Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why would you sell from active accounts?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    35d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Hack or be hacked

2. The Following User Says Thank You to katix For This Useful Post:

Cabbage (11-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    So you're saying someone stealing $500 from you is going to fly because it's "game over"?
    That's like someone walking into my house, taking my PS4, selling it for profit and me
    just shrugging it off because well, it was just a game haha. Could it have been avoided by
    updating their info? Sure, but there are some people who are completely oblivious to those
    sorts of black market rules because Neo doesn't clearly remind users that they need to keep the
    email associated with their accounts active so that they can avoid their accounts being compromised.

I've (unfortunately for my bank account) spent hundreds of dollars on inactive UCs, and if someone hacked my account and stole
    my pets, I'd be very upset.

I'm not judging people that take actives, I mean do your thang. But I don't think it's
    right to say that those users "deserve it" because they didn't keep their information updated.
    I'm absolutely not saying these people deserve it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by katix View Post
    Hack or be hacked
    ^this

it's a game. if you truly care that much change your pw every day and keep your email in check etc etc..

Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Even accounts I don't care about are kept in check. Active accounts are just as good as inactive, just with more risk. I've taken many active accounts and I do it because I can. If I wasn't able to, I wouldn't be doing it. There's no need to make this into such a big deal.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    this escalated for no reason.
    The rule of the game or any game you play, hack or be hacked.
    You can compare it to real life if you want, but its not real life. And even if it were, someone got one over on you? All you can do is report it to the police (file a ticket) and let them catch the person. Goes hand and hand.

Now the fact about moral and honor. Their is no honor amongst thieves. Which is sad, but true.
    I like to think i can trust everyone here, but truth is I dont trust anyone as far as I can throw them. Only a few people here have proven their honor and respect to me.

So ya is stealing from actives a good thing and make you feel like a good person? No. But if you dont do it, someone else will. Not even people from here, there are a lot of standalone hackers out there.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I mean i run into other peoples storage shells all the time. What am I gonna do? track down the owner and give it back to them or am I gonna skip around saying jackpot?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    19d 17h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    I'm absolutely not saying these people deserve it.
    I didn't mean you specifically, just in general.
    Sorry that it came off that way.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    this escalated for no reason.
    The rule of the game or any game you play, hack or be hacked.
    You can compare it to real life if you want, but its not real life. And even if it were, someone got one over on you? All you can do is report it to the police (file a ticket) and let them catch the person. Goes hand and hand.

Now the fact about moral and honor. Their is no honor amongst thieves. Which is sad, but true.
    I like to think i can trust everyone here, but truth is I dont trust anyone as far as I can throw them. Only a few people here have proven their honor and respect to me.

So ya is stealing from actives a good thing and make you feel like a good person? No. But if you dont do it, someone else will. Not even people from here, there are a lot of standalone hackers out there.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I mean i run into other peoples storage shells all the time. What am I gonna do? track down the owner and give it back to them or am I gonna skip around saying jackpot?
    I don't really think it escalated, I think this is a topic that has a lot of strong opinions is all. I thought the point of this thread was for
    an open debate/discussion.
    Anything that involves actual currency in extreme amounts like mentioned before becomes real life.

I'm not degrading anyone's opinion on the subject.

Damn, I'm not trying to be the bad guy here lmao.
    Last edited by Lotus; 11-01-2014 at 09:05 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lotus For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (11-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 19h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
    ^this

it's a game. if you truly care that much change your pw every day and keep your email in check etc etc..
    You don't even have to go that far don't let your email expire and change your pw once in a while lol. People need to start doing this with many thing because there is always someone waiting to take anything they can get from you. Sad as it is that's life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    @(you need an account to see links) it wasn't directed towards you bud, I promise.
    It was a general statement towards everyone on this thread. Not really a point in discussing it, its been discussed so many times. And no matter what people say, it's still going to happen. So everyone getting bent out of shape over it just is not needed.

I can understand why people would be upset, but like i said, its the same thing just another turn of the wheel. And every time the conclusion comes down to, are you doing what you need to do to protect your own things.

It's hacked or be hacked, its the motto. Although i'm not a legit player, I get things taken from me that I have spent money on. I can guarantee i've spent more on neo than everyone on this thread combined. Granite I make it all back and some.
    But everyday something of mine probably gets taken. Ive had people offer me my own stuff before lol something i paid for.
    All i said was haha i already have that acct, showed them the login credentials and left it be cuz they got me, they hacked into my stuff and i didnt do what i needed to do to keep it from being hacked into. so who was to blame? Them or myself?

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

oh and your an upper carolina eh? like @(you need an account to see links)
    i'm your bottom half

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Air (11-05-2014),Lotus (11-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    19d 17h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I totally understand where you're coming from! Sorry to seem so defensive, I think having my own account compromised before
    scarred me for Neo life.

Aw I didn't know @(you need an account to see links) was from NC as well!
    I have family in Charleston, the Carolinas are pretty much the best.
    I hope you're a Carolina Hurricanes fan : D

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lotus For This Useful Post:

Air (11-05-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

I totally understand where you're coming from! Sorry to seem so defensive, I think having my own account compromised before
    scarred me for Neo life.

Aw I didn't know @(you need an account to see links) was from NC as well!
    I have family in Charleston, the Carolinas are pretty much the best.
    I hope you're a Carolina Hurricanes fan : D
    shes my original upper carolina. i'm the better half though