Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering View Post
    well i dunno. kinda makes sense that people with anxiety flock to places like neopets and neopets forums dont you think.
    escapism and the like. i know i used neopets because i liked talking to people without the fear of face to face interaction.
    people with anxiety go where people understand anxiety, such as here. youre not really strange, just... not part of the group that use neopets as a form of escapism i suppose.
    not that thats a bad thing, but it definitely doesnt mean youre like, weird or anything. if anything just be fuckin glad you dont live with an anxiety disorder.

im generally neutral too, i just have a side of "OH GOD EVERYTHING IS TERRIFYING" no matter what i do. i can be as neutral as i like and still be horrified by everything. its a weird existence, being both completely emotionless but also completely neurotic.
    hmm yeah everything you say makes sense to me.

Only thing I don't understand how some people on Neo are 'so-anxious-oh-my-god-help-me'-like, but are a bitch and think they are everything at the same time, if you understand what I mean.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post

Only thing I don't understand how some people on Neo are 'so-anxious-oh-my-god-help-me'-like, but are a bitch and think they are everything at the same time, if you understand what I mean.
    yeah. usually inferiority complexes i suppose. they act like theyre the shit because they have bad self esteem... or theyre just faking an anxiety disorder for pity/an excuse to say what they like.
    i used to act like a massive tool because of my anxiety, now i just cant... because of my anxiety. im scared people will hate me and try to kill me irl if i big myself up lmfao.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post

Simple, they're just desperate for attention they aren't getting in real life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    If I am going somewhere new to meet people that are unfamiliar, I feel somewhat anxious until I poop. Then I'm ready.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    7d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Smoking weed makes my anxiety 100 times worse! I have been smoking for years, but a lot of the time I get very anxious and feel like my heart is racing. I usually only hit it once or twice when I do smoke. Something that has helped my anxiety is neurontins. It's not a narcotic or an anti-depressant, so when I run out or forget to take it, it doesn't make my anxiety or depression worse and it's not addictive. My boyfriend's dad let me try it a few times when I stayed with them and it helped a lot so I asked my Dr. for it. He was surprised because it's not generally prescribed for that. It's for seizures/bi-polar disorder/nerve pain. Which, honestly, I think I am somewhat bi-polar, but never been diagnosed. Just wanted to post my thoughts on it. xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by enembe View Post
    Smoking weed makes my anxiety 100 times worse! I have been smoking for years, but a lot of the time I get very anxious and feel like my heart is racing. I usually only hit it once or twice when I do smoke. Something that has helped my anxiety is neurontins. It's not a narcotic or an anti-depressant, so when I run out or forget to take it, it doesn't make my anxiety or depression worse and it's not addictive. My boyfriend's dad let me try it a few times when I stayed with them and it helped a lot so I asked my Dr. for it. He was surprised because it's not generally prescribed for that. It's for seizures/bi-polar disorder/nerve pain. Which, honestly, I think I am somewhat bi-polar, but never been diagnosed. Just wanted to post my thoughts on it. xD
    I have actually heard this before. My friend won't touch weed because of this, she tried it and had an anxiety attack from it.. I find it crazy because I am the opposite. It calms me down immensely, especially indicas. I had an issue with a sativa once, it was like freaking speed to me for some reason. I had a really rapid heartbeat. A gram of this stuff was 30 when it is supposed to be 20 because it was such good quality though, I just think it was because I am not used to such potent quality.. not sure. Never had an issue with it though besides that. It really has been a godsend for me. I have had to function without it though for the last like, two months and it has been insufferable.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    7d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    I have actually heard this before. My friend won't touch weed because of this, she tried it and had an anxiety attack from it.. I find it crazy because I am the opposite. It calms me down immensely, especially indicas. I had an issue with a sativa once, it was like freaking speed to me for some reason. I had a really rapid heartbeat. A gram of this stuff was 30 when it is supposed to be 20 because it was such good quality though, I just think it was because I am not used to such potent quality.. not sure. Never had an issue with it though besides that. It really has been a godsend for me. I have had to function without it though for the last like, two months and it has been insufferable.
    Yeah, last weekend my brother and his girlfriend offered to smoke with me and I only hit it once, from a bong... But they only buy dro and I had been drinking, too. I felt so anxious I had to walk away from everyone. It was like I was having ADHD times a thousand! I was trying to have like 25 different thoughts all at once and I started freaking out really bad. I tried watching TV and it helped a little, until the commercial... Then I convinced myself that my throat was closing in and I couldn't breathe. lol I felt so ridiculous because I went and got my brother, his girlfriend and my boyfriend and was freaking out in front of them all. Have you ever heard of synthetic weed? That stuff that used to come in the little jars that got banned? That happened to me multiple times when I smoked that, I swore I was dying and having tunnel vision and all kinds of stuff from that. But when I smoked last weekend, it was even worse than that. I haven't smoked since then, I'm kind of scared to now even though I've been smoking since like 2006.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 10h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ugh. Panic attacks are the fucking worst.

Has anyone here tried diaphragmatic breathing? It stimulates something called your vagus nerve which interrupts your fight or flight response.

I've found it quite effective.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    2d 14h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yup.
    Doctors asked if I wanted meds but I said no because I already have to take too many and they make my head spin so I'd just rather not.
    Like you I normally put music on or try and distract myself by doing anything I can really - watching movies or playing games mainly.
    My parents don't really understand it so it's kinda hard at home when I get sessions of it, but, there's not much I can do about it.
    Question for OP, a friend of mine also uses weed to help hers, would you recommend it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by enembe View Post
    Smoking weed makes my anxiety 100 times worse! I have been smoking for years, but a lot of the time I get very anxious and feel like my heart is racing.
    I've actually noticed smoking weed is making me very anxious and unhappy. Lately, it's been getting worse... :/
    I'm glad the medication is working for you.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Yoga helped me a lot with anxiety and stress, but unfortunately, I don't have much time to do it anymore. I'm still trying to figure out what would be best for me at this point. I used to take Xanax for awhile.. it kind of helped?

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cherryboychaser View Post
    Ugh. Panic attacks are the fucking worst.
    I used to have panic attacks that were terrible, it's been awhile since I've had one luckily... One time, I couldn't breathe and my friend called the ambulance and I had to be put on oxygen. I was hyperventilating and all this shit.
    Never heard of that breathing technique but I'm going to look into it. Thanks!
    Last edited by Teal; 07-01-2015 at 07:51 PM.