21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Digipoop View Post
    I really used to love reading the editorial. It's the first thing I would check out, then the comics. I don't like what it has become now.

Is the mr.coconut meme still funny/cute for anyone? I'm very honestly curious, no sarcasm - it's just that it gets brought up so randomly.
    tbh as someone who was last active when that meme was born... it does warm my heart a little to see it still being thrown around (that being said, all the *gives cookies* etc. etc. could kindly be left behind in the previous decades XD)

of course none of this matters in the face of such glaring and still abysmal letdown of proper prioritization and preparedness for... everything. and the lackluster editorials sting more than soothe, imo, more often than not.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-30-2021),basically (01-30-2021),bootiesrus (02-13-2021),cooldan94 (01-31-2021),Digipoop (01-30-2021),Goddammit (01-30-2021),Goxar (01-30-2021),kittyray (01-30-2021),Prose Edda (02-13-2021),Stardust (02-01-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I wonder what will happen if people will stop asking the uninteresting questions. Will TNT be forced to answer the serious ones, or will they still find a way to get away from it?
    Another disappointing editorial...

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Autobot (01-30-2021),Erik. (01-30-2021),Goxar (01-30-2021),Nyanobyte                      (01-30-2021),Sakuras (01-30-2021)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Big editorial incoming!

I was just wondering if,since you�ve been so AWESOME in allowing us to be ourselves gender wise,if you�d be willing to allow our pets the same freedom of gender choices? I know that myself and others that have other selected as their gender would be very much appreciative. I definitely know that MrCreosote would be EXTREMELY indebted to the AWESOMENESS that is TnT. ~~ketheryvis
    Yes, for sure! We are currently working on the Create-a-Pet redesign and that's one thing we absolutely want to include moving forward. There are some things we need to think through first, such as how to allow users to update existing pets' genders, but it is something we do want to bring to the site soon. ~~gutterfoot

I miss being able to see my fill neopet image on the side of all the pages! Seeing the little circle is just ... not doing it for me. Is there a way we can pin the left side bar to stay on all the pages so I can look at my beautiful pets (and see the clock) at all times? ~~moon_hates_you
    We did recently update the header nav to include the clock if you're on a large enough device. As for pinning the profile menu permanently, it is something the team has discussed and is trying to find solutions for! ~~gutterfoot

Hi TNT! I appreciate all the work you've been putting into the new mobile-friendly site, it is obviously such a massive undertaking and you can't make everyone happy, but I hope we all get used to it as more of the site is finished! I do have one thing I'd like to request, though. On the main page, we can no longer see our pets' full customizations as many zones are missing. Having spent loads of my own money (and time!) on my extravagant NC customizations, it is quite a bummer to not see them in their full glory as I used to on the side of the page or in quick ref. Additionally, many of my pets have outfits on specifically to match the rest of the items that are missing and it looks very strange out of context with them all on the same backdrop! Would you please update this section so we can see all the awesome items we put on our pets? ~aurorium
    You can see your pets full customization of your active pet in the side menu by clicking the thumbnail of your pet in the upper left corner, and for any of your pets by clicking on them on the homepage to bring up their pet card. We know that the animated versions aren't currently available in either of these views quite yet, but will be coming in a later release. Also, the quick ref page is still accessible at the moment. We're always considering further tweaks, and appreciate your feedback! ~van Doodle

Hi TNT! Will we have a chance to test the converted Altador Cup games before the matches start, or will any bugs be part of the fun this year? ~~i_love_latin
    Fingers crossed the plan is to get them into the games room for users to test out before Altador Cup. Keep an eye out! ~~gutterfoot

Hello. I was wondering whether we will have events like Altador Cup or Daily Dare this year, given the conversion. ~~catsncrows
    Altador Cup is definitely happening this year. As mentioned above, we've had the games is the process of conversion for a while now and are hoping to get them out earlier to test. As for Daily Dare, we are hoping to have a good chunk of games added to the Games Room soon, so fingers crossed! ~~gutterfoot

