DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    yo lookingglass............................
    find your chill.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You guys are funny --
    SCf3 -- not saying you want to work for corporate america -- instead corporate america will love you as a consumer because you believe so easily what they have to say.

leap -- did not say the artwork from India is bad -- but there is no one making sure it is in the Neopets style anymore. What I am saying is that there is no one writing the copy and all you are getting are items out of India (no event-based artwork because there will no further events except recycled events). Also, if you have read everything about the changes, the content team was not "fired," they were laid off. Big difference which one of your fellow posters explained.

Everyone else -- I gave you some non-public information and said you can believe it or not. Posters demanded links. So, supporting information came up on glassdoor and I posted it for public consumption. It clearly supports some of my points. Again, take it or leave it.

And I get it, this information is going to get attacked by NP sellers because it indicates the site is in a death spiral despite Lord's proclamation to the opposite. Why will buyers spend money knowing the site will be gone in months. Sellers don't want to hear this. Hopefully, buyers are going to weigh everything and weigh the risk of their money accordingly. You are seeing a wind-down of Neopets and JS is trying to squeeze the last $$ out of everyone (as are the sellers on this site).

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

BTW, there is now a second former employee review on glassdoor.com.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lookingglass For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (03-12-2015),parakeet (03-12-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    well my friend thats where your wrong

I can qoute many people here saying that even if the site does die they will still purchase the things they always wanted at discount rates for memorabilia purposes.

Personally i don't care if it shuts down, I mean obviously i dont but its not like its gonna ruin me. Yea i can make more from neopets than most of its employees lmao

but its given me the tools to expand into other areas. It's called being smart, its called knowing the right calls, and its called common sense.

Making money is not hard, idk y the neopets and jumpstart staff are having such a hard time... I mean, you have a college degree right? I'm projected to make over 100k minimum this coming up year. And i'm only 20.... and i didn't go to college..

Good day to you ph4gg0t

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

waits for the next short story from person who cares way too much.

Like listen ph4gg0t, just leave. What is your point in being here now? You came here, stated your facts, those who will believe will believe, those who don't won't. So you sitting here trying to argue over it. Its just some little kid bullshit that no one really cares about.

I take 5 seconds to write my responses. why? Because its funny watching u freak out from me trolling you. That and I dont really care about what you have to say.

If the site is not dieing, may go mobile, but is not dieing, if it goes mobile awesome I can pay someone from India to write me a few helper apps for neopets apps and charge .99 a download.

Back to not being a dumbass pretty much. Its easy as fuck to make money online cousin.

Last edited by |2eap; 03-12-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: didnt edit, just wanted to put TROLLOLOLOL in here for the homies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Corliss (03-13-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    one Lord a leaping....

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    *Lord a-leaping

if your gonna reference something do it right

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    18d 7h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    - sorry for the english ^^; -

I don't understand why everyone is jumping against lookingglass (nor does he deserve to be called a faggot *--* geez! joke or not)
    I like seeing opinions from both sides, and even though there aren't 'concrete' proof on his side, his opinion/ claims makes some sense to me...

I don't think there are any benefits for him to lie (except to stir some drama maybe?), he does seem a bit bitter, but I like that he is still trying to tell us about a potential problem/outcome. I mean Neopets closing doesn't sound crazy to me. (perhaps they will still use the name 'neopets' but produce a different product for smart phones only.. -shrugs- but the site itself seems like it has lost it's soul)

Unless there are new contents, more staff, lots of fixing done; I would rather be careful about investing, purchasing items, pets, NC, paying for premium.

It's good that people are being optimistic !! supporting neopets is the right thing to do I think.
    But it also seems like some people are a bit denying that there are BIG problems with the site, and the lay off doesn't make it better /:

(but hey who am i to talk about this because my account is still frozen T--T i guess i have no reason to be optimistic about)
    Last edited by cibomatto; 03-12-2015 at 11:36 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cibomatto For This Useful Post:

|2eap (03-12-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by cibomatto View Post
    - sorry for the english ^^; -

I don't understand why everyone is jumping against lookingglass (nor does he deserve to be called a faggot *--* geez! joke or not)
    I like seeing opinions from both sides, and even though there aren't 'concrete' proof on his side, his opinion/ claims makes some sense to me...

I don't think there are any benefits for him to lie (except to stir some drama maybe?), he does seem a bit bitter, but I like that he is still trying to tell us about a potential problem/outcome. I mean Neopets closing doesn't sound crazy to me. (perhaps they will still use the name 'neopets' but produce a different product for smart phones only.. -shrugs- but the site itself seems like it has lost it's soul)

Unless there are new contents, more staff, lots of fixing done; I would rather be careful about investing, purchasing items, pets, NC, paying for premium.

It's good that people are being optimistic !! supporting neopets is the right thing to do I think.
    But it also seems like some people are a bit denying that there are BIG problems with the site, and the lay off doesn't make it better /:

(but hey who am i to talk about this because my account is still frozen T--T i guess i have no reason to be optimistic about)
    omg it was a troll version of it haha but ur right

I'm just a dickhead at times. It's not being optimistic but like they wanna sit here and argue with people about it. Trying to convince that because the contents coming from somewehre else that Neopets is gonna die.

