Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes being an adult sucks....

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Sometimes being an adult sucks....

Today, I found out that I am being taken back to court because my daughters father thinks he is paying to much for child support. I once again have to prove my income and take a day of being uncomfortable for money I am not even getting. He had a job for 2 months and already quit. He wants nothing to do with her and she is 15 months old this month. The last time he saw her he showed up at 3 in the morning the day we were to be released from the hospital. The crazy part is though, I offered to pay for everything if he wanted to sign his rights over to not go through all this, and he doesn't want to. I haven't talked to him since he was at the hospital minus our first court hearing but I just want to scream at him. He already has another girl pregnant and due in December, if you couldn't afford the two kids you have, what makes you think you need more!? I do not get to go to the daycare and tell them that I can't afford the payment this month because it is too high. To top it all off, I just had to overdraw my account (probably twice) just to buy groceries! Apparently $60 a month just is too much.

This is just me ranting because I have no one to talk to, so I am going to clarify a little something before someone makes the comment about me sleeping around to make me even madder. I had an IUD in when I got pregnant, it was not supposed to happen as much as I love my daughter. Also, people change.

His loss though!
    Look at this beauty :*
    (you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by googleport; 11-02-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by googleport View Post
    Today, I found out that I am being taken back to court because my daughters father thinks he is paying to much for child support. I once again have to prove my income and take a day of being uncomfortable for money I am not even getting. He had a job for 2 months and already quit. He wants nothing to do with her and she is 15 months old this month. The last time he saw her he showed up at 3 in the morning the day we were to be released from the hospital. The crazy part is though, I offered to pay for everything if he wanted to sign his rights over to not go through all this, and he doesn't want to. I haven't talked to him since he was at the hospital minus our first court hearing but I just want to scream at him. He already has another girl pregnant and due in December, if you couldn't afford the two kids you have, what makes you think you need more!? I do not get to go to the daycare and tell them that I can't afford the payment this month because it is too high. To top it all off, I just had to overdraw my account (probably twice) just to buy groceries! Apparently $60 a month just is too much.

This is just me ranting because I have no one to talk to, so I am going to clarify a little something before someone makes the comment about me sleeping around to make me even madder. I had an IUD in when I got pregnant, it was not supposed to happen as much as I love my daughter. Also, people change.

I really, really don't get guys like this.

Anyways, I'm sorry you have to go through all this. I wholeheartedly agree with you that being an adult sucks, but I hope things will go better for you (and your daughter) soon.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Hope your situation gets better sucks he is a asshole like this and has another kid coming as well....

$60 a month? And he can't afford that? Wtf

If I got a girl pregnant I'd want to be with her and the kid just isn't right to abandon that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    You can talk to me anytime. My girlfriend is going through the same thing. Her kids father has only met her daughters once and didn't care to even contact her for 2 years until he found out we were dating. He then took her to court for full custody (lol yeah right) while he didn't have a job on the radar (he did cash jobs tax free) so he had a public defender and didn't have to pay for anything. She had to shell out 3 grand just for the retainer on a lawyer plus the other court costs. Then, they came to an agreement that he would see them for 2 hours a week at a supervised parenting center. Then a week later he tells her that wont work for him because he goes out of town for weeks at a time for work (to which he doesn't pay his child support and is at least 15,000 behind just for Lilly). He's a grade A piece of shit.

And he had the nerve to call me all sorts of names because I'm "playing daddy" with his kids.

Well someone has to.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-02-2015),Charlie (11-02-2015),DJ Music Man (11-02-2015),Naked Gamer (11-02-2015),Snow (11-02-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    You can talk to me anytime. My girlfriend is going through the same thing. Her kids father has only met her daughters once and didn't care to even contact her for 2 years until he found out we were dating. He then took her to court for full custody (lol yeah right) while he didn't have a job on the radar (he did cash jobs tax free) so he had a public defender and didn't have to pay for anything. She had to shell out 3 grand just for the retainer on a lawyer plus the other court costs. Then, they came to an agreement that he would see them for 2 hours a week at a supervised parenting center. Then a week later he tells her that wont work for him because he goes out of town for weeks at a time for work (to which he doesn't pay his child support and is at least 15,000 behind just for Lilly). He's a grade A piece of shit.

And he had the nerve to call me all sorts of names because I'm "playing daddy" with his kids.

Well someone has to.

Wow, I haven't even looked into lawyers yet as he doesn't want anything to do with her.
    I am sorry to hear that you are going through that and applaud you for taking care of the kiddos (it takes a strong man to do so).
    Shouldn't he go to jail soon being that far behind :o?

Right, I know thats what he is going to try to do though, wait until the hard parts (teething, potty training and $$ for diapers, formula, sleepless nights) are over and then walk in like he is dad of the year or something. Good luck with that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by googleport View Post
    Wow, I haven't even looked into lawyers yet as he doesn't want anything to do with her.
    I am sorry to hear that you are going through that and applaud you for taking care of the kiddos (it takes a strong man to do so).
    Shouldn't he go to jail soon being that far behind :o?

Right, I know thats what he is going to try to do though, wait until the hard parts (teething, potty training and $$ for diapers, formula, sleepless nights) are over and then walk in like he is dad of the year or something. Good luck with that.
    The sad part is, Kasey even tells him all the time she's willing to meet up with him to see them if he wants to. He makes plans with them and then backs out. He just straight up doesn't care about the kids at all, he's mad that I'm going to be their father figure. He should be going to jail, I have no idea how he hasn't already.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) very cute baby you got there

Strong mommy I hope everything works out for you and goes your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Ahh what a cutie

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    You have such an adorable little girl! I'm so sorry that your daughter's father is acting that way. Venting can be very good, so let it all out! We're all here for you whenever you need it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Thanks @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links)

I don't understand why I (or your girl) have to prove the world to show how we take care of our kids, but they do not have to prove why they refuse to get a paying job? That whole system is messed up though.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Thanks @(you need an account to see links)

I tried venting once at work about this and was told that I should watch what I let in, so I just quit talking about it. && between two kids and work, I do not have time for friends irl :/