Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

My laptop screen is falling off :(

Okay so it's been loose for like a year and I kinda got it fixed but they said the hinges were broken I think so they only reduced how loose it was but it was still dangly. It got a loooot worse a while after I got it fixed and for the record they returned my laptop with speakers that no longer work. My dad suggested getting a laptop of the same kind that's being sold for parts and like putting my like hard drive thing in there??? Idk laptop terms or what that even does or means Idk if I'm ready to consider it garbage and part with it yet , I don't see a new one coming bc he just bought me a $750 phone and i'm 2 broke to get myself a new computer.
    Any suggestions !! I'm not too bothered about the speakers not working because headphones still work but I can't even close the screen properly without feeling like I'm gonna break it off. What do I do.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    15d 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Duck tape!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I just wouldn't close it. Set the settings up on the laptop to but the monitor to sleep after so long of being inactive. Otherwise I would start pricing the hinges for the laptop screen. Ebay and Amazon might just be your best friend if the price is right. There are a lot of reputable pc part stores out there and youtube could help you learn how to fix it. Try that option first before the duct tape.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've tried taping it but it's long past the point of being reparable by simple taping.
    Also even when I leave it open it's like hanging too far down and I feel like it's gonna stretch the wires inside. I've been leaving it open but it's not much of a long-term solution.
    Most YouTube videos say to like take it apart completely and I'm scared of that haha I don't mess with electronics and I've sent it in to get fixed before, idk if I'd just be wasting money on a lost cause because they tell you it's done and when you get it back there's a hundred other things wrong with it.
    Isn't there a way to transfer my stuff to a different laptop? Idk why my dad suggested it because he doesn't really know what he's talking about either but I'm hoping it's possible!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    If I was in your situation I would fashion some sort of thing to prop the screen up so you can leave it all chill on a table or something

and yeah man you can open where the hard drive is, you just need a screwdriver to open the door for the hdd, do the same on the other laptop and switch them. Did it before. is easy

u 'mirin?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Cute (09-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I have a dell inspiron doing the same thing.
    Really, transplanting the hardrive is a good idea.
    Or just replacing the casings of the screen. My lcd is broken and you can buy just the lcd, so i know you can probably buy just the case for it.
    They also have transfer cables to transfer info between computers

Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Also if it has an HDMI port on the side like they're coming out with now, you could go buy an LCD TV (19-23in should be enough) and just disable the projector to the laptop screen. I've done that with my wife's laptop when my kids stepped on it and cracked the display.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    TBH I DONT understand technical terms at all LOOL you're all getting too technical for me
    i know how to use a screwdriver thank u @(you need an account to see links) that makes sense kinda

what's an HDMI port and i don't get what you mean like would i be using my laptop's keyboard and trackpad and the display would be on a tv? so like not as easily portable right because two pieces?

what are the casings of the screen LOL please dumb things up for me sobs

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    you could get an HD computer moniter/TV and plug your laptop into the computer with the cord OR even using a traditional monitor cable if your's has it.
    This is what I do with my laptop.
    I have an external mouse and keyboard I use. So my computer is like a desktop, but its a laptop thats just broke. If you'd like a picture of my setup, let me know. I'd be glad to send you a picture.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Octopus For This Useful Post:

Puke (09-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    12d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    That's exactly what I did when my laptop screen broke, looks a little funky but works like a charm.
    And awesome siggy btw, Spirited Away is the shit.