Ever since 2006 Neopets content has been dead anyways. So i dont see how this is any different.

I cant stand when people bring up stuff and act like they are facts when nothing is official documentation.

It's just shitty situation they are putting themselves in.

Heres my thing, i may be saying Today Neopets is not dead, but i am not saying later on down the road it will still be here. I have my thoughts it may go completely mobile. so i'm not sitting here bashing that Neopets is gonna be alive and thrive. you can read everything i've said and see that clearly. So if neopets survives, awesome thats great. If it doesnt, oh well, I wont look like a jackass cuz i've been sitting on the fence about it.

On the flip side, this guy guarantee's its going down the shitter and that your just wasting your money and wasting your time on the site. Which is cool, but its better to keep it open to interpretation. Because now they are not only pissing off a lot of people, but when neopets doesnt shut down, all this effort they put forth to tell everyone its gonna die and bringing up all this irrelevant facts will be wasted. And ultimately making them look like a jackass.

thats my thing, thats why i'm getting defensive of the matter.

That and i felt like being a total douche canoe for a few minutes its okay though, im not a mod. I have the luxury of truly expressing myself.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (03-12-2015),Corliss (03-13-2015),Sakuras (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The fact is I put forth facts. My list of facts happened -- but as I said -- you can believe it or not. When people demanded links, I supplied links to two employee complaining about the layoffs. I can't help it if the LA Times didn't report that a small company in Torrance laid off 1/3 of their employees. I think we can all now accept that this was a layoff, not a firing. I don't know whether JS has a definite plan to shut the site down or a date for shutting it down. But they fired a lot of people and a lot of people have left. There is no content team there -- snarkie -- gone; Comastar -- gone; Dragona -- gone; Viola -- gone; Jimmy James -- gone. Yes, art is still be produced (for now) by artists in India, and we can argue about the quality, but who is instructing India on what to draw (or do you think these artist are devoted Neopets players)? Who is planning events? Neopets has always had a team of artist and a team directing content. Do you honestly think just having artist constitutes having content? Already you are seeing site contests disappear, the Neopian Times gone. I am guessing that any new art will lean even more heavily towards Neocash items.

So, when making purchasing decisions, one can draw their own conclusions based upon everything available. But because you are the Lord a leaping and make money off the site -- I am guessing your interpretation that everything is coming up roses is a bit bias as you are hoping to unload your inventory. Just like the Lord a lying. But don't take this personally, your motives are open to interpretation. Just like mine.

I frankly don't know why "pissing off people" by giving them information to consider in their buying decisions. As I have said from the beginning, they can believe me or not. And I don't get why people waiting a month to spend $200 on their dream pet is really hurting them. I get why that upsets you because it is money out of your pocket, but why not let the dust settle? All I am saying, is question what Lord wrote. Wait until the dust settles.

Hey, I still play every day. But I would not not spend a dime of real money on the site for the time being.

Sorry my posts are so threatening to your income stream.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    338/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    86d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
    The fact is I put forth facts. My list of facts happened -- but as I said -- you can believe it or not. When people demanded links, I supplied links to two employee complaining about the layoffs. I can't help it if the LA Times didn't report that a small company in Torrance laid off 1/3 of their employees. I think we can all now accept that this was a layoff, not a firing. I don't know whether JS has a definite plan to shut the site down or a date for shutting it down. But they fired a lot of people and a lot of people have left. There is no content team there -- snarkie -- gone; Comastar -- gone; Dragona -- gone; Viola -- gone; Jimmy James -- gone. Yes, art is still be produced (for now) by artists in India, and we can argue about the quality, but who is instructing India on what to draw (or do you think these artist are devoted Neopets players)? Who is planning events? Neopets has always had a team of artist and a team directing content. Do you honestly think just having artist constitutes having content? Already you are seeing site contests disappear, the Neopian Times gone. I am guessing that any new art will lean even more heavily towards Neocash items.

So, when making purchasing decisions, one can draw their own conclusions based upon everything available. But because you are the Lord a leaping and make money off the site -- I am guessing your interpretation that everything is coming up roses is a bit bias as you are hoping to unload your inventory. Just like the Lord a lying. But don't take this personally, your motives are open to interpretation. Just like mine.

I frankly don't know why "pissing off people" by giving them information to consider in their buying decisions. As I have said from the beginning, they can believe me or not. And I don't get why people waiting a month to spend $200 on their dream pet is really hurting them. I get why that upsets you because it is money out of your pocket, but why not let the dust settle? All I am saying, is question what Lord wrote. Wait until the dust settles.

Hey, I still play every day. But I would not not spend a dime of real money on the site for the time being.

Sorry my posts are so threatening to your income stream.

Still waiting for those links.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Still waiting for those links.
    Then you are really not looking.