Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think youtube could save neopets?

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Some of the guys on my guild were going to do a playthrough of Adventure Puzzle for Youtube, and even had a channel set up, and done mic testing and stuff, but..... The seller sold them a copy of the game with a used code, so they can't activate the game.

I've thought of doing some sort of Neopets related YT content, but I'm not sure what.... I mean, I know there's this channel I follow, neoguides, he does a lot of Neopets-related game tutorials and stuff, but, I mean, I don't know what would be something that is appealing to other audiences, I mean, Neo literally has nothing like, more involving, besides their in-site games, which are literally fifteen minutes stuff, and, like I've thought of an animation thing, but then, there's all the issues about making an animation, that involves from having a program, to writing a story for that animation, with characters and stuff, and then drawing it, casting people to do the voices, and then editing everything in to make a solid video, and then there's the fear of copyright infringement, and YT's annoying copyright bots that are ready to flag anything down if it even steps a toe out of the unsaid lines they have for fan stuff. It sounds so complicated, I don't know who'd be up to it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    71d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    Some of the guys on my guild were going to do a playthrough of Adventure Puzzle for Youtube, and even had a channel set up, and done mic testing and stuff, but..... The seller sold them a copy of the game with a used code, so they can't activate the game.

I've thought of doing some sort of Neopets related YT content, but I'm not sure what.... I mean, I know there's this channel I follow, neoguides, he does a lot of Neopets-related game tutorials and stuff, but, I mean, I don't know what would be something that is appealing to other audiences, I mean, Neo literally has nothing like, more involving, besides their in-site games, which are literally fifteen minutes stuff, and, like I've thought of an animation thing, but then, there's all the issues about making an animation, that involves from having a program, to writing a story for that animation, with characters and stuff, and then drawing it, casting people to do the voices, and then editing everything in to make a solid video, and then there's the fear of copyright infringement, and YT's annoying copyright bots that are ready to flag anything down if it even steps a toe out of the unsaid lines they have for fan stuff. It sounds so complicated, I don't know who'd be up to it.
    I was actually looking for a let's play of Puzzle Adventure on youtube and I couldn't find a single one. I'd really like to see that take fruition.

As for reviving neo, I don't think it will be of help alone. It would be a great way to get people to sign back in or sign up for an account, but without something to actually do people will lose interest quickly. The site isn't very newbie friendly, and with all the broken content that we have right now, many newbies aren't going to be as patient with TNT as we are.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Him For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (01-28-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    It's funny this was brought up because I was thinking of making a strategy guide for Crisis Courier and then I was like, damn, this would be easier as a video than having to take an assload of screenshots and coding them into a petpage. I just want to talk, not type a bunch of crap. But sadly I can't embed videos into neopets pages and I feel like anything left on the youtube site would just rot there.

I agree with what has been said about it putting a target on your head. Not sure I'd want to do streaming and then constantly edit out any parts where username or neopets are visible unless I was doing things on a shell I didn't care about. Even 100% legit I feel like I wouldn't want to deal with the notoriety of TNT possibly icing me for drawing people offsite.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Nah don't think so.
    Neopets is pretty much screwed by the new developers/GMs/host or whatever.

The whole website is outdated, there's a lack of general direction in the game.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    To be honest, I highly doubt it. A lot of the suggestions are awesome, but they've been done before and to be fair they've been done with moderate success. I believe there are around 4-5 complete full Let's Plays of Neopets: The Darkest Faerie, and some aren't even too old. So that's really awesome to see. A lot of the videos I see for the actual Neopets site aren't super popular, and most of them are just of people reaching high scores. I've been working on a series myself that I'll probably make a separate thread for, but it's definitely just for fun lol. I wouldn't expect obscene amount of views anyways.
    But one of the best videos I've seen on Neopets has been a 2-parter by "The Watcher of the 2000's"
    Definitely heightened some peoples interest in the game, although nearly not enough.
    Link here: (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I watch YouTubers all the time!I believe if the the right YouTubers make videos about neo pets then it could be saved. Maybe people like pewdiepie

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by I Love You View Post
    I watch YouTubers all the time!I believe if the the right YouTubers make videos about neo pets then it could be saved. Maybe people like pewdiepie
    Oh god no. That kid is the most annoying piece of shit in the internet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Mophead (02-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    The Fine Bros can save neopets (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Paopu View Post
    It's actually surprising that two of the people I watch on youtube has mentioned or even streamed being on neopets. (you need an account to see links)
    That made me laugh too Hard/loud and it's 4am x_x
    Last edited by Accelerator; 02-05-2016 at 04:11 AM.

(you need an account to see links)

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Accelerator For This Useful Post:

Binah (02-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
    Oh god no. That kid is the most annoying piece of shit in the internet.

Yes at times he can be annoying but he is really funny. He has a lot of followers and if they see someone like pewdiepie playing neo pets they will also play neo pets. That is the point. To get people to play neo pets

13. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love You For This Useful Post:

Corliss (02-05-2016)

Top ♥ Idol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    25d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I'm very good at video editing. I can use professional software and stuff but I really don't want to put the names of my accounts out there and I hate speaking in front of nothing xD