Hello! I saw someone on the board talking about how the limit for the closet (650) would now be enforced. I regularly buy new clothing items, and I'm not really sure I'll be able to juggle putting in what I want and taking out what I'm not currently needing. It also seems counter intuitive to have this limit when new items are coming out every day. Can the limit please be taken away, I've never had issues with it before. ~~brynchilla
    The closet limit isn't being enforced, but we did post a reminder that it has always existed. Due to the loading times with the new customization app, it was recommended that users who are having issues try trimming down their closets. ~~gutterfoot

Hi! Thank you for the recent changes in support of your LGBTQIA+ users. I'm not sure if this has been considered yet, but it would be great for us to (optionally) be able to display pronouns on the neoboards + our ULs in addition to our gender. ~~aurorium
    Completely agree, that would be great! I'll talk to the team about adding it to the Neoboards once we do our second pass on them. As for ULs, it may be a little bit before we get them on our schedule but I'll make sure it's discussed there as well! ~~gutterfoot

Hi TNT. I was wondering if it would be possible to make stats earned when completing kitchen quests go to your active pet, just like faerie quests do? Thanks! ~~ruuff
    Great suggestion! We're actually working on Kitchen Quest right now, so I'll tell the team to take a look. ~~gutterfoot

Hi TNT! It is with a heavy heart I humbly request a new feature during this revamp... I think I am one among many who would like to see some more security or warning for people who are mass discarding or donating items on the Quick Stock page. Two options could be: adding a PIN for discarding/donating, and also simply adding a secondary warning message. It is a bit too easy to mindlessly ignore the warning, and suddenly your items are just, in the void! Thanks for your consideration and all you do. ~~freehanded
    I think that's an excellent call. Since we already used pins in the bank and in pet trades, I don't see why we couldn't add it to quick stock as an option. ~~gutterfoot

Hi TNT! Do you have any plans to make a Valentine's Day themed layout in the new mobile friendly style? I haven't heard of one already existing, and it's my favorite site theme. ~~erenjg
    It's out now! Go check it out. c: Hope you like it! ~~gutterfoot

Help! My Eyries seems to have gotten hit by a shrinking ray! They look much smaller than other pet species on the Beta home page. Is there a way to unshrink and return them to their previous glory? (And thank you for your continual hard work on the Beta conversion.) ~elbereth_elentari
    The relative sizes of pets on the homepage is based on how they appear in customization. Believe it or not, Eyrie's really are smaller than Draiks based on that benchmark. Don't even get me started on canonical heights, things get pretty crazy! ~van Doodle

How often does TNT look at the topics on the Ideas & Suggestions board? There are quite a few great suggestions there that I would love to hear staff's input on, such as the potential for a NC-based trading post and doing a week-long More for Less event to send off the flash games. Thanks! ~belindaword
    Some of us check the boards on a near-daily basis, and we love seeing your suggestions! Unfortunately, we can't do even all of the best suggestions all the time. ~van Doodle

Hi TNT! I started playing more on mobile, and I've found that it's rather irritating taking NP out of my shop till, because the overall viewing area is very small, and the amount is displayed to the left of the till. So I have to zoom in, scroll left, read the amount, then scroll right to enter how much I want to withdraw. Can you make a temporary fix by centering the amount so it appears over the till? If not, is this at least something you're looking into fixing? (Waiting on the "Withdraw All" option, too!) Thanks! ~lil_jen_aside
    Thanks for the heads up! We updated that for the bank, and we'll be sure to do so for Kelp once we convert it. ~van Doodle

If you have your account gender set to "Other", Kelp will still use male pronowns. Can you get that fixed? ~jdb1984
    Thanks for the heads up! We updated that for the bank, and we'll be sure to do so for Kelp once we convert it. ~van Doodle

The flash apocalypse seems to have ignored me as my flash player is still working without any issues. My desktop is still using Windows XP. Is it okay for me to continue using my flash player to play neopets games ? ~~neo__rainbow

