DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    It's a funny coincidence that a conversation about the dire state of Neopets pops up on the same day that the site's former administrator and co-creator wishes death on his own creation because its community told him off for shilling.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (06-29-2023),Crooked (06-29-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (06-29-2023),Jesuslovescats (06-29-2023),Lazuli (06-29-2023),Mangle (06-29-2023),Meepit (06-29-2023),Zenitsu (06-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4d 16h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    (you need an account to see links)

I'm so out of the loop.
    Userbar by Lyrichord

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesuslovescats For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-29-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    The conversation seems to start around here: (you need an account to see links)

To make a long story short, the co-creator of Neopets showed up to the Neopets subreddit's Discord server and got into a big fight with people before getting banned.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-29-2023),Jesuslovescats (06-29-2023),Zenitsu (06-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4d 16h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    The conversation seems to start around here: (you need an account to see links)

To make a long story short, the co-creator of Neopets showed up to the Neopets subreddit's Discord server and got into a big fight with people before getting banned.
    I did a quick Google and got some good info and some photos. Not how I remember him.
    Userbar by Lyrichord

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    19d N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    major yiiiiiiiiikes... honestly not surprised adam turned into a crypto shill. feel bad for donna.. i guess adam thought he could shill not knowing most f the neofandom hates NFT/Crypto after our stint with NeoNFTs.

thank yew lyrichord for my userbar/avatar! <3

nya

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wormjaw For This Useful Post:

Jesuslovescats (06-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4d 16h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormjaw View Post
    major yiiiiiiiiikes... honestly not surprised adam turned into a crypto shill. feel bad for donna.. i guess adam thought he could shill not knowing most f the neofandom hates NFT/Crypto after our stint with NeoNFTs.
    What's good with all of the shrills and grifters these days. Do you guys think they've always been prevalent and we are more aware of them because of social media and the like?

Edit: sup new pop?
    Userbar by Lyrichord

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    7d 8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I feel like Adam and Donna got really lucky creating neopets. During the whole discord showdown be kept mentioning how people didn't believe in them for making web based games and are making fun of people that didn't believe them in saying crypto is the future.
    The kicker was that Adam popped in the discord in the middle of how "Achyfi" was pronounced. (I know he only came in because r/neopets was shitting on his new game)

As for the future of neopets, honestly? It looks grim with how management, slow updates, and rampant bugs has been. But that's not going to stop me from trying to enjoy the site as much as I can.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Hey, nice post, OP. It's not really my horse race anymore, but I did have a Neopets (and Powerpets) account once upon a time, like, *years* ago, back on 56k dialup. So, it wasn't exactly easy to play for me, and I dropped off to more static games that weren't as intensive or were off of the internet entirely (Pokemon, Digimon and AQ, hahahaha).

But honestly, I think the last time I stuck my head back into Neopets to take a look at my old account was about 6 or 7 years ago, and sweet lord was everything so expensive. As effectively a newb again, somehow the game felt like it had gone from a wading pool to the middle of the Atlantic with how everything was.

Needless to say, I flailed a bit for a couple of weeks and the dropped the game again. Pretty much for good. I can't even recover my old account anymore, actually.

I do want to say that if you're here having a rant, that does show that you do still care about the game and feel for it. Even if it's frustrating right now. Maybe one day it will improve, but it's doubtful, not when real life capitalism is on it. It's just a shame how it's grinding itself down like that. But that's honestly how everything is going these days.

Also, if their flash games are bad/broken, remember Adobe killed Flash, so that's not entirely on the Neopets team.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Honestly, neopets has survived this long because of the dedicated fanbase, even with the mass freezings that happened under JS - and the issues they've experienced.

I don't honestly forsee it going anywhere, and even staff (as lackluster as they may be at times) seem dedicated to making it work. They have a yearly booth at CC - and I think with a few fixes here and there, it'll eventually rejuvenate the site. WIll it be anything like it was in it's prime? No. But there will still be things to work towards, especially if they keep re-releasing items that were impossible to get like they did for the Advent Calendar.

As grim as it gets, I have faith it'll hang on somehow and someway.
    UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvest Goddess For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-29-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Corliss View Post
    I miss the games for sure, especially the Hannah series. I would say it’s the game that made me feel like I would enjoy games. But I stayed because of all the character creation and thankfully that’s all still possible! I so wish there was a way to get them more resources - imagine crowd sourcing the restoration of all the games? - but there are security issues you have to think about too so it won’t happen.
    I miss the Hannah games so much!! I used to play those for hours.

Also just going off what Bat said, very ironic this discussion did come up the same day as Adam pulling his weird Discord stunt. If that was really him, he's really become a wackadoo LOL what even was he saying about crypto being the "antidote to to all the world's ills" pls tell me he was trolling with that line because wut

.・✿ cherry blossom ✿・.
    ᴄᴜsᴛᴏᴍ ᴜsᴇʀʙᴀʀ ʙʏ (you need an account to see links)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocobutter For This Useful Post:

Corliss (06-30-2023)