Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about the recent immigration updates?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Water View Post
    Not trying to have a crack on anything, but your statement seems really contradictory.

However, even when they come illegally, what are the qualified for, nothing really? They can only work cash in hand jobs. They'll probably only get to work jobs that no one else really wants to do. You're completing school(possibly getting a degree?), you'll come out with the set qualifications and there really won't be much threat to you by these people coming into the country. You've still got to pay taxes regardless if these people come into the country.
    It may be, I feel like I'm just rambling at this point lol

I'm not too worried about them taking my job, but that doesn't mean it's okay. I don't look at it as, hey, I'm in a better position than them, so why not let them come in and take jobs from others. I look at it as, hey, there are probably people who are legal citizens who could have had those jobs, had there not been a cheaper (read illegal) workforce out there to fill those positions. This lack of a job opening leads to more people wanting to get on unemployment, food stamps, etc.. thus increasing the burden and costing tax payer dollars.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 17h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I don't what to think xd

I'm a mexican burrito and what I can say it is that Mexico has a really shitty government and economy (way worse than the US). We hate our president and right now we are very disappointed because for no reason the police killed 43 students. We are all really mad and I think you can see all over the news what is happening in Mexico. The thing is that this has happened from long time ago... Our economy thanks to Pe�a Nieto has been decreasing exponentially. The minimum wage in here is 5 dlls per day (5 dlls for 8 hours) some years ago was like 3 dllrs a day. The unemployment and poverty rate it is very high.That's the reason why people want to go to the US to have better opportunities and a better life quality. I think that yeah it is not fair that some people have to pay more for immigrants. What I also think it is that mexicans take more those kind of jobs that lots of people just prefer not to do, for example, working in the fields but obviously they work illegaly.

(this doesn't have exactly what you are talking about but just so you can all know the situation in here in a point of view of a mexican quesadilla xd)

This reminds me a little bit of the movie A day without mexicans lol

Last edited by nesteagf; 11-22-2014 at 02:40 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nesteagf For This Useful Post:

Foxglove (11-22-2014),I_royalty_I (11-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    If they were trying to really keep talent in America (one of the points), they could pull a Switzerland. There, they don't fine people at all. Rather for them they need verification that you have at least $1,000,000 Francs (about equivalent in USD) in assets. Then they'll grant you citizenship if you pass a background check.

It's not perfect though as other countries will let you buy citizenship for $100k-$250k to avoid taxes when your corporation is "based" there like Antigua. Though in this case it's buying vs proving asset worth which likely came from financial success.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Water View Post
    This is your view, not personally attacking. However this speak/read logic is highly flawed.

Considering the homo family extended for centuries of evolution of course the Native Americans weren't exactly there first however we are talking about immigration. So naturally assuming after the split/drifting of the supercontinent Pangaea, the homo species were then isolated on specific co-ords of the world. Specifically speaking they became the natives of the land? Language formed in civilizations such as these, therefore language = land. As development continued and "British" began to discover the land, they began to inhabit lands that did not belong to them. Did they bother to learn the appropriate languages for said land? No, they decided to rape/kill/inslave the fucking natives. I'd say people who live in firstworld countries are pretty fucking lucky.

I do understand how annoying it is when you cannot fully communicate with people, however you cant point the finger and say "Learn English". Especially when being in a country that has been filled with propaganda, this bs act "native language" is not English. English derived from Germany, hello!!!! & honestly English is not the norm for languages, Mandarin Chinese is the number 1 language spoken in the world.

And if you're not sure of who was there first, what language to speak. We can consider communicating like Red Deer Cave people or Homo floresiensis ^__^

Isn't that what happened with european settlement?
    I am miq'mac but I am not biased, the is proof that Africans were here before us by looking at land marks you can see this. Now who was there before them is anyones guess.

Also @(you need an account to see links) I can't find the statistics atm but immigrants get paid more than people on old age pension.

Edit: Found it.
    Do not apply for your old age pension. Apply to be a refugee. It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who, after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 or 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-22-2014),Water (11-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    You complain to much. Do not know what it is to have a terrible government. Come live in Brazil and then discussed.

