Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else just NOT ok with this?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    Basically they could place a 3% tax on all shop buys or even higher really but from a economy stand point it makes complete sense to put tax systems in and also add more ways to spend NP on maybe more dailies or change some dailies to drain more NP.

I like how they where Auctioning high end stuff to take NP out but way more goes in from games, There needs to be a better balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea haha shit they should just copy rl taxes.

Do an income and sales tax.

or like a monthly tax on all pure neopoints. like a 10% monthly tax or something would be enough

Claim its for the lottery or some shit haha

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (08-21-2015),Shiver (08-21-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    What you guys are saying sound pretty contradictory to me. More neopoints in the economy = everything should cost more (since everyone has more neopoints to spend). So if you tax, you are taking away neopoints from the economy and things should cost even less. Also in real life, you are already paying taxes when you buy stuff (unless you live in some weird country with no taxes).

I think the problem is just related to the smaller player base. Most people who have hung around for this long are already pretty established, so they probably have most/all of their converted dreamies (that's why everyone's so thirsty for UC's, because they're much rarer). Therefore, people aren't really motivated to buy anything so the prices of things like morphing potions/paint brushes have dropped quite a bit since I last played. It's the lack of demand.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rdrr For This Useful Post:

|2eap (08-21-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by rdrr View Post
    What you guys are saying sound pretty contradictory to me. More neopoints in the economy = everything should cost more (since everyone has more neopoints to spend). So if you tax, you are taking away neopoints from the economy and things should cost even less. Also in real life, you are already paying taxes when you buy stuff (unless you live in some weird country with no taxes).

I think the problem is just related to the smaller player base. Most people who have hung around for this long are already pretty established, so they probably have most/all of their converted dreamies (that's why everyone's so thirsty for UC's, because they're much rarer). Therefore, people aren't really motivated to buy anything so the prices of things like morphing potions/paint brushes have dropped quite a bit since I last played. It's the lack of demand.
    True but it's better that way you just can't see it.

If stuff keeps deflating it will become so hard to make NP the site will go dead if they don't inflate through some sort of tax system anyways that's the outcome in few years.
    @(you need an account to see links)

Maybe put some of it towards lottery would make sense and maybe increase the lottery number count and drawn balls so less people win it so chance of a jackpot like RL

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by rdrr View Post

Well lets think because its all relevancy. The purpose of the tax isnt really to increase the value of the neopoint. But it would create a moving economy because people wouldnt wanna get taxed as much.

However, more neopoints = the higher the price of items sure. But a RL scenario would be hyperinflation. Yea sure things would cost more, but everybody has more money to spend anyways.

However we have an issue, since there are no "essentials" on neopets no one "has" to spend money to survive. So people just save and save their neopoints and never spend it. Do their dailies and leave neopets for the rest of the day. So more and more people have neopoints, but nobody is buying, which is driving down the price of items because there is little to no demand. When they should be rising in price from the inflation.

RN the price for 1mil neopoints should be higher than 2/mil since it essentially can buy you more on neopoints than it could back then. But its not, and that's because of the reason posted above.

we got our selves a good ol stalemate

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    Well lets think because its all relevancy. The purpose of the tax isnt really to increase the value of the neopoint. But it would create a moving economy because people wouldnt wanna get taxed as much.

However, more neopoints = the higher the price of items sure. But a RL scenario would be hyperinflation. Yea sure things would cost more, but everybody has more money to spend anyways.

However we have an issue, since there are no "essentials" on neopets no one "has" to spend money to survive. So people just save and save their neopoints and never spend it. Do their dailies and leave neopets for the rest of the day. So more and more people have neopoints, but nobody is buying, which is driving down the price of items because there is little to no demand. When they should be rising in price from the inflation.

RN the price for 1mil neopoints should be higher than 2/mil since it essentially can buy you more on neopoints than it could back then. But its not, and that's because of the reason posted above.

we got our selves a good ol stalemate
    Haha yeah basically theirs more people out there that wanna save up more and more like all the resellers in trading Board that probably barely spend so that leads to way more sellers then buyers which leads to that deflation :/ .

Look at the MP market and stamp market deflated loads then a year ago I remember this strongly lol.

NP should be worth way more each M for sure it's super cheap until back in the day the rich days haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Haha yeah basically theirs more people out there that wanna save up more and more like all the resellers in trading Board that probably barely spend so that leads to way more sellers then buyers which leads to that deflation :/ .

Look at the MP market and stamp market deflated loads then a year ago I remember this strongly lol.

NP should be worth way more each M for sure it's super cheap until back in the day the rich days haha.

Yes they made a good point though. Because i didnt even think about the inflation it should cause by them releasing so many neopoints for not doing shit. But items have deflated from no motivation to spend.

We need Bush up on the computer screen. "Go buy shit!'

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Anyone else just NOT ok with this?

Yes they made a good point though. Because i didnt even think about the inflation it should cause by them releasing so many neopoints for not doing shit. But items have deflated from no motivation to spend.

We need Bush up on the computer screen. "Go buy shit!'
    Yeah basically. To much easy NP and items going into accounts then what's going out.

I just got a good idea.

They TNT could change win to loose ratio system or just overhaul it completely and set it up like a claw machine or tweak it so it even gives way less then it does now.

This would make more sense in a way but also a tax system on auctions doesn't hurt too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    With it being a game though, you dont necessarily want to penalize the users for spending. You wanna reward them for that. But want to penalize them for not spending.
    Last edited by |2eap; 08-21-2015 at 06:23 AM. Reason: lol pentalize. high

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    With it being a game though, you dont necessarily want to pentalize the users for spending. You wanna reward them for that. But want to pentalize them for not spending.
    If you reward a few and they mention that in boards or what ever it makes other people wanna do it too.

Mind games I do see your point though

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    If you reward a few and they mention that in boards or what ever it makes other people wanna do it too.

Mind games I do see your point though

I guess the reward would be not being taxed lmao

13. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (08-21-2015)