41/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

100 Ways on How to Get Frozen in Neopets

Ok I lied about the 100, but I will be getting there don't worry. Got bored so thought I'd give guides a shot. (I wanted to have a little fun with it too )

Are you feeling stupid? Want to burn away the tens of millions of NP that you've worked hard to gain? Well, look no further than...

jarbo's GUIDE TO GETTING FROZEN ON NEOPETS

Freeze Rating Legend
    Near Impossible - You'd be a moron/a real unlucky douche to get frozen for doing this.
    Freezable - 1 out of 5 times, you might get frozen. (Lol probability in a probability)
    Getting Fiesty - I see you're trying to get on TNT's badside. Toss a coin and if it's heads, you're deads.
    Asking for It - You'd need a leprechaun to get out of this mess. Still, dumber men have tried and come out unscathed at times.
    Tell me About your Next Account - Guaranteed freeze.

~ Autobuying/ABing ~
    Autobuying is the art of using a program to purchase items from the shops of Neopia. This is very profitable as many items can be resold for a much larger price at the user marketplace. Wrong settings like a 100ms refresh rate for 8 hours will land you in the Asking for It place, as well as competing in the dreaded shops, like Magic.

Average Freeze Rating: Getting Fiesty
    -

~ Scoresending ~
    Scoresending means using a program to create false scores that will be sent to TNT's servers. It's a great way of not doing anything but typing in a few numbers and ending up beating that darn ol' Meerca Chase. Users basically utilize it for two things: trophies/avatars and amassing NP. It has been noticed that prolonged use of it can be pretty deadly. I mean come on, what's the probability of someone in a 3 month account being able to score 1000 NP consistently in 15 different games, every f***ing day.

Average Freeze Rating: Asking for It
    -

~ Spamming/Swearing/Scamming on the Neoboards ~
    Did you ever wonder why everyone is always so nice on the Neoboards compared to clraik or other forums?

It's because TNT's got a gun pointed at their heads, ready to fire at any form of misbehavior. The Neoboards is pretty much a safe haven and any and all violaters of their rolls will be apprehended. If you want to get an insta-freeze, just go self-ice yourself since this is basically a guaranteed freeze.

Average Freeze Rating: Tell me About your Next Account
    -

~ Self-Ice ~
    Since I mentioned it already, you can self-ice your own account. I believe the URL is (you need an account to see links), but if it's not, just Google it. Self-ices are also used as a safety precaution for advanced shell transfers of illegit NP/items.

Average Freeze Rating: Tell me About your Next Account
    -

~ Trading Post Junk Offers ~
    The Trading Post has a lot of money going through it everyday, so it's an easy target for some freezable moronity/ingeniousness.

Junk Offers are basically tricky offers on TP lots with the intent of scamming the seller. For example, someone puts up a lot with a Pirate Krawk Morphing Potion asking for 100,000,000 NP. Some genius dude then comes along and makes an offer of 100 NP or 100,000 NP and makes the sale. Was the seller stupid? Yes. And yes, there are people on Neo that are careless enough to be tricked.

TNT of course knows about this method and if you don't get caught on the first offence, multiple instances will probably draw their attention on you.

Average Freeze Rating: Freezable
    -

~ Trading Post Noob Scamming ~
    This is the opposite of Junk Offers in a sense as you overprice an item immensely and sell it to a moron with a lot of cash. (How he had that cash to begin with, I will never know.) This is less common than Junk Offers as people with a lot of NP usually know how high expensive items go for. More dangerous when the item is worth millions of NP.

-

~ Restocking "Incorrectly" ~
    A lot of people complain that restocking is always risky, whether you're being legit or not about it. However, a lot of people who are "legit" don't actually know that in TNT's eyes, what they're doing is illegit. Here's a list of the versions of "legit" restocking that are actually not allowed by TNT:
    • Loading multiple shops at once
    • Copy-Paste Haggling (This is you having a pre-determined value ready then just using it over and over with Ctrl+V so you can waste no time typing)
    • Disabling Ads as it gives an unfair advantage (dunno how TNT checks this; just know that it is a freezable offense according to them)

-

~ Getting Scammed/Hacked ~
    If someone hacks your account and it's been inactive for a while, chances are is that TNT will freeze your account for protection.
    *1 - However, you can file a ticket and try to talk with them about getting your account back. They will ask some personal details about the account so be sure to know them.
    • Loading multiple shops at once
    • Copy-Paste Haggling (This is you having a pre-determined value ready then just using it over and over with Ctrl+V so you can waste no time typing)

Average Freeze Rating: Asking for It (but Redeemable! See *1)
    -

~ Cookie Grabbed/Hash Listed (Credits to Bettser)~
    CGers and Hash lists are all the rage nowadays as they're easy ways to get lots of accounts and fast. Beware of the Neopets sites you visit when you scour for programs. This is a sub-niche of hacked accounts.

