Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Purchasing on neopets~

I've read the newbie guides, and the trade guides, but I wanted some clarification I have not yet found looking through the forum. (I searched, but there's a LOT to go through)

Say I wanted to buy neopoints, or a neopoint item - like 20mil, a draik morphing potion, etc. What is the SAFEST way to do this? I do not want to lose my accounts. Direct transfer/trade with any account that sells nps frequently could risk my account, couldn't it? Suddenly being given anything of high value could also be risky. Is there a way around this?

I love my accounts, I just hate the idea of losing them. The only problem is I lack the time to make nps myself.

Is it more just a risk I'd have to be willing to take?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    If you manage things right, then your accounts shouldn't be on risk
    (but of course, is still cheating and all transaction of this type could potencially put danger to your accounts, but there are ways to make things more safe and less suspicious on TNT's eyes)

There are several different ways to "secure" bought items or neopoints, some people like to get them on shells and let them sit there for a while, and then transfer neopoints by an auction, for example. I would suggest you to don't directly get them all at once, have different accounts for the porpouse and a different IP while entering them than the IP you currently use for your main or main permanent accounts.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you for the information.

I'll decide about what I'm going to do, trade wise. I might not purchase anything, but one day I might feel it's worth the risk.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    When I bought items, what I did was send it to a shell, let it sit for a few days, then transferred it to my main via trade (offer up a codestone or some stupid item). I advise you to not buy pure, but buy items that equal the amount of pure you want. The staff is much less likely to notice it if an item or two passes by as opposed to transferring significant amounts of pure... at least in my experience.
    (Years later, the Krawk I morphed with said item still exists, so I clearly didn't get caught)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    When buying items you want to secure them on a shell unless the selling is really good just to make sure though for about month or two. TNT I'm certain can trace your search data and trade data back to 6 months but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    A month or two is if you're particularly cautious; a few weeks is enough to wait to transfer, selling is another issue.
    After a month or two they really stop caring what you do... unless your seller gets caught, but chances of that are low if you choose the right sort.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links), I used to be very paranoid too.. Still am, but I have purchased stuff several times without any problems

If you want to be really safe and don't want to wait a long time for the np and items to secure either, here's the safest and quickest method that a great seller taught me. I don't always use this method though. I get lazy and get np transferred directly to my main now (only 5-10mil at a time), but I admit that makes me fidgety for quite a few days.

Anyway, here's the better/safe method,
    - use a safe shell account / create your own (using a proxy) (I like this proxy guide: (you need an account to see links)!)
    - then you create multiple trading lots (account needs to be 24hours old I guess)
    - your seller bids a random amount of np amounting to less than 700k on each lot (e.g. 694038np, 580383np) Most guides say 700k< is safe.
    - you accept the np and leave the np as such for ~3days
    - if your shell does not get frozen by the end of this time, buy ETS from TP/Auctions (TP is best because not many people notice your shelly account that way)
    - use the shop sniping method to get the items transferred to your main. (Shop sniping is that you put each item in your shell's shop, one at a time, for 1np. And from a different browser, where you're logged into your main, with the shell's shop open and ready, you grab the item. It's better to press enter on the address bar to reload the shop instead of pressing F5 or the refresh button, because it loads faster this way)

If you use the above method, it would be best if you buy HT items (like baby/royal pb) because shop wiz snipers aren't actively searching for these items I guess)

P.S I'm writing this post for the second time, because when I tried posting it the first time, it told me I wasn't logged in and well.. silly me for not saving it on Ctrl+C! -_- lol.
    Last edited by alien; 05-18-2014 at 10:05 AM.

successful trades: 15/15
    spent so far: $186
    made so far: $185
    thanks everyone! <3
    trying to break even before starting over

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) - Thank you so much for that information! I might try that at some point.

Have you ever had any of your nps/ items frozen, on the shell?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    No - never got frozen. But I only used that method twice, when I first started buying NP. ^_^

(Then I became more adventurous.)

successful trades: 15/15
    spent so far: $186
    made so far: $185
    thanks everyone! <3
    trying to break even before starting over

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    with buying anything or cheating in any way, there's always a risk. the higher the risk, the more likely you are to get caught, but it's possible that you do something really high-risk and get away with it. it's your choice how careful you want to be i guess. you can try transferring smaller amounts of neopoints over a longer period of time and through various methods. here's some suggestions ^_^
    shop wizard sniping ~ put a bought ets item (worth millions or whatever you're looking for) in the shop of a shell and "snipe" it with your main. you can make it look more realistic by searching for that item once in a while on the shop wizard before actually finding it for 1np or however much you put it in for.
    trading post - maybe put an item that there aren't multiples of on the tp so it's hard to compare prices, and throw in a random price, say 20m. you can exchange neomails with a shell on a different proxy, asking if you'd accept 2 gbombs or something (haggling for it) then offer on the item and sell the gbombs for neopoints on your own account. this can probably easily be done with a hts item that doesn't show up much on the tp.
    guild till - i've heard of people using their guild tills as sources of income, ie. running a guild and having overpriced junk in your shop which guild members buy to donate to the guild, and you can buy from shells as well as there is continuous income anyway ~ you would probably need a large and active guild for this.
    gift option - you can just gift an ets item, maybe make a wishlist and neomail from a shell with the item pretending they say your wishlist and wanted to give it to you.
    there's lots of precautions you can take. there's no guarantee anything is safe, but the likelihood of getting frozen for buying once is also low. if you continuously buy neopoints and there's no history of restocking/reselling/habi/legit neopoint making on your account, it'll raise a red flag. if you want to buy once, go for it, you'll probably be safe.