44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m

10 Conspiracy Theories - That turned out to be true

I have been intrested in this for a while and gathered a few over the years in my bookmarks:

This is not all my stuff its mostly intresting reddit comments I saved and researched later.

1.People used to believe that Gorillas were a myth. The natives called them "Pongos" and thought they was magic.

2.The Pogues released a song called Streets of Sorrow which alleged that the men convicted of the 1975 IRA pub bombings in Birmingham were victims of a terrible miscarriage of justice. The song was judged to be supportive of terrorism and was banned from broadcast.
    The Birmingham 6 were released in 1991 after it was discovered that police tampered with and suppressed evidence.

3.Shortwave radio stations that have various sounds and numbers that people claimed at first that they were secret messages to spies but this was thought to be crazy conspiracy theory. It was later revealed that all these stations were actually Spy messages from various countries, most notably the Yosemite Sam station in the South West.

4.The biggest proven conspiracy in the UK in modern times. (you need an account to see links)
    Anyone who is british will remember this. It was a football stadium disaster where 96 football fans were killed due to the faults of others. Huge cover up ensued, victims themselves were smeared to divert blame.

5.MK-Ultra, for those who don't know, was a secret series of experiments run by the CIA on human subjects that was made public knowledge in 1975. Basically Jason Bourne in real life... If you like this you should check out the t.v show "utopia".

(you need an account to see links)

6.For years and years, people living on the west coast of Japan were just disappearing whilst going for walks on the beach.
    Consipiracies abounded that North Koreans were kidnapping people in midget submarines, to take them to train their spies in the Japanese language and culture.
    This conspiracy was ridiculed by most people in Japan. The people had clearly drowned.
    Until the North Koreans recently admitted it that is..

(you need an account to see links)

7.Gulf of Tonkin. You know, that shit that got the USA officially into the Vietnam War.

In late 2005, the National Security Agency declassified its own official history of the Gulf of Tonkin and admitted that intelligence agency officers had deliberately skewed the intelligence and claimed that Vietnamese patrol boats had attacked US Destroyers on Aug. 4th, 1964, when in reality they had done nothing even while being fired on by US forces. Exactly like the captains of the US ship had described it right after that got back into port.

8.Bobby Fischer went slowly insane thinking the KGB was out to get him.

They were.

at the time nobody believed him.

9.(you need an account to see links)

The gov't told black people they were getting free health care but they were really getting injected with syphilis and were being used as lab rats

10. Crab People.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

Demetri (02-03-2013),I_royalty_I (02-02-2013),j03 (02-03-2013),Linacake (02-02-2013),M.V.P (02-03-2013),Maison (02-03-2013),Valonse (02-03-2013),yamakracker (02-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hehe, YAY :3 this is cool,
    !'

Do you kinda believe in the Illuminati conspiracy?
    XIV♥

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I do but I am a bit skeptical that its still going on.

Same with Area 51. If these places where being used for what the conspiracys say , you would think by now that would of moved/changed the projects and kept the old stories alive as a red herring. The goverment are not stupid if they need a new location to hide things now days you would think they would go for space where no normal person can go....

Also the story about there being a higher group of people controlling the goverment does not seem that far fetched either. Don't we just call those people lobbiest now days?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    I do but I am a bit skeptical that its still going on.

Same with Area 51. If these places where being used for what the conspiracys say , you would think by now that would of moved/changed the projects and kept the old stories alive as a red herring. The goverment are not stupid if they need a new location to hide things now days you would think they would go for space where no normal person can go....

Also the story about there being a higher group of people controlling the goverment does not seem that far fetched either. Don't we just call those people lobbiest now days?
    In space? Na, there's too many eyes on space. Just put things in a hole, no one cares much about holes, or old abandoned warehouses. Put things somewhere that even if people see, they don't care.

Power stations.... Trucks with large cargo's of crap being carried back and forth all the time, reasonable security. For a nuclear plant, radio-activity cover.
    If my post helped please send $2,000,000 via PayPal!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    In space? Na, there's too many eyes on space. Just put things in a hole, no one cares much about holes, or old abandoned warehouses. Put things somewhere that even if people see, they don't care.

Power stations.... Trucks with large cargo's of crap being carried back and forth all the time, reasonable security. For a nuclear plant, radio-activity cover.
    True, I thought about it after I posted. Porbly to expensive to transport something huge to space would be cheaper to go underground or like you said .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    True, I thought about it after I posted. Porbly to expensive to transport something huge to space would be cheaper to go underground or like you said .
    Easier for the other aliens to find their mates in space too.
    If my post helped please send $2,000,000 via PayPal!