9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by 70spurple View Post
    I knew a guy who had the same mentality as you. Trust me if you value someone enough. You put them above everything and will do everything to make them happy.
    Yes, I agree with that.. but if the girl cares for / loves the guy as well, then shouldn't the same logic also apply to her? i.e. if she values the guy too (I assume this is the case), she should also feel an urge to pay to demonstrate that she cares -- it goes both ways :/
    I think the exception is when there is a big difference in amount of disposable income between the two. Maybe one of them works a minimum wage job and the other makes $150k a year. Probably in this situation the person who makes $150k/yr should pay-- but that could mean the man or the woman.

The whole "men pay for dates" came from a time when women didn't work. But now women work just as much as men, so why should the man be expected to always pay (which is expensive), leaving the woman to use her own money on things that make her happy. It seems like in this case, both parties are using their money to make the woman happy.. but what about the man? :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by _Izual View Post
    Yes, I agree with that.. but if the girl cares for / loves the guy as well, then shouldn't the same logic also apply to her? i.e. if she values the guy too (I assume this is the case), she should also feel an urge to pay to demonstrate that she cares -- it goes both ways :/
    I think the exception is when there is a big difference in amount of disposable income between the two. Maybe one of them works a minimum wage job and the other makes $150k a year. Probably in this situation the person who makes $150k/yr should pay-- but that could mean the man or the woman.

The whole "men pay for dates" came from a time when women didn't work. But now women work just as much as men, so why should the man be expected to always pay (which is expensive), leaving the woman to use her own money on things that make her happy. It seems like in this case, both parties are using their money to make the woman happy.. but what about the man? :/
    It's just Chivalry, common decency, if a male let me pay for something when I offered best believe I would never see that child again.
    in the end no one ever knew what the outcome would be. So I guess� you have to do your best to make a decision that you won�t regret.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by 70spurple View Post
    I knew a guy who had the same mentality as you. Trust me if you value someone enough. You put them above everything and will do everything to make them happy.
    Reading the few things you've posted here, I've got the feeling you think women are superior to men.
    Lemme inform you. They aren't. They're equal. Believe it or not.

The fact that you have to spend "your precious time" with a man who needs to pamper you for you to be happy just gives the condescending essence of "Fuck you I'm better than you".

If you value someone, I assume you don't put them first. They have to put you first for you to value them.
    You're also making it seem like you think women can't take care of themselves when you say "Men need to take care of women, not just financially either".

I'll be the first to put it to you that you've got the mentality that'll leave you taking care of yourself and your 40 cats 10 years down the road.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    Reading the few things you've posted here, I've got the feeling you think women are superior to men.
    Lemme inform you. They aren't. They're equal. Believe it or not.

The fact that you have to spend "your precious time" with a man who needs to pamper you for you to be happy just gives the condescending essence of "Fuck you I'm better than you".

If you value someone, I assume you don't put them first. They have to put you first for you to value them.
    You're also making it seem like you think women can't take care of themselves when you say "Men need to take care of women, not just financially either".

I'll be the first to put it to you that you've got the mentality that'll leave you taking care of yourself and your 40 cats 10 years down the road.
    You would have to define the word "superior" to me in this case.

Also been with a dude with a cat, litterbox stunk so no...

He doesn't "NEED" to pamper me to be happy, he would naturally just do it to show he cares for my happiness,

When I personally value someone, I drop everything to put them first.

That is true, there are about week in a month, every month, where there is a hormone in balance in a female system body, as a result, it would feel "safe" with the help of a significant other knowing that everything should be okay...Additionally, women need to feel protected, that's what i mean by not just "financially.

As for everything else. Whether we want to believe it or not , we live in a misogynist country. In the rest of the world females aren't encouraged to go to school and hell if they are it's because they get a free meal. So, if you wanna talk about "equality" that's an illusion. Men were biologically made to be physically stronger than females. On the underhand, women were made to have more endurance. Just the way biology works.

ANYWAYS, perhaps I'm just speaking from a cultural perspective. My dad works while my mom stays as home, whereas my neighbor who his hispanic and his wife is white stays home while she works, (they've been together for 14 years,) don't know how in the hell he got away with that though lol.
    Last edited by 70spurple; 12-18-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    in the end no one ever knew what the outcome would be. So I guess� you have to do your best to make a decision that you won�t regret.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Either parent can be "stay at home" to take care of the children and keep the house in order. It's an important job, and it's not gendered.

I believe exactly that: your opinions on this matter are probably the result of growing up under such a structure. I'd encourage you to try to understand the perspectives of others who are actually advocating gender neutrality and equality between "men" and "women" (or really: equality for all human beings). Note that such old-style chivalrous systems create an imbalance of power that actually hurts women. If the woman is encouraged to stay at home and never develop a working skillset or obtain higher education, while the man develops his career and has all of the income for the family, then the man is ultimately completely free e.g. to leave his wife (who will then be stranded with no means of providing for herself) or to dictate how the family money is spent, etc. The only thing the woman can do in this case is to try to find some other "provider" to latch on to. Good luck to her trying to do that when she is 40+ years old.

Yeah, you get the nice end of the deal on dates. But ultimately you're left powerless in the relationship.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to _Izual For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (12-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    on my dates the guy always pays

because i'm a gay guy

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HellcatPong For This Useful Post:

Aura (12-21-2016),DJ Music Man (12-29-2016),Mophead (12-23-2016),Sci_Girl (12-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Merfecq View Post

because i'm a gay guy
    Hahaha <3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to _Izual For This Useful Post:

HellcatPong (12-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Merfecq View Post

because i'm a gay guy
    Ah ha touche! Lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

HellcatPong (12-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    7d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm female. I always offer to split the bill, especially if it's someone new that I don't really know that well. If it's someone that I'm close with, then it honestly doesn't matter to me - I've alternated paying for things in all of my relationship, it's really no big deal.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    At the beginning of the relationship I was paying, it is now half a
    I think it has to be this way.