27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Might've taken on too difficult of a project

So I said the person I would get it done but I think it's going to be more difficult than I thought.

So basically this person wants a huge back tattoo design, we talking about covering almost the whole back. He wants Dantes Inferno of the 9 circles of hell. I kind of see the end result before me, but I also going to have to read up on Dante as well.

I think I am able to pull it off, although a tattoo design is kind of new. :k

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    40d 14h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Just be up front about it now before you dig yourself too deep into a hole.
    "Hey there- after starting to work through this, I realized that in order to get the end result you're looking for and the detail I want to include, I'm probably going to need an additional -x amount of time-."

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawking For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (08-09-2023),hellraid (08-09-2023),Synth Salazzle (08-09-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I’d rather somebody tell me they need more time for something that elaborate - especially if it’s going to be permanently on my back. I don’t see anybody coming back and saying nahhhh I need this rushed, let’s go! That said, I’d be interested in seeing the design you come up with!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

hellraid (08-09-2023),SomethingHere (08-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I’d rather somebody tell me they need more time for something that elaborate - especially if it’s going to be permanently on my back. I don’t see anybody coming back and saying nahhhh I need this rushed, let’s go! That said, I’d be interested in seeing the design you come up with!
    I have pretty much unlimited time to finish it, so time is not an issue. I think it's just overwhelming at the time. Because as you say, it's permantently on the persons back. Thank god I am not the one who is actually doing the tattoo in the end though.

I will show the end result thanks mate!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    215d 23h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    What a massive tattoo request! 🤯 Having read it, there is a whole lot to go on. Are you going to be drawing the characters in each circle, representations of all the vices, all of the above, or something else? I’m curious what your approach will be in terms of structuring it schematically across the back. Circle, mountain, etc. I remember being surprised that Dante’s hell is frozen at the center.

There should be a lot of resources and student papers describing what you need to know @(you need an account to see links) without needing to slog through it yourself!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

hellraid (08-09-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    What a massive tattoo request! 🤯 Having read it, there is a whole lot to go on. Are you going to be drawing the characters in each circle, representations of all the vices, all of the above, or something else? I’m curious what your approach will be in terms of structuring it schematically across the back. Circle, mountain, etc. I remember being surprised that Dante’s hell is frozen at the center.

There should be a lot of resources and student papers describing what you need to know @(you need an account to see links) without needing to slog through it yourself!
    Honestly I am not quite sure, I might take a simple approach towards it. Covering the basics of each cricle without doing all the characters. I mean, I am not even sure who this person has as an tattoo artist. What I do is probably difficult to put on a human skin. So in terms on what I am doing I started with the 2nd circle and working towards the 3rd at the moment. I will probably jump back and forth between them and in the end kind of a copy and paste and fill in to make it smooth.

I am going with the "mountain" design or shall we call it iceberg maybe? I do need to gather more information because I did not even know it was frozen in the middle. Thanks that helps!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (08-09-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    This is a bit of what I have so far, I started working on the third circle as the inspiration came to me at the time. It's just a tiny bit of it. Will expand as the third circle is quite big.

(you need an account to see links)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (08-14-2023)