'll be with me for a long long time xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    No but I want to. It is hard coming up with something that I do not mind having when I am 80+. I am not into games or movies enough. I do not like cliche things like tramp stamps or dolphins/butterfly on the foot. But I want something. I think it will just hit me one day of what I want so I am just waiting for that lol.

One thing I would want though is my child's name on my heart. I suppose that is cliche but at least it would mean something. No kid yet though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

nahtrex (01-30-2016)