Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hi, i want to make more friends!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    15d 5h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Hi Melissa!!
    Ahhhh, what made you decide to study medicine?
    I was a biochemistry major, and a lot of my friends ended up heading to medical school. I'm one of the few that went a different direction. xD
    What kind of medicine are you interested in?

You sound like my best friend. I swear, there's not a single BuzzFeed article she hasn't seen, LOL, and she watched Food Network religiously. xD

I definitely need to head to a convention at some point and get a feel for it. I've never been, I think it's just the fun of designing and planning costumes that appeals to me at the moment.
    There's actually a big convention this weekend in my city.
    I was considering checking it out with a co-worker, but she dressed up as the girl from lollipop chainsaw and I think she's wearing the same amount of fabric that they use to make those tiny dish towels that nobody buys because it's not even enough fabric to successfully dry dishes... and I didn't really want to hang out with her all weekend while she spilled out of her costume like that, soooo I decided against it. xD
    Hmm well for awhile I was pre-med because it was the easiest track for me to pick but I've really come to appreciate medicine and all the hard work doctors have to go through to help others! Ooh, do you work in industry? :o That's always been my plan B in case I don't get into med school. (y) The two are kind of unrelated, but I either want to become an oncologist or dermatologist. xD

Hahaha Chopped and Next Food Network Star are literally my lifeeeee.

Oh hmmm that sounds like it would be uncomfortable. You should definitely go if you have time and don't mind walking around alone! I like the feel of a con because everyone gets into it and there aren't too many haters that make fun of someone for dressing up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    10d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Hope it's okay if I just jump in.

Hi! My name's Sophie. I'm working on this big theatre production (that i just found out was featured on the news like last night) and opening night's in a couple days, I'm super excited C:

Hi guys!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Hello! My name is... Moon... (For the sake of my legit main's account, can't give out my real name) and I'm 19 years old!
    I love to play games, but unfortunately I'm always procrastinating so I have a huge backlog of games on Steam I want to play. ;_;
    I love being creative, so I enjoy drawing, painting, photography and making graphics etc. etc.

I've always been pretty passionate about science, specifically environmental science, but decided against studying it as a degree. I'm currently taking a break from university and bumming around for the most part. Trying to look for a job in the meantime, since I hate spending my whole day doing nothing. Been a busy and hectic year, got a lot of things I need to work on e.g. learning how to spend money properly *cough*neopets*cough* and the like...

I'm an INFP/INFJ if you're interested in Myer Briggs, I find that I mostly get along with others who are in the NF group but a lot of my friends are extroverted, which in turn makes me extroverted around them. Idk, I like reading about psychology but I don't know much about it.

I have 3 guinea pigs that live in my room right now. Bought 2 of them at a pet store, 2 months later and I found tiny little one running around the cage when I went home. Love them all to bits!

Not sure what else to say lol. I never made an introduction thread so yeah... NICE TO MEET YOU ALL.

[/FONT]

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Hi.

I'm Diana, a nurse at my local hospital, so I treat crazies every day no but really they are crazy
    When I was a kid I really wanted to be a voice actor, you know, for like an anime/tv show, or a game, etc etc. I still do, but I've since accepted that that's not gonna happen. I still enjoy cosplaying and will be going to PAX in a few weeks! My Hextech Janna outfit is ready!

Mostly I'm an introvert and spend my (free) time holed up in my room doing... stuff. IDK, Neopats, games, anime. I have some form of social anxiety for sure, but working as a nurse, and especially with kids at the hospital, helps. I'm not so shy around strangers anymore, but I could be better. I'm also on a diet, and trying this new gluten free fab. It sucks.
    Last edited by Frostcrown; 08-02-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Hi @(you need an account to see links) ! <3

I'm 19 years old and I'm entering university next september in Psychology.
    I own two cats, Kyo and Haru.
    I'm an otaku. I'm way more addicted to manga and anime than I'd like to admit (to the point where I often cancel plans to watch anime all day).
    I'm a pretty shy and socially awkward person in real life.
    However, I'm really generous and too nice for my own good.
    My dream job is to be a neuropsychologist.
    My favorite season is spring and my favorite meal is spaghetti.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    ey there it me

