95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m

Scrappy Q&A

It happened on (you need an account to see links) with #NeoAskScrappy hashtag and ended a few minutes ago!

Q1 "will we ever see anything from the darkest faerie ps2 again"
    A: I've heard about this one a surprising amount! We'd love to be able to do something with the game but it's not in the plans right now. We've so many things we're trying to get done but in the future, who knows!

Q2: "will Neopets be converted to HTML before Flash loses support in 2020"
    A: YES! We're currently in the process of moving everything over, those at #SDCC were able to see a small preview of what that will look like. Of course, there is just so much on the site so it will probably be rolled out piece by piece over time.

Q3: "will the games be revamped to be played on mobile"
    A: yes we want to bring them over to mobile. Of course some stuff will have to change but they'll still be the games you know and love. We have a few on mobile already and are looking into how many to bring vs how many new ones to bring in too!

Q4: "will there ever be a full web experience for a mobile Neopets client/app?"
    A: Yes there will be for sure!! It will start as just the mobile version of the website, but an app is definitely in our future plans too! One step at a time!!

Q5: "will the nearly abandoned attic ever reopen?"
    A: Never say never, but with everything going on it isn't in our current plans. However, we are listening to you guys and want your feedback on everything so keep reaching out and we'll try to do as much as we can for you guys.

Q6: "more veteran perks?"
    A: I know I know! It's absolutely crazy trying to keep up with you guys!! We'll see what we can do though about getting more of those veteran perks for you guys because you're all amazing and so loyal you definitely deserve to be rewarded!

Q7: "more avatars? (Amount of books read, higher rarity books)"
    A: We seriously LOVE getting stuff like avatar ideas from you guys! I will definitely bring this to the content team and see what they say. Gotta reward all those bookworms out there!!

Q8: " Will Keyquest be back for the app release?"
    A: No, Keyquest will not be back for the mobile release of Neopets. Maybe down the road we will look at it but converting all of flash to mobile is our mainly (and very time consuming) priority.

Q9: " Can we have a return of the old Charity Corner format?"
    A: Hm, decisions like those are out of my hands but I will see if we can do a throwback style Charity Corner sometime.

Q10: "Will some of the dormant Techo character make an appearance in a plot, or other site features or items?"
    A: Yeah there are definitely lots of characters that have been kept on the DL for a few years now that we know will be back one day. I can't say anything for certain but I will see if I can find out anything on any dormant characters that we might see again soon!

Q11: "Would TNT ever consider resetting/wiping scores for 'All Time' leaderboards?"
    A:This is a super interesting idea! Especially considering our move to mobile we're trying to figure out what we keep/start over, so I'll definitely bring this up to the team & get their thoughts!

Q12: "Neopets @OriginalFunko pops?"
    A: Not only do I love this idea but I might've asked for it once or twice myself! We will have to see what we can do for you guys here, with redeemable prize codes of course�.

Q13: " Will the Neoboards chat filter ever reflect the current adult players?"
    A: So, we have definitely gotten this question a few times. The short answer is no. he long answer is even though we know our player base has grown up with this game, it's still a kid friendly environment and community. Neopets will always be a safe and open space for everyone so we have to keep it that way. Sorry guys!

Q14: "Will we be ever to own more Neopets?"
    A: I mean, how many until you start neglecting some of them??? We cannot be responsible for hungry and sad Neopets running wild!! (but maybe sometime soon�.)

Update! New answers on reddit: Thanks @(you need an account to see links)!

Q1: "When games are converted away from Flash, are they going to get new game IDs and thus new trophy images, effectively retiring the flash versions of trophies?"
    A: they will be getting new game IDs yes when they are switched over

Q2: "places cookies Would you consider scrapping the current filters placed on petpages and forums and replace them? Not being able to type Grape-related things (For example) is painful."
    A: i feel your pain and you know how much i love cookies but we gotta keep the site kid friendly still and safe for everyone so sadly there isnt much we can do about the filters.

Q3: "Hi Scrappy, thanks for taking the time to answer questions here. I'm wondering if the team is aware that Bilge Dice technically works fine, it just had to be taken down due to the server transition lag causing some issues. So if the programmers were to restore Bilge Dice like normal, would it be likely to see the game return sooner than later?"
    A: hm, i'm thinking it wouldn't be a too soon of a thing, but probably throughout our transition to mobile it is one of the things we can look at returning!

Q4: "has there been any progress on figuring out how the team wants to handle re-releasing some of the super old (and super scarce) stamps? i know that's a sensitive one since you guys don't want to tank their value completely or anything, but i also know a lot of people are pretty desperate for some of those stamps for avatars/collections"
    A: we know you guys are begging for them but we have a lot going on right now that we are trying to really prioritize. we would absolutely love to hear your suggestions though for good ways to do it

Q5: "what are the chances of something where maybe one day have like an anniversary of an event to re-live it? So newer or those who missed out can have a chance at much older event related stuff?"
    A: we have actually talked about that not so long ago, i have no idea how it would actually work yet but it would be super cool to try to figure out

Q6: "scrappy, will we being seeing any new merchandise (esp. mutant bori merch) again?"
    A: well we had some at comic con and the responses were amazing so it is definitely something we're looking into now! we'd love to get some more merch out there for you guys, especially with the 20th anniversary coming up

Q7: "oh hey I actually thought of a question, Is it intentional that the wishing well grants r90 items lately? thank you :GWmythicalGhostHug:"
    A: im not entirely sure but let me ask the team!

