2/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    Allegedly they posted the username of a well-known TCer who claimed to win a skarls charm and exposed the account they got it gifted from...
    yeah, [redacted] (a well-known TCer with a young account) has been pretending to have won one from Skarl since January. But didn't even have a score in their games history so obviously a lie. Basically has been an open secret that it was illegit in some way, I guess now we """know""" it was genned on a shell and sent over (the post from neo_truths listed the name of the shell). Whatever, kinda useless info tbh.

neo_truths posted the original Rubbish Dump probabilities right after they updated that, a few weeks ago. In that post they said they don't know the new probs. Which to me sounds like they still have access to an old (leaked?) code base, as well as some flavor of DB access.
    Last edited by kms; 05-17-2022 at 08:03 AM.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    714 times
    Time Online
    359d 6h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links) You may want to edit your post. Moderators don't condone speculation or callouts of people you suspect may be cheating. Although neo_truths has some reputation behind him, anything he says is purely speculation unless confirmed by TNT themselves.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Erik. (05-17-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kms View Post
    yeah, thumpd has been pretending to have won one from Skarl since January. But didn't even have a score in their games history so obviously a lie. Basically has been an open secret that it was illegit in some way, I guess now we """know""" it was genned on a shell and sent over (the post from neo_truths listed the name of the shell). Whatever, kinda useless info tbh.

neo_truths posted the original Rubbish Dump probabilities right after they updated that, a few weeks ago. In that post they said they don't know the new probs. Which to me sounds like they still have access to an old (leaked?) code base, as well as some flavor of DB access.
    Yeah but I'm not sure going into people's accounts and publicly exposing them is the way to go...if you want to be a vigilante just send it to tnt

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    67d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    yeah, thumpd has been pretending to have won one from Skarl since January. But didn't even have a score in their games history so obviously a lie. Basically has been an open secret that it was illegit in some way, I guess now we """know""" it was genned on a shell and sent over (the post from neo_truths listed the name of the shell). Whatever, kinda useless info tbh.

Old code base, current DB access

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 18h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    Yeah but I'm not sure going into people's accounts and publicly exposing them is the way to go...if you want to be a vigilante just send it to tnt
    This. Their latest post exposing the skaarl charm and petpet stamp was done in response to another user who commented speculating about the legitimacy of a particular user/charm. The fact that neo_truth can just casually dig up this data and expose someone publically like that isn’t right…they could literally use this to spark offsite harassment and finger pointing, even for people staying lowkey or even innocents

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    17d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    it is pretty funny though. i live for drama

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

nataurs (05-17-2022),Sakuras (07-20-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The vigilantism also makes me uncomfortable. It's all in good fun when they post little blurbs about code peculiarities, starts get real shady once UN's get involved lol.
    I think the prevailing opinion in the community towards neo_truths is very warm right now, but I am starting to see more questioning/backlash in mainstream channels after the latest. (Wasn't surprised to see it on Clraik earlier, considering the nature of the community )
    And while I don't doubt their levels of access and ability to provide accurate info, the reality is nothing they've posted can generally be verified. Even if the vast majority is true, they could sprinkle in some exaggerations/actual falsehoods and no one would really know.
    And this ain't Wikileaks, it's a browser game; the "neo truths" they're sharing don't implicitly drive fundamental moral justice like, say, the Panama Papers would. Which really abates the ethics of their hacking a private company's servers; there's not a defensible claim to supporting a greater good, imo.

Per Brittany's suggestion I removed the UN from my post. Not challenging, genuinely curious: is this not a cheating site? Didn't think twice about discussing it openly here.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kms For This Useful Post:

Buizel (05-17-2022),Shawn (05-17-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    The vigilantism also makes me uncomfortable. It's all in good fun when they post little blurbs about code peculiarities, starts get real shady once UN's get involved lol.
    I think the prevailing opinion in the community towards neo_truths is very warm right now, but I am starting to see more questioning/backlash in mainstream channels after the latest. (Wasn't surprised to see it on Clraik earlier, considering the nature of the community )
    And while I don't doubt their levels of access and ability to provide accurate info, the reality is nothing they've posted can generally be verified. Even if the vast majority is true, they could sprinkle in some exaggerations/actual falsehoods and no one would really know.
    And this ain't Wikileaks, it's a browser game; the "neo truths" they're sharing don't implicitly drive fundamental moral justice like, say, the Panama Papers would. Which really abates the ethics of their hacking a private company's servers; there's not a defensible claim to supporting a greater good, imo.

Per Brittany's suggestion I removed the UN from my post. Not challenging, genuinely curious: is this not a cheating site? Didn't think twice about discussing it openly here.
    All I know is when people declare what is fundamental moral justice, I so very rarely agree. What is just about telling another person how they should live their lives when it doesn't harm people who are not harming others?

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    714 times
    Time Online
    359d 6h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 13m
    This is a cheating site, but we do try to have honor amongst thieves. It'd be ironic to some degree if we ourselves started to accuse/point fingers at someone cheating when we cheat ourselves.

Flordibel said it best on the UYS board:

While it is against our community's rules to call out or speculate that a player is cheating, we can't stop players from drawing attention to themselves. If a topic pertaining to cheating is common knowledge, then it will be considered acceptable to talk about here. If a pet or player is being discussed in the Neoboards, or in other popular Neopets communities, then it is no longer this community's responsibility to protect a player's anonymity.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

cornishwall (05-17-2022),Erik. (05-17-2022),Sakuras (07-20-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    125d 14h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    User in the spotlight was just shooting himself in the foot by rocking up with a high-risk item (Skarl Collectible Charm) and posting on the boards with an account like that. I'm a huge proponent of avoiding the boards at all costs especially right in the midst of doing illegit stuff. Doesn't matter if there is a group of guildies backing him, he is going to get harassed for most likely the entirety of his time playing neopets. It's not worth it if you ask me.
    Last edited by nataurs; 05-17-2022 at 03:17 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nataurs For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (07-20-2022)