Average Freeze Rating: Asking for It (but Redeemable! See *1)
    -

~ Selling Neopets Virtual Items/Np/Pets for Money/Collateral ~
    Any form of "black market"-like deals like paying dollars for a pet or buying items on forums (NP purchases of items are fine I think) will mostly get you banned.
    Any association of Neopets' virtual crap with $ will kill your account. Still, cheating forums like clraik thrive on trades like this so just don't be stupid and read one of our guides here on proper trading to avoid freezes.

Average Freeze Rating: Freezable if you do it "right", which most users do. There's an occasional moron who advertises it on the Neoboards, but that's just a moron.
    -

~ AOBing/Cheating on Flash Games ~
    There are some cheats that Neopets has built in in its games. The cheats I'm referring to are your trainers, multi-trainers, AOBs, Cheat Engines and other external programs used to modify variables in the flash games. This deserves a lower freeze rating than Scoresenders however as you will be able to oversee the game playing, thus avoid usual mistakes in scoresending like sending an impossible score or sending at too little of a time.

Average Freeze Rating: Freezable/Getting Fiesty (The more you do it on one account, the riskier it gets. --> referring to constantly high-risk efforts such as trophy hoarding and massive NP gaining for prolonged periods)
    -

~ Autoplayers ~
    Pyramids, Cellblock, Go Go Go!, Cheat and many other browser-based games on Neo have autoplayers floating around forums. These are used to obviously have the program do the work for us, nabbing us some NP and trophies. Generally though, this is one of the safest types of cheating. Just don't log-in while you're using a program.

Average Freeze Rating: Near Impossible
    -

~ Lending for a Profit ~
    If you lend a pet for NP/item, you get the privilege of meeting the freeze ray. Yes, TNT despises any and all forms of prostitution.

-

~ Contests on Guilds with Prizes~
    TNT has been iffy about this. It has let some of it slide, but the sure-fire thing that isn't allowed is contests with prizes. If it catches you, good chance of a freeze on the guild leader/guild account.

-

~ Monopolizing an Item ~
    If you're trying to buy out a lot of an item from the Neopian market/user markets, that's monopolizing. TNT actually does not allow this, but hey, we do it sometimes but have yet to be caught. That's because they made a stupid statement about how "users are allowed to buy unlimited quantities if they anticipate a war/plot/event/etc." Lol, talk about setting up a loophole for yourself.

-

~ Making NP on Multiple Accounts ~
    You're allowed to have multiple accounts but even they are stingy about that if your actions are more than your usual innocent kid who comes to just feed his pet everyday.

Making NP by the hundreds on them won't probably draw attention but raking in thousands or millions will. Transferring them is just asking for an ice.

Average Freeze Rating: Freezable/Getting Fiesty
    -

~ Hacking an Account/Transferring NP from Hacked Account ~
    Account hacking is risky business. If you hack an active account and try to secure it, chances are it'll be frozen just by the user complaining. Transferring NP from a Hacked account is even more risky business but there a lot of ways to get away with it (again, just search through our guides here).

Average Freeze Rating: Getting Fiesty/Asking for It
    -

~ Go Harass Someone ~
    Neomail or Neoboards are your weapons of choice for this one, but a guild chat might work too. Just send hate mails and swear words their way and you're on a one-way ticket to a warning, if you don't get iced already!

-

~ Have a Guild Fund that "Pays" Its Members ~
    Giving away is nice and good but if TNT starts to notice that your members' benefits are too nice for their liking (500,000 NP monthly to the top 10 guild members or something), they'll monitor you. This is a more underground case so I'm not really familiar with it, but I have heard of some freezes with this one.

-

~ Multiple IP Logs on One Account ~
    Go get a friend or a proxy for this one or one of the automation programs. Log into the same account at the same time. If it doesn't somehow kick you off (I don't think it does), then the double IP log at one time will send a flare to TNT telling them, "HEY! YOU FORGOT TO FREEZE ME!!!"