I want to know if it alright to use on classic neopets flash games thru the use of third-party flash emulators. If so, if it also safe to submit scores thru those third-party flash emulators which is also used on other flash based sites officially or this might result in account freeze? I know the staff knows what emulator I am referring to is rhyme with waffles. ~jomarcenter2012
    We definitely don't recommend it anymore, as Flash support has generally been continued even if there are workarounds. ~~gutterfoot

Officially, we don�t recommend using Flash emulators to play the old games, specifically because many of them create security vulnerabilities that we can�t protect you against, and some will break the visual layout of the beta site. That said, you won�t be punished or frozen for submitting scores with a Flash workaround! (Unless any additional tampering with score manipulation is being used) ~~pinkslorg

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-13-2021),Ariealle (02-13-2021),Autobot (02-12-2021),Buizel (02-14-2021),♥ Decepticon ♥ (02-13-2021),Digipoop (02-12-2021),Erik. (02-13-2021),Fabulous (02-13-2021),fs2110 (02-12-2021),Ice (02-12-2021),kittyray (02-12-2021),Prose Edda (02-13-2021),TsUNaMy WaVe (02-14-2021),Zapdos (02-13-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    339 times
    Time Online
    79d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    I miss being able to see my fill neopet image on the side of all the pages! Seeing the little circle is just ... not doing it for me. Is there a way we can pin the left side bar to stay on all the pages so I can look at my beautiful pets (and see the clock) at all times? ~~moon_hates_you

We did recently update the header nav to include the clock if you're on a large enough device. As for pinning the profile menu permanently, it is something the team has discussed and is trying to find solutions for! ~~gutterfoot
    Got your solution right here, @(you need an account to see links) fixed it in five minutes, in a cave, using a box of scraps

you know when someone asks "why are you so dressed up"
    and you have to literally explain to them that this is who you are

asking the important questions

thanks @extraterrestrial for capturing my essence

anyway here's my petpet

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fabulous For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-13-2021),Ariealle (02-13-2021),Autobot (02-14-2021),Buizel (02-14-2021),cornishwall (02-14-2021),♥ Decepticon ♥ (02-13-2021),Erik. (02-13-2021),kittyray (02-13-2021),Nyanobyte                      (02-15-2021),Prose Edda (02-13-2021),Stardew (02-13-2021),teslagirl (02-13-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    Got your solution right here, @(you need an account to see links) fixed it in five minutes, in a cave, using a box of scraps

Can't overexpress how much I love this userscript, absolutely worth paying the eight bucks to get clraik+.

IN A CAVE!!!!!!! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also always good to hear that they won't mcfucking ban people just for continuing to play Flash games/Flash dailies; that's the reasonable answer, but we all know how Neopets be.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Prose Edda For This Useful Post:

kittyray (02-13-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Big editorial indeed. It's nice they actually addressed some real concerns this time.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Next edition coming up! I wish Gutterfoot and van Doodle answered questions more often.

I have been fighting cancer for the last three years but never mentioned it on the boards as I figured it might not be something people want to hear about when they are trying to play a game to get away from real life issues. So my question is, if someone is ill in real life, how much if anything is someone allowed to say on Neopets boards or Neomails to explain why you might not be on for a while to friends who play Neopets? Also there is covid, flu, colds, etc., going around. My feeling is its best to not bring these up on Neopets since its a game to get away from real life problems, but I wondered if Neopets has an official stance on mentioning illness on Neopets. If you answer please leave my name out and feel free to edit out anything you don't want to include.
    Hi, You are right, it's best to avoid all discussion of real world health issues, if you happen to mention you are sick that's fine but avoid going into details about the sickness or the treatments so Neopets is a place to escape real life.

Hello TNT! Like many others, I was quite happy when you announced the site was now friendly toward the LGBTQ+ community. Today I decided on a pet name I wanted that included the word "gay" and attempted to create him on a side account. Imagine my surprise when I was unable to create this pet! After a bit more research, I found out this wasn't just a pet problem. Petpages, for example, cannot include the word gay. Can you please, please adjust the filters for us? ~~whiffet
    Hi, Sorry this is still being worked on. Even though this is allowed, the filters are being extremely stubborn and not allowing us to remove that specific word. Hopefully, we will be able to get this corrected soon.

