Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender identities / sexualities?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I think that if you use as a reason for not accepting pronouns that's is a confusing thing, and you also add to the mix that you say that "you're either born male or female" ...I automatically assume that you're just being lazy and don't want to change the basic conceptions of things that you've being thought.

I'm a straight female but I know you are not either born male or female... here's why transexuality appears, people that was born on a wrong sex of what they truly are on their inside. It's not a confusing thing if you are wise enough to accept people and listen to them for a while, it may make a big difference for them if you actually try to understand and if you throw the laziness of your "safe zone" away to allow yourself to think more freely. A few pronouns of more won't kill you, is the same as when you start calling "she" a "he" because she feels better with that identification. Is as @(you need an account to see links) said, as easy as learning a name.

If this is "pretentious" and you think that "they're trying too hard to distinguish themself" then I assume you're being a very close minded person. You don't need to experience things to understand them, either to accept them. I've being straight my whole life, but this doesn't make me think this things are bizarre, much less, I've learn a lot about this topics because I can feel the pain for the community of being on a society that doesn't understand them. Of course they distinguish themself, they need an identity, just as you and me, if they don't feel as a he or a she, who are we to say it's confusing to mix more things to the table? The times have changed, and will keep changing. You can either choose to educate yourself, or keep the almost outdated conceptions of sexuality in your mind and stay behind of the change.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

angeldust (05-09-2014),Q*bert (05-09-2014),Slybele (06-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    All of this makes me confused and makes me want to not use pronouns at all. But then again not using them sounds impersonal

They just opened that door
    Versus
    She just opened that door
    He just opened that door

The problem with not using pronouns with me personally it just sounds so rude and unfriendly. Maybe that's just me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    'They' is a pronoun - just fyi! Any word that you use in place your name is a pronoun. That's not the proper definition, but... you know c:

Sophie moved the table - not a pronoun.

She moved the table
    They moved the table
    Xe moved the table etc. - all pronouns.

If you don't want to get it wrong and use the wrong pronouns for somebody, you can always just ask them which they'd like you to use c:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinto For This Useful Post:

Q*bert (05-09-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    31d 16h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    This is confusing to me as well.
    I've only ever seen people refer to themselves as pronouns other than he/she on tumblr.
    Have any of you met someone who prefers "xhe" or something like that in real life?
    Just out of curiosity.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Not personally, but I have like two real life friends. c': Lolita said zhe uses zhe/zir, though.

Pronouns
    they / them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    19d 18h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)
    Thank you all for getting across what I was too incoherent to say. :c
    I mean, his ideals hurt and all-in-all, invalidate me. I'm not a female, so, why the Hell would I call myself a female who doesn't conform?
    It just seems to me that he wants me to mold myself to his views... which, frankly, is stupid.

@(you need an account to see links)
    I hope you read their replies and take it to heart. I'm not a female, nor will I ever be because you want me to be... and seemingly cannot stand the fact that the spectrum goes beyond male and female.
    You wouldn't call a transman a female anymore than you would call a cismale a female, I hope. At least, I pray.
    It is not difficult to learn and respect the pronouns of another person. My pronouns aren't even that difficult, imo. But you act like you don't want to learn or open your mind, which is sad. It's people like you that make it hard for people like us to make it by in the world.

We are not some fleeting fantasy or fad on tumblr. We are real.

And as a sidenote, you find a higher traffic of non-binary people on tumblr than anywhere else because the majority of it is a safe place. (Aside from the obnoxious SJW people who make it hard for actual SJWs.) A lot of areas of it are free from people who think like you do. Every single person I have met on tumblr has been completely and freely accepting of my pronouns... Hell, even an old friend back when I identified as female even respected my new (to her) pronouns, and I hadn't seen her in about ten years, give or take.

I literally cannot get this on any other site. Even Subeta, which is majorly known for it's more mature users, discarded the fact that nonbinary people may feel uncomfortable by the gendered HAs, and the descriptions of a few items that can be viewed as sexist.
    All of it was literally tossed out as tumblr SJW crap when all the users who brought it up wanted was to make Subeta a safe place.

Tumblr may have a bad rap in the rest of the Internet because of it's obnoxious SJWs, but I'd rather be there than anywhere else because I feel accepted as opposed to invalidated.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to angeldust For This Useful Post:

Lilacs (05-15-2014),Pusheen (05-09-2014),Q*bert (05-09-2014),Quinto (05-09-2014),Slybele (06-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    31d 16h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I find it so ironic that people refer to it as a safe place, when it's where I've seen the most nasty racism and sexism out of all my time on the internet.
    I also don't get the idea of a "safe" place. I mean, I get that for you it may mean that you aren't harassed because of your gender preference. And I completely understand that. But sometimes it just gets ridiculous beyond comprehension. I saw this person complaining about how people don't tag their posts as "eyes" because they have some ridiculous fear of eyeballs. I mean, really?
    I'm angry at tumblr right now and this has nothing to do with this thread idek why I'm posting it.

But yeah I mean… I don't know. I don't think it's justified to just get angry at people for not understanding what some of these gender pronouns are ( I mean, bunself? Fairy? What the fuck even is that? )
    Last edited by P h o e n i x; 05-09-2014 at 05:45 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to P h o e n i x For This Useful Post:

Banannie (05-13-2014),Maki (05-09-2014),Raj (05-09-2014),simmie (05-15-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinto View Post
    'They' is a pronoun - just fyi! Any word that you use in place your name is a pronoun. That's not the proper definition, but... you know c:

Sophie moved the table - not a pronoun.

She moved the table
    They moved the table
    Xe moved the table etc. - all pronouns.

If you don't want to get it wrong and use the wrong pronouns for somebody, you can always just ask them which they'd like you to use c:
    It sounds rude and impersonal. I don't think you realize how rude it potentially is to some people.

To call someone "they" is just rude to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

I did some searching up about this whole deal on reddit and tumblr trying to see your viewpoints since you all called me ignorant about it, and stumbled upon this:

(you need an account to see links)

OP summed up my exact views on it and that's how I feel about it. I read all the comments trying to change his view and I didn't understand it still. I've tried to understand it beyond this, so i dont see how yall accuse me of ignorance, I genuinely don't get it

Pronouns
    they / them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    19d 18h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Well, one doesn't choose what they have a phobia of.
    I GLADLY tag triggery posts on my blog (telling people to send me an ask if a trigger is not obvious to me), no matter how "ridiculous" it may seem.

I don't think of any trigger as ridiculous, because as someone who has anxiety, and knows someone who has anxiety worse than I do, I know that feeling in your gut when something is WRONG and it's hurting you and you want to get away from it.

While the trigger may not be obvious to you, and you don't understand it... you don't have to. It's not your trigger, it's not your anxiety. You just have to respect it.

And yes, I acknowledge that there is a LOT of wrong on tumblr. I've read the anti-obnoxious SJWs blogs, I've seen it pop up on my dash, and it's a terrible, awful thing. But you have to admit that there IS a lot of good popping up on it right now... like Momma Shark, Sailor Scouts for Social Justice, and other blogs. I go out of my way to avoid obnoxious SJWs, however... but that doesn't mean I don't make text posts of roaring rage when I see it pop up on my dash. XD
    But I encourage you to call out that bullshit, and if they insist on being narrow-minded... well, that's their problem, not yours. I comfort myself with the knowledge that one day, sooner or later, they'll get punched in the nose for saying the wrong thing to someone. P:

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeldust For This Useful Post:

Q*bert (05-09-2014),Slybele (06-29-2014)