-

~ Post your Username/Pet on a Cheating Forum ~
    Although we on these forums make sure to keep those from happening, it has been a long time since anyone has had a username up for a prolonged period of time so no one can see if TNT will just put down the hammer immediately.

From a logical perspective though, posting a username on sites shouldn't be very harmful since anyone could incriminate anyone else.

Note however that if you show incriminating information about your account, things will get very cold, very fast.

-

~ Showing a Video on Cheating with your Account ~
    See incriminating information.

-

~ "Multiple Trades"/Double Trades/etc. on the Trading Post (Credits to robots)~
    As I said, there's tons of ways to abuse the TP as it is a center for commerce

A generalization of the techniques done on the TP is called multiple trades. Basically, you put up an expensive item above 800k and ask buyers to pay for it through your multiple junk trades, one of which includes the item. Obviously, you could accept the trade on the junk item and still keep a portion of the profits AND your item. Congratulations, you're now one report away from iceland.

-

~ Break Something on their Terms and Conditions ~
    (you need an account to see links) Here's a neato link. Just read everything and do the exact opposite of what they say.

Average Freeze Rating: Ranges really from all. This guide is a summary of the common ones that do break them.
    ------------------------
    Have a suggestion? Post it below and I'll credit you for your awesomeness!
    Last edited by Jarbo; 05-25-2012 at 02:52 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jarbo For This Useful Post:

Flor (08-14-2013),halloweenlupe (08-17-2016),johnnxiv (06-21-2014),Lenars (07-03-2013),Lindsay (11-10-2014),maxxine (05-25-2012),Reemer (05-25-2012),Whispers (07-11-2013),wrath (07-09-2013),zxzero (05-25-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Good guide! Now I know when I AoB it will get harder and harder each time!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Becka View Post
    Good guide! Now I know when I AoB it will get harder and harder each time!
    Naw, didn't mean it like that. I should clean up my language... 3 in the morning here so I'm a wee bit stoopid.

I meant if you're risking constantly like putting up insane numbers and getting tons of trophies, it'll get harder not to be noticed by TNT.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarbo View Post
    Naw, didn't mean it like that. I should clean up my language... 3 in the morning here so I'm a wee bit stoopid.

I meant if you're risking constantly like putting up insane numbers and getting tons of trophies, it'll get harder not to be noticed by TNT.
    OH. I think I've been doing good with looking legit. I've played over 105 games on that account and every now and again I use the AoB to look legit. I also use it sometimes to get a decent score like I did for Fyora faerie caves or w/e game it was

Do you think I'll be safe?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Becka View Post
    OH. I think I've been doing good with looking legit. I've played over 105 games on that account and every now and again I use the AoB to look legit. I also use it sometimes to get a decent score like I did for Fyora faerie caves or w/e game it was

Do you think I'll be safe?
    Yeah, you're the one with the guide up on Scoresending Sounds okay though. Some effort in humanizing is alwasy better than no effort.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Add in getting CGed under "Getting Scammed/Hacked". This is out of your control, and its happened to me twice. Thankfully, I had my account returned but others were so lucky. And if your name shows up on an account list or hash, youre also screwed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Jarbo (05-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

~ Selling Neopets Virtual Items/Np/Pets for Money/Collateral ~
    Any form of "black market"-like deals like paying dollars for a pet or buying items on forums (NP purchases of items are fine I think) will mostly get you banned.

fine... you think ?
    no, you're not allowed to buy items on neopets with neopoints.
    neopoints are moot.

nice read.

ones i can think of
    - linking offsite
    - posting a non-offensive picture
    - posting an offensive picture
    - posting personal details
    - not completing a pet trade (not using direct transfer, stealing the pet)
    - scamming np via the "multiple trades" method

10. The Following User Says Thank You to robots For This Useful Post:

Jarbo (05-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by robots View Post
    fine... you think ?
    no, you're not allowed to buy items on neopets with neopoints.
    neopoints are moot.

nice read.

ones i can think of
    - linking offsite
    - posting a non-offensive picture
    - posting an offensive picture
    - posting personal details
    - not completing a pet trade (not using direct transfer, stealing the pet)
    - scamming np via the "multiple trades" method
    will add some of those new ones, thanks robots and yes, that bit about the NP was very dumb again on my part. i should really get some sleep...

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarbo View Post
    Yeah, you're the one with the guide up on Scoresending Sounds okay though. Some effort in humanizing is alwasy better than no effort.
    Indeed it is

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links): I'm still reading through it: But SS-ing is perfectly safe. As long as your scores are not too insane and the times are alright

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.