Hello, TNT. Recently it came to my attention that apparently pets named after medical terminology are considered inappropriate and are not allowed on the site. Yet I have seen a good number of pets, both UC and non, named after all sorts of medical and anatomical terms. Does that mean there are only certain medical terms, say, copyrighted prescription names or potentially controversial disease names, that are disallowed, while more general names like medical procedures or names referring to certain parts of the body are more accepted? Or is it a blanket 'no' for any pet named after anything medical, save for grandfathered pets? ~~ezel68
    No, there are no exceptions to this, if there are some pets out there which were missed in the filters you are welcome to report them to be checked however if they were created before the cutoff date in 2007 then they would be considered grandfathered.

Hi TNT! With changing the allowed topics on the boards, I wondered if it's allowed to say GLS (like good luck selling) again? btw thanks for destroying my innocent little gls bubble before.. ~~damiria
    You have always been able to say GLS, this has never been a rule, unless you are only saying GLS with no other contribution to the conversation and are advertising for the BC or CC entry. Otherwise, have fun wishing people luck with their sales.

Before silencing was a punishment, people who said something offensive would have their account frozen. Would you consider giving back accounts which were frozen before silences were a punishment on the condition that they be perma-silenced? (Please leave my username out if this gets answered) ~~Anonymous
    Hello, this is already being done in some situations, however there are some situations where the offense might have been a chat violation, but it would still require the account to be frozen. So sadly, not all accounts frozen for chat related violations would be eligible to be unfrozen in exchange for a permanent silence.

HAPPY THOUGHTS
    Hey there! Recently I've seen a lot of criticism of the update both on the website and off, but I really have to say that you're all doing a great job. I love the art updates and new small features like the resubmit button on the Shop Wizard, and the Healing Springs being one page instead of two. I'm really glad to see this website I've loved for so long become something greater as flash has ended. Thank you all!! - ging_bob
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 02-19-2021 at 06:01 PM.

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-19-2021),Ice (02-19-2021),Zapdos (02-19-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    As a chronically ill person, I'm glad to hear that casual mentions of illness are okay. I totally get not wanting discussions of symptoms and treatments (even if I understand wanting to speak about it in spaces that feel safe) because that can get pretty intense, but during the rare times I've gotten chatty on the boards, I've had made sure to self-censor.

The pet name thing seems like it's just going to be hard to enforce. I feel like it's not uncommon to see pets advertised as "RW Medical Term" or something (at least in my sporadic lurking) and they can't all have been made before 2007.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Hello, TNT. Recently it came to my attention that apparently pets named after medical terminology are considered inappropriate and are not allowed on the site. Yet I have seen a good number of pets, both UC and non, named after all sorts of medical and anatomical terms. Does that mean there are only certain medical terms, say, copyrighted prescription names or potentially controversial disease names, that are disallowed, while more general names like medical procedures or names referring to certain parts of the body are more accepted? Or is it a blanket 'no' for any pet named after anything medical, save for grandfathered pets? ~~ezel68
    No, there are no exceptions to this, if there are some pets out there which were missed in the filters you are welcome to report them to be checked however if they were created before the cutoff date in 2007 then they would be considered grandfathered.
    Haven't they totally deleted pets that were UC (and thus pre 2007) that had names they now deem inappropriate? Wasn't there recently a Korbat named BloodKnight or something that got deleted because of the word "blood"?

I'm really glad to see this website I've loved for so long become something greater as flash has ended. Thank you all!! - ging_bob
    Become something greater...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Haven't they totally deleted pets that were UC (and thus pre 2007) that had names they now deem inappropriate? Wasn't there recently a Korbat named BloodKnight or something that got deleted because of the word "blood"?

Become something greater...
    Iirc it was BloodNight and the pet was reinstated! I think they�re being a bit more lenient on �blood� names now, but yeah there definitely have been older pets deleted for moderately innocuous names. It just really seems like a very case by case basis at the end of the day, much like TNT�s bipolar decision making habits. >_>

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Page 62 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast