Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 16h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    On one hand I understand people who are disappointed their UC pets are losing value, but honestly... I read somewhere that nearly 50% of UC are either genned, replicated by support, stolen or what have you. Is there really a way to tell wether someone's UC was really "legit" and "valuable"? Probably not.

So while I do agree that "elitism" should be part of Neopets and "rare items", "rare pets" or "impressive expensive accounts" should stay part of Neopets, the problem is they were never rare or impressive to begin with. 80% of all these UC, SuAP, elite BD items, stamps, cards, avatars, expensive NC etc. were obtained illegitimately (genned by hackers like neo_ truth who have access to code, stolen, replicated by support to really convincing liars, duped etc. etc.).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bakery For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-22-2024),howdy (01-22-2024),Sakuras (01-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by bakery View Post
    On one hand I understand people who are disappointed their UC pets are losing value, but honestly... I read somewhere that nearly 50% of UC are either genned, replicated by support, stolen or what have you. Is there really a way to tell wether someone's UC was really "legit" and "valuable"? Probably not.

So while I do agree that "elitism" should be part of Neopets and "rare items", "rare pets" or "impressive expensive accounts" should stay part of Neopets, the problem is they were never rare or impressive to begin with. 80% of all these UC, SuAP, elite BD items, stamps, cards, avatars, expensive NC etc. were obtained illegitimately (genned by hackers like neo_ truth who have access to code, stolen, replicated by support to really convincing liars, duped etc. etc.).

I think UCs losing 'value' in the sense you may be meaning is the last thing I've seen people worried about.

It's TNT changing people's pets pretty fundamentally by converting them, and changing how they interact with them by stopping them from being traded as they are (effectively splitting them into a pet and a clothing item) that I think moooost people are reacting to. People aren't overly concerned about pets losing value - introducing NCUC would have done that anyway, but they could have kept NCUC (the item) distinct from UC (the pet) -- which is what they've consistently said they would do.

And re: 50 percent of UC's being stolen, genned, replicas etc - they didn't lose value due to that because they're still intrinsically a UC pet. It made no difference to whether you could trade them etc. So it's a very different thing.
    Last edited by birdies; 01-22-2024 at 08:02 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

bakery (01-22-2024),DarkSkies (01-22-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I understand that this significantly disrupts the pet trading economy, but the complaints about it very much have the same tone as people who say we shouldn't forgive student debt "because what about all the people who paid it off before then?" Like ok yes it's a loss in that way, but it's a major boon to everyone. Even moreso here, because the person who is hanging on to jellyb3lly_xXx to try and trade up for an uc plushie named fLiPp3r_y3Ah now can just turn their own vwn pet into that uc plushie. Like it seems objectively better for everyone all around. Everyone except of course the people generating illegit UCs and selling them. Which, yeah sucks for them but. I think this is a pretty good solution overall to a very weird situation they caused with a bad decision a long time ago.
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-22-2024),bakery (01-22-2024),Hollow (01-22-2024),Parrot (01-22-2024),Pringle (01-22-2024),Sakuras (01-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 23h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Since Cancun is cloudy, windy, and rainy, I hopped on to see the latest comments on this fiasco. Seems like it’s still a mess. Pet trading is donezo, they might as well get rid of the pound lol. I see this as another slap in the face to long time players - who is essentially their entire player base right now. They aren’t getting new people to sign up, despite what they think the numbers say. If they wanted to convert all pets, why not just convert them and get rid of all old artwork? Convert pets across the board and skip the UC NC token. They won’t do that because they are obviously hoping this will be their cash cow.

I can’t wait to see if they can redeem themselves with a well thought out plot or if it’ll just be a pile of junk that we have to spend a bunch of NC on to get better prizes. Overall not cery optimistic about the direction the site is taking right now. Would love to be proven wrong.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

8. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (01-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 17m
    The NC UC FAQ is supposedly being released imminently according to TNT Fae on Discord. Stay tuned!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sneasel For This Useful Post:

Fiore (01-22-2024),Hollow (01-22-2024),kittyray (01-22-2024),Pringle (01-22-2024),Vis (01-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 17m
    Additional info directly pertaining to NC UCs.

(you need an account to see links)

600NC for Styling Studio Supplies which grants you a RANDOM NC UC combo item.

1400NC for Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies (also given away in Stocking Stufftacular) which grant you the NC UC combo item of your choice.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

Charmander (01-22-2024),Fiore (01-22-2024),Pringle (01-22-2024),Vis (01-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    I understand that this significantly disrupts the pet trading economy, but the complaints about it very much have the same tone as people who say we shouldn't forgive student debt "because what about all the people who paid it off before then?" Like ok yes it's a loss in that way, but it's a major boon to everyone. Even moreso here, because the person who is hanging on to jellyb3lly_xXx to try and trade up for an uc plushie named fLiPp3r_y3Ah now can just turn their own vwn pet into that uc plushie. Like it seems objectively better for everyone all around. Everyone except of course the people generating illegit UCs and selling them. Which, yeah sucks for them but. I think this is a pretty good solution overall to a very weird situation they caused with a bad decision a long time ago.
    I agree, back when I used to frequent the PC the biggest issue users seemed to complain about was the imbalance of pet trading due to UC tier lists (like who even made that?). I sometimes wished TNT just fully converted all the pets when the conversion happened. I personally hated trying to up trade for and UC. Like why would anyone want to spend years trying to do that when we seem to have a much more suitable solution now? It sucks for people that spent time doing this, but I think this now gives a chance for everyone to own the UC's they've always wanted.

theres also something really telling about 30+ years complaining about pixels on a virtual pet site but w/e lmao

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

howdy (01-26-2024),Pringle (01-22-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    If you had a UC Faerie Kougra during the time of conversion, the pet should now be a converted Faerie Kougra with a 'Nostalgic Faerie Kougra' NC item automatically applied to them that has a similar appearance to the old artwork. You can check to see if the item is equipped to your pet or granted to your account by visiting the Styling Chamber and selecting the specific pet.

So it is both: species AND color

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    36d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Was really hoping they'd release all the new art so we could plan for tomorrow, but I guess we'll have to wait longer.

Pomi the Ryu
    amazing userbar by lyrichord

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Orbit For This Useful Post:

Pringle (01-22-2024)

Page 54 of 86 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast