30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Confession View Post
    Seriously though, one day at work I was so bored I actually sat and read through the ENTIRE Terms & Conditions. That was a few years ago though. Ha.

Anyway, here is what I was talking about:
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieSheen View Post
    haha. I actually read it too since I was kind of annoyed at the time and I was wondering what it was all about. I can't believe they refer us as guest and make it so informal. (There was also a typo, which make me laugh) For a while before that, I always claimed that the neopet account was my own, so were the pets, and the virtual items...we can't claim anything! In those terms, we are just borrowing their stuff. XD
    If you guys are offended by that, you should try reading the terms and conditions of any big corporation like apple or google. The stuff Neopets has in their terms and conditions is very standard.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

|2eap (07-09-2015),Aska (07-08-2015),♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-08-2015),zxzero (07-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieSheen View Post
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone remembers or even knows but a while back before I left neopets for a really long time, I was following this artist on tumblr who drew a lot of neopet stuff and she talked about how she was the creator of the eventide color. She had drew one of her pets like that and submitted it to the beauty contest...next thing, it's a paintbrush. There wasn't even a mention about it! And I'm sure they do this all the time and it's soooo messed up. The user quit neopets after what had happened. That's part of the reason I'm so scared to post my art up on neopets. I don't mind the fact they take ideas, but the fact they pretty much claimed it as their own. And the scary part is, it's 100% legal for them to do that! You create something awesome on neopets? Well, they can just claim it as their own!
    When you post your art on the neopets website, they offically then own it and can do as they wish with it. It's the same as facebook with their rules; facebook can take your pictures and sell them to a third party website/magazine without your permession.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

Bowsette (07-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    116/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    15d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    If you guys are offended by that, you should try reading the terms and conditions of any big corporation like apple or google. The stuff Neopets has in their terms and conditions is very standard.
    Oh haha, I'm not offended, just a lot of people haven't ever read that and have no idea that TNT owns whatever they upload and would cry about it if they actually did take and use it without credit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Confession View Post
    Oh haha, I'm not offended, just a lot of people haven't ever read that and have no idea that TNT owns whatever they upload and would cry about it if they actually did take and use it without credit.
    Perhaps offended wasn't the right word. Maybe shocked, surprised?
    But yeah, it's the same for lots of companies. Once you post it up to their site, they can do with it what they want. We are but guests, users of Neo servers and resources. That's why they can freeze you or IP ban you at will.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Jessica (07-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    deviantart does the same thing iirc, they have used artwork on banners and stuff in the past. but afaik deviantart at least credits the artist for it; they have never claimed that artwork to be done by them specifically. as with the eventide business; look at it this way. we all slap ugly rainbow filters on things from time to time, and sunsets/sunrises are pretty popular colour schemes. it's probably just a huge coincidence since lbr it's not very original or creative concept to begin with.

blessed by @Clefairy for a prosperous and eggy 2022
    and blessed by @honeycomb with snek on a string crowley ily

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowley For This Useful Post:

Rue (07-09-2015),♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    deviantart does the same thing iirc, they have used artwork on banners and stuff in the past. but afaik deviantart at least credits the artist for it; they have never claimed that artwork to be done by them specifically. as with the eventide business; look at it this way. we all slap ugly rainbow filters on things from time to time, and sunsets/sunrises are pretty popular colour schemes. it's probably just a huge coincidence since lbr it's not very original or creative concept to begin with.
    My thoughts exactly. There are only so many different types of color schemes that they can use and that one seems like an obvious one that they would try out.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

♥ Crowley ♥ (07-08-2015),goldentryst (07-09-2015),Rue (07-09-2015),♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    11d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    My thoughts exactly. There are only so many different types of color schemes that they can use and that one seems like an obvious one that they would try out.
    Meh, I guess. Stuff like that seemed to also be pretty popular on tumblr XD at the time
    Last edited by charlieSheen; 07-08-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    103d 2h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    i don't think it was lilangel? she has(had?) an entire petpage of fake pb colors and some of them have been released, and i do know that eventide was on there.. so was 8bit, maractite, magma, etc. but she used to work for neopets and i know there's no way she'd quit especially over something like this

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/1
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    41d 3h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Last Spotted: Under one day ago
    I just visited lilangel's profile and dat girl did not quit! Her art is amazing though...! <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    315d 15h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Quote Originally Posted by zxzero View Post
    When you post your art on the neopets website, they offically then own it and can do as they wish with it. It's the same as facebook with their rules; facebook can take your pictures and sell them to a third party website/magazine without your permession.
    Really? Now that I did not know. Good thing I never post images of myself anymore :/ I keep telling my family not to but they won't listen

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bowsette For This Useful Post:

zxzero (07-08-2015)