DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links) i know like 3 of my friends have recently bought pets and it's obvious any way they put it, i dont wanna risk my accounts like that

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firehawk For This Useful Post:

Corliss (05-31-2014),Valent (05-31-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 3h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I actually achieved my 'ultimate dream' from one within a few months. I think they are great to a point like everyone here has said some are blatant begging. Mine I was told could be an app on its own I had so much written into it with constant updates and effort going in. I like ones like that and wanted mine to not be annoying or look beggy. Only I wanted to go overboard in it and pretty much did but hey that's alright I had so much fun creating it and it still stands as one of the most unique ones.

I kinda feel more and more though like mine was the last one made like that. All the few I see now annoy me lol. Like they hardly have plans, just kinda say I want this now give it to me please so I don't have to try. Then they spam boards and don't really try anything constructive towards the goal. I really have to resist yelling at them sometimes or show them mine and be like 'THIS is what people like to see stop begging!'

But anyways that was all done and over with a few months back before I joined here and have bought a few lower end UC dreams. I'm now kinda.....addicted to this black market and hope to never struggle that hard again fun as it was. This is more fun being able to pick the name. Over just 'settling' for whatever's out there currently but I actually feel super blessed to love my gifted dreams name. cK rules still though, I love this place.

(p.s first ever post omg I got tempted out of my lurkers tree!) XD

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kayla For This Useful Post:

Corliss (05-31-2014),parakeet (05-31-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i think they're weird tbh
    but when people have them up forever, if someone is really super dedicated, i think their dedication shows more if they end up finding that pet UFA or something, since everyone's seen their project pages forever and can vouch that they've been seeking the pet forever.
    the point is really for everyone else on the pc to see and notice their goals i guess, but someone could be using it to keep track of their own progress or just for fun!!
    but yeah idk, it's kind of begging but the effort probably does pay off once in a while, so kudos to whoever can be bothered making pages like that

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I have a project page, but I very rarely show it to anyone. It's more for my benefit, I guess. I want to be able to go back and see how I eventually made it to my dream. I might show it once my offer is good enough to merit a fair trade. But until then, I only show people who ask to see it.

But I didn't make it thinking that someone will just give me the pet. The whole point is to show how I'm WORKING towards it.
    People who make them in the hopes that someone will hand them the pet are doing project pages wrong.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I think some pages are done tastefully so they don't appear as begging.

And, if I may take this off topic a bit...I never bought any of my UCs. I traded for one and had two gifted to me by my awesome Neofriends. However, I don't feel as attached to the ones that were given to me as I am with the one I traded for. So, if I may ask, do you feel differently about the pets you traded for as opposed to buying?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/1
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think it's ridiculous how people can spend so much time chasing after neopets, and uc projects are testament to these people's lack of better things to do. These pictures don't even technically belong to you even though you're the 'owner'.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    idk man usually people just want a pet as a status symbol cause it's literally 90% of the time a really high tier uc, don't tell me ppl dont have mid tier dreampets anymore lol and going from scratch those are also hard to get imo

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aska View Post
    However, I don't feel as attached to the ones that were given to me as I am with the one I traded for. So, if I may ask, do you feel differently about the pets you traded for as opposed to buying?
    I haven't been gifted any pets or bought any (yet), but I definitely feel more attached to the ones that I've created myself than the ones I've traded for. I made a cheaply-painted ixi that I love. xD
    But if it was a long trade chain, the journey that it took to achieve the pet would definitely add sentimental value for me too.

For bought pets, I would only buy the ones that are my "dreamies", so I think I'd automatically be attached to them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Choco For This Useful Post:

Skarl (06-01-2014),trailerfish (08-12-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I judge my bought UCs by how safe I think they are, haha.
    I must be paranoid but even ones I bought months ago some of them I'm still iffy about so I just leave them and stare at them.
    Other ones I've moved and done stuff with so I like them more

I have some legit accounts though. Bought UCs are not allowed to touch those.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 3h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    @(you need an account to see links) I agree and have noticed that a bunch myself with project pages most pets are only for the status which is sad. Or like when a high end UC goes UFA and suddenly it's everyone's dream. Like that Plushie Jub that just happened. I seriously saw 5 people with it on lookups screaming ultimate dream. I just, no. A big fat no.
    @(you need an account to see links) That's the entire reason I made mine to begin with was really just for myself to keep motivation. It worked to idk how many times I wanted to give up but looking at how far I already came was motivating on it's own. idk Like I said if they are properly done which I have not seen any in a long time they can be very cool to look at. Other wise they are easily the most annoying spam around in my opinion.
    @(you need an account to see links) I have more pets I adopted and created then traded for and adore each for their own reasons. I have 2 UCs that were legitimately adopted out to me like normal and 2 bought UCs which I adore but try not to because they scare me to be completely honest lol. I keep them just hidden enough I feel they are safe but you never know when it comes to Neo. The longer I have them the safer I will feel I think but I'm going on 2 months with one and a few weeks on the other so far so we'll see!