Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

TNT just dropped my ticket?

I sent in a ticket a while back to try and regain access to a really old account of mine I found still rotting away on the site.

I sent several email options it could have been as well as passwords, birthdates, etc. I mean like 30+ different things altogether. They paid no attention to the passwords or birthdays it had, just the email. Which I cannot for the life of me remember. I was like 9 or 10. Who knows.

Anyway, it boiled down to the NC purchase history blahblahblah. To which I answered, because it is true, that I bought nothing on that account. It hadn't even been logged into in 10 years. Customization was just a budding idea still in someone's brain at that point. I got a generic response about how they're trying to protect the original owner (which actually is me) and since I didn't tell them the email, they don't think I'm the original owner. This answer wasn't incorrect though, so I don't understand their decision.

I do see, however, that the avatar isn't the default Neo star. Avatars weren't even around yet the last time I logged into it. Could someone have grabbed the email since it was most likely an unreg? They didn't do anything with the account besides change the avatar though, even the login is still considered a long, long time ago.

Should I try another ticket?
    Any advice?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    22d 1h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    If you know potential passwords and birthdates, why not try to login yourself? :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I tried a couple of times, I'm just impatient. I get locked out after 3 tries and there's so many combinations it could be! I suppose if my tickets fail, then I won't have a choice haha.

And there's always the possibility that I changed my password on a whim and have no recollection of it whatsoever. You've been a 9 year old, I assume lol. Our brains work in weird ways at that point!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    22d 1h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    I tried a couple of times, I'm just impatient. I get locked out after 3 tries and there's so many combinations it could be! I suppose if my tickets fail, then I won't have a choice haha.

And there's always the possibility that I changed my password on a whim and have no recollection of it whatsoever. You've been a 9 year old, I assume lol. Our brains work in weird ways at that point!
    Yeah, I know that. The nine-year-old shame!

I don't think TNT will give you your account back tbh. More work for them.

I once had a similar problem, only on my account I wrote my first name, middle school (lol), AND included a picture of myself on the lookup (I wasn't smart). I submitted a ticket to TNT with my middle school ID and they still didn't believe me without the email. And this wasn't even a good account.

I ended up trying for almost a year but I did get into my account when I guessed the birthday.

Tbh I'd probably nix the ticket idea. Get a birthday crack from @(you need an account to see links). It'll cost you $10 but at least you'll only have to check passwords after that. In fact you should message him anyway because he might even have your account on a list somewhere :3 (He had my friend @(you need an account to see links)'s! But sadly it purged.)

Be warned though because, like Tato's, the account might have already purged, and TNT definitely wouldn't help with you there. Even if it appears to you like it didn't, TNT has a different system.

That being said, I'd really go with the $10 birthday crack and see if that helps. Good luck, dear <3

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parakeet For This Useful Post:

AskJeeves (07-10-2014),Bettser (07-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hey thanks! I had already started a second ticket before posting this, I'll see if I have any luck there. If not, I'll definitely look into that. Although I'm pretty sure I know the birthday, maybe I'll start getting technical and keep track of the password combinations I've tried and that have failed.

Thanks again @(you need an account to see links)!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shiver For This Useful Post:

parakeet (07-10-2014)