DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I think that if you want equal rights then it should be equal down to everything. The majority of women do not pay child support and usually gets the child because women generally looked upon as caring more for a child, which is not always true. Womens insurance is lower than the majority of mens, especially new drivers. Don't get me wrong I fully support women being able to get paid as much as men and have equal rights, but with the good ones also come bad ones.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Couldn't disagree with you there

Just went the old people thinking thing because almost all old men think that way, ive watched a lot of movies so im pretty much an expert on this

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think things will only change when our cultural society develops from its patriarchal form... indeed, society needs to develop a better appreciation of the female voice. I mean, seriously, male architects would NEVER have thought of hooks behind a public cubicle door. It's just not part of their needs.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

I do agree with you @(you need an account to see links)! I think when it becomes socially acceptable for gender role reversals i.e. men to be caregivers and women to be breadwinners without any loss of ego we can be viewed as equal. Right now, businesses won't invest in women because they believe women don't always come back after pregnancy,etc because society demands them to care for their children. I know there are exceptions but when it is generally accepted, I believe we will have equality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to raxn For This Useful Post:

zxzero (06-14-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    All men, women and children should be able to feel safe in this world. Respect is a two-way street.
    There are a lot of mad/scary people in the real world. Women/Men/Children all get caught in the crossfire.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I honestly think that the biggest shame about the #YesAllWomen campaign has been the fact that men are trying to make it about them.

LET ME FINISH.

#YesAllWomen is NOT about how shitty men are, it's about how shitty society is. It's about how women are treated by both men AND women. Women are JUST as vicious to other women as men can be. I went to a really small college where everyone in my class pretty much knew everyone else. Our freshman year, this girl claimed that a guy raped her when they were drunk. Literally every girl I heard talk about it said, "Whatever, she was just drunk and regrets it," or, "She's just mad because he didn't want to date her," or, "She's totally lying because I heard she was a huge slut in high school". Women can be just as violent towards each other when one steps "out of line" or ignores what someone has decided are the social norms.

It is DANGEROUS to be a women in the world that we live in. It's like @(you need an account to see links) said, I remember being taught at driving school that wearing my hair down in a ponytail when I'm walking to my car alone in a parking lot is dangerous because that's what potential attackers look for. My mom bought me pepper spray at 12 when I started doing theatre downtown and would be there late at night. I was catcalled wearing a tank top and work out pants when I was 13 years old. Last year, some guy started yelling at me while I was driving. I didn't acknowledge him because I was honestly afraid of what he was going to say to me. He just wanted to tell me that my tail light was out. The fact is that this isn't the way that young women should have to be raised. If I have a daughter in the future, I shouldn't have to teach her the difference between consent and rape because there will be a 1 in 5 chance that she will be sexually assaulted.

I understand that there are plenty of men who face sexual assault or harassment at the hands of women. I know better than most that paternal rights in the US are fucked up. I am fully willing to acknowledge the difficulties that men suffer through.

But that is NOT what #YesAllWomen is about. Please stop sidetracking the real issue that's trying to be discussed.

I would really encourage every to read (you need an account to see links) piece on Slate.

My favorite part, which sums up a lot about how I feel about all this:

No, #NotAllMen are violent against women, but #YesAllWomen have to navigate a world where those who are look the same as those who aren't.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Totally agree with @(you need an account to see links). Hopefully soon we can live in a world where there are safe spaces for both genders to highlight the injustices against them without others butting in or cutting the conversation short. I think we're slowly but surely getting there.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    87/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    1d 13h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    #YesAllWomen because I still have to explain why I'm not interested and can't simply say a polite 'thanks, but no thanks.' Why is it so hard to understand?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    here in brazil is bearly impossible to walk around, even at daytime, the crime rate is so high, recently a girl was raped, she was kidnapped and taken to an empty residence, she was walking near a oublic park when that happened