Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone watching Making a Murderer on Netflix?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I watched half of the first episode, and I thought it was boring and not captivating.

Does it actually get better?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I'm not very far into it, but from a law enforcement perspective, I'm sure I'll have some opinions that differ a little from everyone else.

I'll be interested to discuss it once I'm done... I'm always interested to hear how various law enforcement careers appear to the general public when displayed through media portrayals.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) yes it does get better. First episode or two are slower as they deal with the first case. Once the second case gets going it is much better. It is not action packed though and does require paying attention...crime documentaries require that.

@(you need an account to see links) I think you will like it based on your career. I am usually siding with law enforcement due to following forensics and evidence in whatever documentary or show (like 48 Hours, Dateline etc) I am watching but I am really not sure I can with this case. It is interesting. I am curious of what you think when the DNA evidence is brought up in trial, the protocol aspect that is mentioned. Episode 5 I think it is.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) yes it does get better. First episode or two are slower as they deal with the first case. Once the second case gets going it is much better. It is not action packed though and does require paying attention...crime documentaries require that.

@(you need an account to see links) I think you will like it based on your career. I am usually siding with law enforcement due to following forensics and evidence in whatever documentary or show (like 48 Hours, Dateline etc) I am watching but I am really not sure I can with this case. It is interesting. I am curious of what you think when the DNA evidence is brought up in trial, the protocol aspect that is mentioned. Episode 5 I think it is.
    I think I heard one of my coworkers talking about it, if it's the EDTA thing? (I promise no spoilers LOL), & I guess I'm moreso interested to see the general bias of the documentary since I've also heard that only certain parts of testimony (direct vs cross exam, etc.) are shown.

We'll for sure chat about it when I'm done!! I'm just keeping an open mind going into it since I don't really know what to expect.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) yeah EDTA, tech protocol, methods

There is certainly a bias though. It is a focus on did police frame him, that is not a spoiler that is the basis of the whole series.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Wife and I watched it; think we finished it in 2-3 evenings. Every episode ended with another "WHAT THE F." It was just unbelievable.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3