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    gotta love artery clogging pizza!
    just one year left and i'll be a corporate law attorney .
    you assumed correctly, hehe.
    i play as a nine in rugby, and like it because when I was little I went to a British school in Chile were we played a looooot of rugby..
    i play as a number 1 in polo, and like it because i ride horses since i was 3 years old (obviously my good ol' dad was there helping me) and then i kind of taught myself how to play on my own by watching my dad, he is a polo player and we went every sunday and i'd watch him play gotta love memories!
    i got Nala when she was a puppy, she has grown with me and has basically become a part of my life, she is really, loyal, and i love her. i usually take her out for a walk in the dunes near my house
    I haaaaaaate clogging my artery parties, LOL.
    I did it for like 22 years and now I just never want to go back, oopsiesss.
    Except pizza every now and then is perfection.
    LOL okay so I don't know anything about rugby or polo, so I just went to look up the positions, and nine in rugby is called a SCRUM HALF?! You play a SCRUM HALF?! Hahahah, at least you're not a hooker.
    That's so awesome, though.
    I've literally never seen a game of either rugby or polo, but I'll have to check them out.
    My family used to have horses when we lived out in the country, and I miss them a lot sometimes.
    They were so much fun to ride, but we never did much training with them to make them capable of polo or any sort of competition. Just for pleasure.

I love seeing the bond between people and their pets, especially when they get them from the time they're little until they're grown!
    We used to have two black labs in addition to Thanre, and we bred them because they had registered champion bloodlines, so I think... 67 puppies total? We got to raise until they were 6 weeks old and ready for new homes. Sooooooooo cute, ahhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    Hey, don't sell yourself short, you are a treasured acquaintance. If I were drunk I might even call you a cool bean.
    I better be a treasured acquaintance.
    But please don't ever call me a cool bean, drunk or sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoban View Post
    Hmm well for awhile I was pre-med because it was the easiest track for me to pick but I've really come to appreciate medicine and all the hard work doctors have to go through to help others! Ooh, do you work in industry? :o That's always been my plan B in case I don't get into med school. (y) The two are kind of unrelated, but I either want to become an oncologist or dermatologist. xD

Hahaha Chopped and Next Food Network Star are literally my lifeeeee.

Oh hmmm that sounds like it would be uncomfortable. You should definitely go if you have time and don't mind walking around alone! I like the feel of a con because everyone gets into it and there aren't too many haters that make fun of someone for dressing up.
    I was actually pre-dental for a while in college, but then I decided against it. Then, I was looking into aquatic animal health because I looooooove manatees, and I was really passionate about possibly becoming a vet to help them out with cold stress and nurse them back to health after injury. I just think they're precious. But I ended up in forensics, LOL, and I actually really love it. I'm in training right now to be able to do a little more hands-on casework, but it's exactly everything I had hoped it would be.

That's exciting, though! I think oncology and dermatology would both be interesting, honestly. And I can see maybe how there's a little bit of relation between the two. xD I might have to go to the dermatologist soon because I thought I had these weird moles, but turns out, they're actually angiomas! So it's nice that they're not risky or anything, but they're also not cute-looking (even though I looked at pictures and maybe I'm just being picky because mine are not bad compared to some others, LOL), so I think I might just get them chopped off. My doctor has like, a laser treatment spa where they could do the two smaller ones, but she said there was a little bigger one that she might just send me to a dermatologist for because, since it's a collection of little blood vessels, I'd need it cauterized. Blah! Probably TMI LOL but oops that's my dermatologist story.

Yeah, I need to just suck it up and visit a convention, LOL, but I'd probably just walk around and not recognize a lot of characters. My game/anime/show knowledge base is really limited, so it'd be more for the experience of just going and seeing things, I think. But if I were to ever dress up, I'd want to go with someone else... otherwise, I'd feel awkward for getting in costume and then nobody coming to talk to me, LOL. Especially if I cosplayed as Jhudora?! LOL, that would be awkward. Like, "Hello... I am the only person left who still plays Neopets. Please come talk to me." Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Hope it's okay if I just jump in.

Hi! My name's Sophie. I'm working on this big theatre production (that i just found out was featured on the news like last night) and opening night's in a couple days, I'm super excited C:

Hi guys!
    Pfffft, of course it's okay if you jump in!
    Hi Sophie, it's nice to meet you.

Ooooo, what production is it?! If it's something obscure, I might not be too familiar with it anymore, LOL. It's been a few years since I've really familiarized myself with productions. That's so exciting, though! How are you working on it? Part of crew, cast?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonMoon View Post
    Hello! My name is... Moon... (For the sake of my legit main's account, can't give out my real name) and I'm 19 years old!
    I love to play games, but unfortunately I'm always procrastinating so I have a huge backlog of games on Steam I want to play. ;_;
    I love being creative, so I enjoy drawing, painting, photography and making graphics etc. etc.