Here governors steal on your face and not go to jail. Sadly =/

When they do not appear in videos put money in her panties. x_X
    [-SEEKING/BUYING-] UC'S AND BD'S - PAYMENT WITH NEOPOINTS LEGIT - MAIL ME YOUR PET AND YOUR PRICE

SELLING NEOPOINTS - IF YOU NEED NEOPOINTS - PM ME - SECURE NEOPOINTS

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)
    [GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to reestoquer For This Useful Post:

nesteagf (11-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by zxzero View Post
    If it's gets anything like Canadas immigration it's gonna be bad. We pay immigrants more than our own citizens who have worked all their lives. Pretty sad really. Don't get me wrong I am not against it but.. it doesn't need to be ass backwards. With that being said I do love to hear about other peoples cultures and such so it makes things interesting when talking to people at a bus stop or at a coffee shop etc.
    We need immigrants to support our economy!
    Our citizens are not making enough kids to support the boomers!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I am miq'mac but I am not biased, the is proof that Africans were here before us by looking at land marks you can see this. Now who was there before them is anyones guess.
    We are presumably from a single cell I assume a single-celled bacteria, but where the fuck that came from idk xD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Water For This Useful Post:

zxzero (11-22-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 11h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by tcas4200 View Post
    If they were trying to really keep talent in America (one of the points), they could pull a Switzerland. There, they don't fine people at all. Rather for them they need verification that you have at least $1,000,000 Francs (about equivalent in USD) in assets. Then they'll grant you citizenship if you pass a background check.

It's not perfect though as other countries will let you buy citizenship for $100k-$250k to avoid taxes when your corporation is "based" there like Antigua. Though in this case it's buying vs proving asset worth which likely came from financial success.
    I have never ever heard of that 1mil in assets. Where did you get that from? Because I thought that was Monaco.

Source: About to be granted Swiss citizenship, know lots of people that have been granted Swiss citizenship, proving that you have certain assets was never mentioned.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Also @(you need an account to see links) I can't find the statistics atm but immigrants get paid more than people on old age pension.

Edit: Found it.
    Do not apply for your old age pension. Apply to be a refugee. It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who, after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 or 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.
    That information is extremely outdated. About 2007 from what I gathered.. It also isn't a total of $2,470 a month. They receive the initial 1,890 for purchasing household essentials, the remainder is an allowance of sorts that they are given for up to a year (from what I read) while they learn English and seek employment/education.

Hypothetically, a retiree who has spent their career working in Canada will be much more well off thanks to our employment deductions. Aside from tax refunds/benefits and programs like the Trillium benefit, they also receive the organized pension plan: "In March 2013, the average monthly amount for new retirement pension (taken at age 65) was $596.66 and the maximum amount in 2013 is $1,012,50. Read more about the CPP retirement pension amounts." This comes directly from ServiceCanada. My grandparents, as well as my in-laws are comfortably retired. Also we have a good workplace legislation and benefits in Canada. Aside from the individual having their own RRSP ((you need an account to see links)) and their own savings/assets, the individual or their workplace can also setup a RPP program, a bit different than a RRSP. It's registered with the Canada Revenue Agency and from what I've learned there is a large range on the amounts individuals receive, the average is about 6,500 annually. Lastly, depending on their work history they should also have paid into CPP, Canadian Pension Place, and OAS; Old Age Security. Individuals will have had to work at least once in their lifetime to receive some support plans, but if they have never been employed then why should we even be concerned with supporting them? I'm almost positive an immigrant will work harder and contribute more to society.

The way I see it, if someone that is retired feels like they have less financial support than an immigrant who typically doesn't know much English, then it's their own fault. You had at least 30 years to finance yourself, which millions of Canadians have successfully done. The programs we have are great! Especially when you consider how life is in other countries.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JordBarb For This Useful Post:

Miri (11-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Read through the thread a bit more and I'd like to say..

I'm a white dude born in Canada, but I can see why people would want to come here.

Places like mexico are very unsafe environments for raising a family with high murder rates and huge cartel influence. Suggesting that the typical illegal immigrant is a
    - Worthless gang member
    - probably looking to sell drugs or traffic drugs
    - a leech on society

is more than borderline racist, it is racist. How would you feel if you were born in mexico and heard stories of countless opportunities in america. Lets say you are a family man or woman, you have are expecting a child, do you want them to grow up in America where they have a chance to do anything they want, or in Mexico where they will likely get caught up in drug trade?

Please attempt to put yourself in the shoes of these PEOPLE. Human beings EXACTLY like you, they have desires and dreams JUST LIKE YOU. Would you want to raise your kids in a shitty part of mexico?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tablo For This Useful Post:

Jeongyeon (11-22-2014),nesteagf (11-22-2014)