Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

New Editorial is out!

(you need an account to see links)

Scrappy gave herself a spotlight and used the word "anyways". According to (you need an account to see links) "it�s wrong like you wouldn�t want to use it in a job application or a school essay." Probably wouldn't want to use it when you are the editor of an online newspaper either...

Can I take her job, please? I'm not perfect but I know I can do better.

Also, to bring this up:

Hi, there! I noticed there is a lot of blank ocean on the Map of Neopia. Any chance of any new worlds being discovered? ;-) ;-) *Nudge* *Nudge* ~sparks_and_roses
    You know, I was sailing throughout the oceans the other day and when I looked out on the horizon I could've sworn I saw a glimmer of some sort...who knows where that will lead!
    Do you think Scrappy is just teasing us or do you think that since a new land has constantly been referenced in recent editorials that this is a hint and will have something to do with the Battledome plot coming up?
    I sell articles, stories, poems, and more for your avatar and trophy needs!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blovey For This Useful Post:

Corliss (06-03-2017),Heretic (06-02-2017),kat. (06-02-2017),Pachirisu (06-02-2017),Raposa (06-02-2017),Sakuras (06-03-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    48d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Personally Scrappy seems generally interested in being the editor. I understand sometimes she is lacking in being professional when she writes. But maybe she wants to make the NT a little more enjoyable to read? I'd rather have someone sound exciting in their writing than someone who is boring.

And I feel like Scrappy is hinting something to do with the BD plot. They do seem to be working on something important, because they don't seem to be doing much with the site otherwise haha.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Floud For This Useful Post:

Corliss (06-03-2017),iAaron (06-03-2017),k80 (06-02-2017),kittyray (06-02-2017),Raposa (06-02-2017),Raylu (06-02-2017),Sakuras (06-03-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmillanalyssac View Post
    Personally Scrappy seems generally interested in being the editor. I understand sometimes she is lacking in being professional when she writes. But maybe she wants to make the NT a little more enjoyable to read? I'd rather have someone sound exciting in their writing than someone who is boring.

And I feel like Scrappy is hinting something to do with the BD plot. They do seem to be working on something important, because they don't seem to be doing much with the site otherwise haha.
    I definitely appreciate the enthusiasm, but I feel like she hasn't researched the past beyond what Country Queen has shown her. Like, I want her to cut the BS and answer the real questions people submit to the editorial. Some weeks she nails it, others it is 5 questions where people just give her cookies. I will say, she has been publishing more content but I don't know if that has to do with her or just a higher volume of submissions coming in due to the AC and summer repopulating the site.
    I sell articles, stories, poems, and more for your avatar and trophy needs!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blovey For This Useful Post:

Raposa (06-02-2017),resJUN (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I feel that's just a tease of her, I deeply doubt any new worlds will appear soon... also, it's a common thing both her and CQ did often, to say something might be coming soon but never give clues and in the end years go by and nothing happens

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Blovey (06-02-2017),resJUN (06-03-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    34d 1h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    She is basically answering the same questions from previous weeks.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5945 For This Useful Post:

Blovey (06-02-2017),resJUN (06-03-2017)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Everytime I read her answers I feel like she is fangirling over neopets

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

♥ Decepticon ♥ (06-02-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    "Playing two games at once could lead to you being frozen and I would hate to see that happen."

This site is the biggest excuse for a Tyranny I've ever seen. I can't think of ONE other game I've played (and I've played a lot of games) where EVERY. SINGLE. THING. you do is against the rules.

They want to eliminate auto-buyers? Implement tougher CAPTCHAS
    They want to eliminate score-sending? LESS NEOPOINTS FOR PLAYING GAMES (nobody spends 4 hours a day playing snake for 50k Neopoints anyways, at least not anymore).

What's wrong with these people? They have serious complex with letting anyone enjoy the site whatsoever. Let people play the damn game, even if they want to drop $500 bucks on Neopoints from a 3rd party site. WHO CARES

/end rant

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ItsPeteBrah For This Useful Post:

♥ Decepticon ♥ (06-02-2017),LackofColor (06-02-2017),resJUN (06-03-2017),Sakuras (06-03-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsPeteBrah View Post
    "Playing two games at once could lead to you being frozen and I would hate to see that happen."

This site is the biggest excuse for a Tyranny I've ever seen. I can't think of ONE other game I've played (and I've played a lot of games) where EVERY. SINGLE. THING. you do is against the rules.

They want to eliminate auto-buyers? Implement tougher CAPTCHAS
    They want to eliminate score-sending? LESS NEOPOINTS FOR PLAYING GAMES (nobody spends 4 hours a day playing snake for 50k Neopoints anyways, at least not anymore).

What's wrong with these people? They have serious complex with letting anyone enjoy the site whatsoever. Let people play the damn game, even if they want to drop $500 bucks on Neopoints from a 3rd party site. WHO CARES

/end rant
    I have ALWAYS thought this. Or like how Blizz made a way that you could buy items with real money and sell them in game for gold, why not do something like that with NP? Like maybe a month of premium subscription that you can buy with real money and sell to make NP. Or how people would buy characters and accounts on WoW, they made it so you could buy a level boost. Maybe make it so you can buy a box that has a random PB or MP or something. That might kill the economy, though. I guess their situation is a little more delicate. But either way might make people less inclined. Or even sell for real money some kinda UC creating item for people that prefer original artwork since it's technically a customization deal. They could make money and control the market instead of being furious with 3rd party sites doing it. Sell for real money something that can provide a stat boost, one time use. Make a NC market where people can list NC items for NC if they don't want them anymore and don't want the hassle of trading. There's so many ways they could tackle this whole thing and make more money for them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    If Neopets just sold Neopoints themselves back when NP were like $10-15/mill they would have been making easily $250k-$500k per DAY. They would just need think of more NP sinks and with that money they could hire content writers/designers/etc to the max. They are idiots.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ItsPeteBrah For This Useful Post:

LackofColor (06-02-2017)