I've always been pretty passionate about science, specifically environmental science, but decided against studying it as a degree. I'm currently taking a break from university and bumming around for the most part. Trying to look for a job in the meantime, since I hate spending my whole day doing nothing. Been a busy and hectic year, got a lot of things I need to work on e.g. learning how to spend money properly *cough*neopets*cough* and the like...

I'm an INFP/INFJ if you're interested in Myer Briggs, I find that I mostly get along with others who are in the NF group but a lot of my friends are extroverted, which in turn makes me extroverted around them. Idk, I like reading about psychology but I don't know much about it.

I have 3 guinea pigs that live in my room right now. Bought 2 of them at a pet store, 2 months later and I found tiny little one running around the cage when I went home. Love them all to bits!

Not sure what else to say lol. I never made an introduction thread so yeah... NICE TO MEET YOU ALL.
    Hey Moon! ^_^ That's definitely a wise decision, separating your neo-self from your cK-self. xD
    What are some of your favorite games? And what others have you downloaded on Steam that you're hoping to get to? I used to check Steam every once in a while for games...maybe I should again.
    I bet they have a lot of fun games to interest me. xD
    I'm still working my way through a couple Legend of Zelda games and Mario Galaxy, myself (but on the Wii, not on the computer LOL).
    Also, I think I still have parts of Lego Harry Potter to beat, LOL, it's actually really fun.

I envy your creativity! I love crafting and things like that, but I'm not good at planning things myself, I usually need something else to spark my desire to do something... so Pinterest is a good friend of mine, LOL. I wish I were more artistic, though! My crafting is pretty basic, and it doesn't include a lot of painting/drawing, hahah.

What are you currently studying in university? (Well, what were you studying before you decided to take a break? Hahah.) Taking breaks is definitely not a bad thing. I took a break post-graduation before I started my full-time career, and it was definitely a good choice, I think.

Oh my gooooodness, that's so cute about your guinea pigs, LOL. They had a little beee beeeeee.

As for Myers Briggs, I think I've honestly changed a bit. I used to think I was super extroverted, but now I find that I'm much more comfortable away from large crowds, and I get more energy from smaller groups of people and my personal alone time. I don't know what I am anymore, really. Have you ever taken an Enneagram personality test? We had to take it for work... it's really interesting. Instead of having the 4 types where you can swing one way or another, it's based off of 9 different types, and explains a lot about what drives you as a person, and how you can better understand people who approach things differently than you do.

It was really cool to learn more about myself in a non-traditional way; I feel like we see a lot of Myers Briggs stuff, but this was neat because it was different than the usual, y'know? I'd recommend checking it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmourn View Post
    Hi.

I'm Diana, a nurse at my local hospital, so I treat crazies every day no but really they are crazy
    When I was a kid I really wanted to be a voice actor, you know, for like an anime/tv show, or a game, etc etc. I still do, but I've since accepted that that's not gonna happen. I still enjoy cosplaying and will be going to PAX in a few weeks! My Hextech Janna outfit is ready!

Mostly I'm an introvert and spend my (free) time holed up in my room doing... stuff. IDK, Neopats, games, anime. I have some form of social anxiety for sure, but working as a nurse, and especially with kids at the hospital, helps. I'm not so shy around strangers anymore, but I could be better. I'm also on a diet, and trying this new gluten free fab. It sucks.
    Hey Diana! ^_^
    That's awesome that you're a nurse, haha, even if you do have to deal with crazies. xD Some of my sorority sisters (well, lots of them, actually) were nursing majors, and they had some of the weeeeeeirdest stories from when they'd have to go to clinicals and stuff. Sometimes they'd have to tackle patients who go out of their rooms, clean up really grossy things, etc. hahaha. You're definitely a miracle worker, you are!

It's funny that you mention voice acting because my mamma did radio work and voice acting (well, in addition to commercial acting) for a loooooooong time. I was always in the studio with her while she recorded radio spots and commercials and things. It was a lot of fun!

Ahhhh, I bet your Janna costume is awesome! You should post a picture of it at some point, I'd love to see it.

I spend a lot of my free time holed up, too, hahaha. I can survive in social situations, but it's not the most fun for me. I think I spent so much time babysitting my sorority sisters in college and being their DD that social situations just sound like a chore to me now, hahah. xD I still like to go out, but I prefer more quiet, low-key situations than huge parties or large groups of people. It's interesting how working in a specific field can really help with things, though. I used to have a lot of anxiety about calling people on the phone? I know it sounds dumb, hahaha, but now that I work in a career where I have to be in constant communication with my co-workers, attorneys, detectives, vendors, & pretty much every kind of person ever, it's helped a lot.

Hey, I'm on a diet, too! I started it a while back, and I still have cheat days (like today, oooooops), but maybe we can encourage each other. ^_^ I've never tried the gluten free stuff, but I basically just cut out all carbs/starches from my diet, so most of what I eat is lean protein, fruits, & veggies. I'm used to it now, so it's not tooooo bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    Hi @(you need an account to see links) ! <3

I'm 19 years old and I'm entering university next september in Psychology.
    I own two cats, Kyo and Haru.
    I'm an otaku. I'm way more addicted to manga and anime than I'd like to admit (to the point where I often cancel plans to watch anime all day).
    I'm a pretty shy and socially awkward person in real life.
    However, I'm really generous and too nice for my own good.
    My dream job is to be a neuropsychologist.
    My favorite season is spring and my favorite meal is spaghetti.

Hey Cath! ^_^
    Ooo, psychology, that's exciting. My roommate in college (and one of my best friends) was a psychology major, but she ended up doing school psychology... so now she pretty much works as a counselor in a high school, but she loves it and she's awesome at it. What made you interested in neuropsychology? Any particular thing?

Maybe you and @(you need an account to see links) can recommend some good anime for me to watch. I've never really been into it... ever... but I'd be willing to give it a try, I think. I might enjoy it.

I know what you mean about being too generous and nice for your own good.
    I think I'm that way, too.
    I've had a lot of situations, even on here, where I consider helping out people who have lost things or complain about getting scammed, etc., but then I start to see their true colors. I used to think I was a really good judge of character, haha, but I think spending time around here has shown me how some people (definitely not everyone, but some people) really only care about themselves and will be as sweet as pie until they don't get what they want from you.
    I'm trying to learn to be more assertive and tougher so I don't get suckered in by those kinds of people and situations, whether it's here or at work or anywhere, really.

I haven't had spaghetti in aaaaaages. xD
    Now I kinda want some, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Maths View Post
    ey there it me
    oh hi there nice to meet you wan' be frands?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    11d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    I haaaaaaate clogging my artery parties, LOL.
    I did it for like 22 years and now I just never want to go back, oopsiesss.
    Except pizza every now and then is perfection.
    LOL okay so I don't know anything about rugby or polo, so I just went to look up the positions, and nine in rugby is called a SCRUM HALF?! You play a SCRUM HALF?! Hahahah, at least you're not a hooker.
    That's so awesome, though.
    I've literally never seen a game of either rugby or polo, but I'll have to check them out.
    My family used to have horses when we lived out in the country, and I miss them a lot sometimes.
    They were so much fun to ride, but we never did much training with them to make them capable of polo or any sort of competition. Just for pleasure.

I love seeing the bond between people and their pets, especially when they get them from the time they're little until they're grown!
    We used to have two black labs in addition to Thanre, and we bred them because they had registered champion bloodlines, so I think... 67 puppies total? We got to raise until they were 6 weeks old and ready for new homes. Sooooooooo cute, ahhhh.
    Once you're in the artery clogging business, you never get out.
    i actually eat bacon really regularly.. bad habit of mine D:
    hahaha, i played a few times as a hooker when i was little, but couldn't really manage the scrum, because i wasn't big enough, so i decided to be a nine because i'm kind of fast
    i grew up with horses, which is probably why i love them, but we didn't raise them, we bought specialized horses for Polo, hehe .
    my golden is registered and is the daughter of a champion , but she was never able to have puppies due to this one time she got really sick, and her uterus had to be removed
    uuh.. if you need help w/ spanish-english & english-spanish translations, just shoot me a pm and i'll answer when I have time c:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    Can I join the coffee club because I just recently started having iced coffee regularly..tho it makes me sleepier
    no it stunts your growth
    @(you need an account to see links)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachafer For This Useful Post:

rachel (08-03-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    snip
    Just black, I need it to be productive.

Overdone or not, you can always add your own flavor to it!