Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I think neocodex ceased to exist?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by foxe View Post
    Oh my god. My memory of those days is pretty foggy because I was quite young, but I remember Swar from DZ, and how he met his partner on there. They're still together and I'm pretty sure I'm friends with them on facebook still. That makes me happy. Its crazy the amount of friendships that have stayed together throughout all these years and forums.
    Hey you are spot on there. Swar and Casey, I remember both of them and when their whole story as it unfolded on dz!
    I think I was friends with them but not anymore. I liked Swar, never had any issues with him and hope they are doing great!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (06-16-2023),Delibird (06-15-2023),♥ foxe ♥ (06-15-2023),Ice (06-15-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I forgot about Casey but we used to talk all the time before she married Swar. I remember them meeting irl for the first time too, which was a surreal event on DZ.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delibird For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (06-15-2023),♥ foxe ♥ (06-15-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I was looking through some old stuff, trying to see if I still had any screenies from old sites. Stumbled across this gem from back in the day.
    Old old ck staff posing lol
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-15-2023),Cinderella (06-16-2023),Clefairy (06-15-2023),DarkSkies (06-15-2023),Delibird (06-15-2023),Excalibur (06-15-2023),Kylae (06-17-2023),Lyrichord (06-15-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post

You didn't miss anything by not getting into the clique I can confirm.
    Lol that's good to know, I always wondered!

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Map View Post
    Lol that's good to know, I always wondered!
    There were some exploits that weren't public knowledge now that I think of it and those were pretty cool. It's patched now so I can talk about it but one of my faves that ever happened was after keyquest got closed there was a generator for keys that you could still open despite it being closed so you could like mass reap keyquest rewards to an obscene amount and I got so rich it was disgusting just from codestones and lab map pieces alone.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    215d 22h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I was looking through some old stuff, trying to see if I still had any screenies from old sites. Stumbled across this gem from back in the day.
    Old old ck staff posing lol
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

That is adorable!!

This has been so interesting to read! I'm sure I had an account on NeoCodex at some point, but never chatted. I also recognize the name Hidden Below? More as place to buy not as a forum. It's nice to see the history and context for how we got where we are today. The more I read the more I'm so glad I chose to come out of lurker mode here on cK!

For the longest time programs were only for PC's and not Macs. When I finally found out about Bit Slicer everything changed! Kudos to cK as well for coming up with so many amazing scripts that can be used by anyone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    247d 22h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    I remember vagely when I was a teen (or maybe younger) that I participated on some of the forums mentioned, on DZ I was a seller too (not pets, that started on cK) but stopped once I saw mods weren't very willing to help when something went wrong with sales, at least I remember I didn't get any support even as someone that had a high-ish feedback at the time. On cK if something weird happened, I had full support of the mods and I'm very grateful for that.

I also was on neocodex but as others it was mostly because of the awesome data base and their auto-pricer, I kind of felt their community wasn't as open to people as cK.

Then I registered on cK but between school/college I wasn't very active, my activity began when I finally got out of college and even if I dissapear sometimes (because life is a b sometimes) I couldn't be as happy as I am on cK in another place.

Even as someone who isn't a programmer or doesn't know a lot of very useful info I can still help with some other things such as BC voting and pricing when I have time. I was surprised when I got awarded the kingmaker UB! I've always done it to help my cK homies get shiny trophies but getting that kind mail from Bat sure lightened up my day. So I feel this community appreciates each of us for what we can do, and I feel that is key for what we are today

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Clefairy For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-19-2023),Cinnamoroll (06-15-2023),DarkSkies (06-15-2023),Delibird (06-15-2023),I_royalty_I (06-15-2023),Ice (06-15-2023),kittyray (06-15-2023),Lyrichord (06-15-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Wow, what a read, I just stumbled upon this thread this morning.

I'm Strat (aka Strategist one of the head Admins from Codex) and haven't really had a lot of dealing with the site since it slowed right down personally. IRL got busy for me, had three kids, got married, working full time etc just took up too much of my free time to be spending looking after a site any more. I unofficially 'stepped down' as Admin there a couple of years ago now, but have always kept an eye on things and kept in touch with all the mates I made over the years. It's unfortunate that it went so far downhill, especially after the Neopets site revamp into more modern coding/tech. Our programmers of the time all grew up, got jobs and basically had no time to put into improving the site and its programs to bring it into the new era.

