Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is it about Neopets that keeps you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I always seem to come back to Neopets. I think I've played off and on for 14 years or so. When I was younger, I liked the idea of having a virtual pet. I was never allowed to own them in real life.

As I've gotten older, I've developed an understanding of how the site works. NPs, certain items or pets, all have "value" to me because I grew up thinking these things were "valuable." I've tried similar sites - but none of the "value" items on those sites have any value to me because I never stay long enough to learn. It's hard to give up what's already familiar to me.

I love Jess

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roslyn For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-10-2015),Winona (05-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Honestly? Cheating. If I hadn't said "fuck it" and became an illegit player, I would have quit years ago.
    That and I really want to be around to see the site turn to shit. It entertains me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Creme For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Honestly? Cheating. If I hadn't said "fuck it" and became an illegit player, I would have quit years ago.
    That and I really want to be around to see the site turn to shit. It entertains me.
    lol same here. I started playing Neopets when I was 11 back in 2000, and I always end up coming back after a few years hiatus here and there despite having been frozen numerous times even when I was a legit player.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Plush View Post
    I quit Neopets years at a time and come back for a bit sometimes longer. Their communities are terrible. Guilds are terrible. Anything that involves talking to people on their site is terrible. I spent childhood wanting certain junk on that site, from avatars to painted pets. Now I'm just like? Two dollars for 1 mill NPs? Hell yeah I'll take that. I probably never earned that much legit. I used to be so hardcore about being legit as a kid. Sitting there at four in the morning hoping to RS some garbage LOL. It's a sad game but I still come back...and play their stupid games. I'm a University graduate, working as an accountant LOL. As I am typing this I actually have no idea why I came back this time? Maybe buy some NPs, get some cute pets, quit, and forget all my info all over again haha. Why I come back to Neopets is kind of like why I have been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf since it came out and to this day. It's cute, you collect stuff, which is like the hoarder's dream! I am also always curious whether as an adult now, if I can even get what I used to want as a kid legitimately. Then I think about the effort and obsessiveness I will need to attempt at say, games, legit, and then I put that thought in the back burner.
    Amen. All the social interaction on that site is trash and absolutely fake... but I still go back. I sometimes feel like I have two identities in regards to Neopets. clraik is where I have my real self and where I can talk, unfiltered, to everyone. On Neopets is where I am absolutely so nice, so positive, so happy (that's what TNT wants, right? ). I was hardcore legit as a kid also, and I turned my nose up at the idea of cheating LOL. And I'm a hoarder as well. Your last sentence is my thoughts precisely. I begin thinking, "Dang, what if I played legitly. This doesn't feel honest enough." But then I'm like "In one hour of working in RL I can buy several mil NP; whereas, if I am legit, raising even 1mil takes damn forever and I'm an adult with adult shit to take care of with that time..."

@(you need an account to see links) That's exactly why I wanted to play again recently. Sometimes, I'm just so done with the bull I see around me (people and also the stresses of daily life). Need a breather and Neopets is good for that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I just like succeeding at stuff I was terrible at when I was younger

Although Neopets does lack a lot of the stuff I enjoy from pet games (namely dynamic DNA and genetic mutations, but so far i've never really gotten anything near that from anything other than the Creatures series and the sims series, but a few other games have come close. Stuff like wajas and flight rising don't have enough content to keep me stimulated though,) the pet customization is my fav, and it makes me feel good to be good at having and making NP well into my teens when i really should be focused on other, more productive things according to American society but iduncare

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vattumannen For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've been playing neopets since about a week after I turned 10. I'll be 21 this summer and I can't imagine not having neopets in my life. It's taught me a lot of life skills, but mainly what keeps me around is the community.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    For a lot of people, they just love to use bots.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    116/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    15d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    For a lot of people, they just love to use bots.

This. LOL. =)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 3h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Honestly trading is addicting to me. Every time I think I'm set and totally happy with what I have I get some bug up my butt and decide to trade something again lol. Having joined cK certainly hasn't helped since now I can play with the UC aspect rather easily with just a few buys. XD

Over all though I love the PC and like a few have said the fact this site can be goal oriented in multiple ways depending on what you like. It's a very flexible game and I always find myself doing multiple different things on site. The fact we can also be as creative as we want with our pets helps me. I'm a creative artsy person, I always had character idea's floating in my head even when I was young and being able to share them through my own personally created Neopets art/coding/writing/gfx is just awesome to me. I think that is mainly what has me glued to this damn thing lol. I can finally free my mind if I need to.

I still haven't even fully dipped into the cheating side either. Saving that for when I REALLY get bored of Neo and feel like risking everything. XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    My pets and the community. We shit on it a lot but its better than all the other pet sites by miles.

Also the goals and events.
    [CENTER]Lazy and Paranoid