Q8: "I sent this question into the editorial recently but is there any chance the gallery spotlight will get fixed? Currently it shows all the items out of order when it's a very important part of setting up a gallery :open_mouth:"
    A: I will put in a bug for that and see if we can get it fixed soon!! our dev team has been so busy getting everything ready for comic con but i will see what we can do now

!9: "Scrappy + co, is there any chance y�all will be open to having volunteer neoboard mods or help coming up with ideas for daily puzzle, mystery pic, etc? I know that many of us are now content creators or have some free time on our hands and would be happy to give back to the site!"
    A: we would seriously love that, our users make neopets what it is so any help or creativity we can get from you guys would be amazing. we would have to find the best way to set that up but i think we could probably find a way. we've even talked about that with items and stuff, having users be able to design their own items/wearables

Q10: "Scrappy what is your fave neopet species?"
    A: kougra for sure, theyre the best

Q11: "mayhaps user submitted content as a random contest? two birds one stone!!"
    A: yeah it'd have to be something like that, we will have to find the best way to collect all your guys stuff but im thinking different weeks could be different categories of content for you guys to send in

Q12: "is there going to be a purge soon? I've heard rumors but nothing concrete"
    A: we definitely want to soon! it takes a good amount of dev work so we've been waiting til we have some more time but with the mobile conversion, we will find time for a purge

Q13: "This might be farfetched but.. any chance TNT would come to an East Coast event like PAX? us New Englanders want some love too"
    A: i love the east coast, its amazing so i will try my best to get our execs to send us out there for an event :grinning:

Q14: "Is there any chance you would let maraquan/mutant pets wear more default wearables? I'm specifically referring to pets like the maraquan hissi and mutant kacheek which are in the default pose. Maraquan myncis can wear any clothes and it's so much fun to dress them up, I can understand why more unique posed pets like the mutant acara can't, but could any others be switched?"
    A: i dont think so but i can check on that one for you

Q15: "oh yeah, any chance of doing NYCC? us on the east coast would appreciate it"
    A: NYCC would be so fun! we actually talked about it so hopefully next year

Q16/17: "1) Site Spotlight Avatar - in the past you guys said you were going to look into retroactively awarding past winners with the avatar since past winners were barred from entering again and the contest is now retired. Is this still on the to-do list?

2) Any chance we can have someone look into the bug with Original Treasure Maps? They often times award items with broken images and thus, we don't get prizes. I've sent multiple bug reports about it over the years, it's been broken for about 4-5 years now."

A: its still on the list! i can pass it along to the content team too and see when we think it can happen! As for the treasure maps, i will put in a bug, can't promise when exactly we will get to it but we will for sure get to it at some point.

Q18: "Speaking of account safety, are there any plans to add a PIN to collectable cards?"
    A: for those asking about PINs, i know it is something we have discussed before and i think it got lost in the other things we were doing. anywhere else you guys would want it added?

Q19: "currently only colours available in the petpet puddle via a paintbrush are able to be made by the perk, however when the perk list was first released it promised "lab-exclusive colours".

i know it was addressed at some point in the editorial but there was some unsureness on what would be done, and a few players suggested to just make the lab petpets no-trade or to just have the zapped effect meaning they'd revert upon removal like normal zapped petpets do.

i know a few players including me spent millions buying cc point items to get picnic petpets and were extremely devastated by the rewording and change of the perk after cc had already ended :worryNotLikeThis:
    sorry to pester, i just don't want this problem to be buried and forgotten since cc is still fairly fresh in our minds!"

A: i'd have to check with the team on this one, i know there are still discussions so ill try to relay that to you guys

Q20: "Casual quick question, is there a solid date on when Daily Dare and the Summer Dyeworks will be starting?"
    A: right now for daily dare, we are thinking this week (i will let you know if that changes) and summer dyeworks will be in about a week

Q21: "my dumb question is do y'all still keep in touch with old TNT? I wanted to tell Mr Insane thank you for NQII i played it alot in middle school and learned SAT words"
    A: sadly, not really. i think some do a little but i don't, i wish i could though that would be awesome

Q22: "I know this is only a quick one, but is there any chance of a magma gruslen, or other magma petpets.

Also any chance of a mystery pic avatar? "

A: oh i remember reading it, the fading pixelated avatar? honestly that is such a cool idea i already sent it to another tnt member and as for the petpets, i guess you'll have to wait and see!

Q23: "Any chance additional account security measures are coming in the future? For example; 2 factor authentication?"
    A: yeah security is definitely very important to us, especially moving to mobile we are looking at all the ways to make neopets as secure as we can. i will let you guys know what the plans are there when i can!

