3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

Someone help me out here

Okay so I've been feeling really shitty lately and have been trying to figure out the source of it. I get headaches a lot & feel really tired/weak either when I get home from work (like 2-3 hours after I get home I start feeling shitty) or days I don't work, I feel shitty during the day/after dinner.

At first I thought it was cause I was walking a lot & not drinking enough water for work (I walk to work, and my job at my college involves a lot of walking. I walk like 3 miles a day when I work.) But I usually chug down 1.5/2ish waterbottles during my shifts, so that wasn't the problem. I eat breakfast/lunch/dinner everyday, and snack inbetween. My meals aren't huge, but it's something. They fill me up for a short amount of time, but then I get really hungry afterwards but I only have snack food to eat that still doesn't help. I finally went and counted up the calories I have a day (something I never do lol) and I eat under 1000 calories a day. (not on purpose! like I said, I'm not the kind of person who counts calories n shit) I googled some shit about eating under 1000 calories a day and I get results either about people dieting or people w/ eating disorders. I don't think I'm in either of those categories.

I feel like this is probably the reason I feel like shit all the time? Should I just eat more and the fact that I walk everyday will help balance it out? Idk.
    Also background: I'm 5'1 & around 100lbs. (yes I know I'm small, I was born like 3 months early. but I'm usually around the 100-105lbs area, which is normal for someone as small as me)

I just want to stop feeling shitty haha, also sorry if this is the wrong board? Didn't know where else to put it.

/rant
    this has been going on for like 2 months it's so annoying someone w/ health knowledge help a girl out

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I read somewhere that the average human adult needs 2000 calories a day to stay healthy, mind you this is for males, but I doubt its much lower for females.

Start eating more, see if you feel better, if not, see a doctor.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    @(you need an account to see links) I was reading 1500 for females around the same age/height/weight for me, you're probably right. The other problem is that I don't have a lot of food in the first place, I guess I should buy more substantial food when I go grocery shopping? Idk.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by SCf3 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I was reading 1500 for females around the same age/height/weight for me, you're probably right. The other problem is that I don't have a lot of food in the first place, I guess I should buy more substantial food when I go grocery shopping? Idk.
    Yeah, that would be a good idea. Perhaps think up (or look up ) a meal plan that fits the calorie count you want to hit ?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tablo For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (07-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    You definitely need to be eating more calories. It seems like you have a fairly active lifestyle so you might want to eat even more than the 1500 calories you've seen online. I have a similar problem where, when I don't think about it, I'll easily eat less than 1000 calories without trying. I don't think it's good to force yourself to eat MORE food, but you need to take in more calorie dense food. There are easy ways to add in to what you're already having, like switching to a higher fat percentage milk (ie, if you drink non-fat milk, switch to 1%), eating whole wheat products (bread, pasta), and eating nuts or natural nut butter. If you google around, you'll find a lot of information about calorie dense foods that are still good for you.

But I agree with @(you need an account to see links), try eating more for a few weeks (and maybe adding some more water, it is summer and it's easy to become dehydrated which might account for some of the headache) and if you're still having problems, see a doctor