A little background on myself. I started on Codex and the Neopets cheating scene back in October 2010, DZ was on the tail end of things back then and I remember briefly having signed up there before it all closed up. Codex welcomed me with open arms and I immediately hit it off with many people there (who I am stoked to still keep in touch with to this day). I do miss a lot of the older, more prominent members that used to frequent the site and are no longer around too. So many great memories to be had. I also was slightly active on Zombians when it first started up as they had quite a good Flight Rising following, which piqued my interests. I made a few friends there over the time that I was active (Beca, Ana, Swar and a few others come to mind) and was sad to see things go the way they did there too over the years. They had quite a social side of things there. When Yung took over the reigns and tried to turn things around, I inevitably left as me and him had nothing nice to say about one another (mainly due to what happened between him and one of my closer friends on Codex IRL back then). Originally, I joined cK to essentially keep and eye on PBM's and to be able to 'investigate' certain users who would cause issues on Codex from time to time. I never thought back then that I would actually grow to thoroughly enjoy this site and its members. I'm not particularly active here, but when I manage to get the time to spend here, I have had nothing but great experiences. Y'all are so welcoming and such a chilled bunch of people to talk to.

I'm glad that cK has managed to do so well and have always admired Joe and his team for the content that they have brought forward over the years and continue to do so into the future of Neopets. Not going to lie, there were times when I thought (as well as a majority of our staff on Codex) that cK was a lot shadier than it really turned out to (not) be. Possibly the reason why a lot of us staff on Codex were rather trigger-happy with our bans. If I treated anyone from here like shit, please do accept my sincerest apologies, it was certainly not a personal thing for me at any time. I thought I was doing right by the community there and it turns out, from my interactions here with some of those who we banned, I was completely misguided.

In regards to Codex being offline, as someone stated earlier in this thread, it's due to Amazon hosting changing tiers and that essentially shut the site down. Unfortunately, Cody (Pyro699) and a couple of the other Admins who are still out there, have had no luck in reaching Hydrogen (the owner of the site and apparently the only one who can do anything about the hosting side of things). So until he does something about it, Codex will remain offline for the foreseeable future, unfortunately. I have come to think that maybe it should stay that way, considering the activity of the site all but completely died off in the last few months anyway. The only thing that I am kind of bummed about is all the nostalgia and content that could inevitably be lost to time if we cannot get a copy of it all.

If we can, I will try and get some form of backup for you guys, especially in terms of guides that can be useful still to this forum. There was a lot of cool content hidden away in the private forums for the higher ranked members that deserves to be shared and made use of. Bare with me until I can sort something out.

Joe and the crew here have always been supportive of me when I have reached out to them whilst running Codex for various admin related things in the past and I thank you all for being so mature about it.

Again, thanks for reading through this book I've now written and once more, I do apologise if I treated any of you with ill intentions, totally embarrassing and I hope we can move forward now and put it all behind us.

Cheers guys,

Strat aka Mike
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

15. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-19-2023),Cinnamoroll (06-16-2023),Clefairy (06-16-2023),Cougar (06-19-2023),DarkSkies (06-16-2023),Delibird (06-16-2023),Dot (06-16-2023),Hawaiian (06-16-2023),Ice (06-15-2023),j03 (06-15-2023),kalez (06-15-2023),kittyray (06-15-2023),Lyrichord (06-15-2023),Map (06-15-2023),Mothman (06-19-2023),nousha (06-16-2023),♥ Rattata ♥ (06-17-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-16-2023),Unown (06-16-2023),Zapdos (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Omg I loved reading every single post here in this thread.

I've never even heard of all those forums. Since a young age I've only ever played 'legit' with friends. Found NeoCodex first and started using their bots. When I got frozen I took a hiatus and came back again with a new account. Upon searching, NC seemed a little dead so I found cK. But it is SO interesting to know that there were so many more communities around and how much memories there are for those of you who have been in the scene for a long time.

Keep the stories coming!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-16-2023),Lyrichord (06-16-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-16-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I was on Neocodex also back in the day. But once I tried clraik it reigned supreme

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-16-2023)