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Achyfi (07-21-2019),Alcremie (07-21-2019),Blue-tooth (07-21-2019),Corliss (07-23-2019),Crow (07-21-2019),Doge (07-22-2019),Eed (07-22-2019),Erik. (07-21-2019),espnnnnnn (07-25-2019),Flordibel (07-21-2019),Goddammit (07-21-2019),Gotch (07-22-2019),j03 (07-21-2019),Meepit (07-22-2019),Midas (07-21-2019),MKM (07-22-2019),MrBurbage (07-25-2019),Sakuras (07-22-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    62d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Lmao, the short answer for Q13 rings so rude
    They should update their thought about +14 yo 'kids'.
    Last edited by Midas; 07-21-2019 at 04:04 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Midas For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (07-23-2019)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    I love that Scrappy stopped answering questions just as this hero asked theirs.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Chibicat (07-22-2019),Corliss (07-23-2019),Erik. (07-21-2019),Fiore (07-21-2019),Goddammit (07-21-2019),Menine (07-21-2019),Midas (07-21-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (07-21-2019),Sakuras (07-22-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    62d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post

Scrappy: I'm needed in the basement

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Midas For This Useful Post:

Bat (07-21-2019),Corliss (07-23-2019),Eed (07-22-2019),Fiore (07-21-2019),Flordibel (07-21-2019),Gato (07-22-2019),Goddammit (07-21-2019),Gremlin (07-21-2019),Mama Bear (07-22-2019),Menine (07-21-2019),Pinecone (07-23-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (07-21-2019),Synth Salazzle (07-21-2019)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 20h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    I feel like a broken record but Please. More. Pet. Slots. Plea. Se.

Also imagine having a high score for a decade only to see it wiped because people cry about Muh Equal Rights

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (07-23-2019),Crow (07-21-2019),Danny Phantom (07-22-2019),Eed (07-22-2019),genesis (07-22-2019),Goddammit (07-21-2019),Mama Bear (07-22-2019),Pearl (07-22-2019),Sakuras (07-22-2019),Synth Salazzle (07-21-2019),tonic (07-24-2019)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m

is this hits?

JK, I don't think it's him. But hits make me cringe everytime someone legitly asks about the battledome, even if they're being decent and educated. I guess he traumatized me

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Midas (07-21-2019),Pinecone (07-23-2019),Sakuras (07-22-2019)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post

Fuddy Duddy Wet Blanket, indeed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Bat (07-21-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Q2: "will Neopets be converted to HTML before Flash loses support in 2020"
    A: YES! We're currently in the process of moving everything over, those at #SDCC were able to see a small preview of what that will look like. Of course, there is just so much on the site so it will probably be rolled out piece by piece over time.

Q3: "will the games be revamped to be played on mobile"
    A: yes we want to bring them over to mobile. Of course some stuff will have to change but they'll still be the games you know and love. We have a few on mobile already and are looking into how many to bring vs how many new ones to bring in too!

Q4: "will there ever be a full web experience for a mobile Neopets client/app?"
    A: Yes there will be for sure!! It will start as just the mobile version of the website, but an app is definitely in our future plans too! One step at a time!!
    Thanks for replying to the same question 3 times Scrappy

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

Bolin (07-22-2019),Cookie Tray (07-23-2019),Crow (07-21-2019),Erik. (07-21-2019),Fiore (07-21-2019),Gato (07-22-2019),Gremlin (07-21-2019),Menine (07-21-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (07-21-2019),Sakuras (07-22-2019),XER0 (07-21-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Q12: "Neopets @OriginalFunko pops?"
    A: Not only do I love this idea but I might've asked for it once or twice myself! We will have to see what we can do for you guys here, with redeemable prize codes of course….

Q13: " Will the Neoboards chat filter ever reflect the current adult players?"
    A: So, we have definitely gotten this question a few times. The short answer is no. he long answer is even though we know our player base has grown up with this game, it's still a kid friendly environment and community. Neopets will always be a safe and open space for everyone so we have to keep it that way. Sorry guys!

Q14: "Will we be ever to own more Neopets?"
    A: I mean, how many until you start neglecting some of them??? We cannot be responsible for hungry and sad Neopets running wild!! (but maybe sometime soon….)
    Q12 is LIIIIIFE. I need some neopets funkos in my life. The Faeries, Kanrik, Hanso, Brynne, Tandrak Shaye.... YAAAS. (+redeemable coooodes)

Q13 booooo hiss boooo Or at least lift some of the filters. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to say basement or grape on neopets dot com

Q14 mebe moar pets?????!?!???

Thank you for coming to my live reaction to Scrappy's Q&A

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

Crow (07-21-2019),Malarkey (07-21-2019),Pearl (07-22-2019),Pinecone (07-23-2019),Stardust (07-21-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Indeed ~ I find it hard to believe they cannot find a way to fix the filtering on this site so you can say words like "uncle."

But okay, sure Neopets.com, you do you.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Crow (07-21-2019),Eed (07-22-2019),Sakuras (07-22-2019)