24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Question Is anyone computer savvy?

My laptop has been having some problems with my wifi connection. The past day or so it's been disconnecting and the only solution was to restart my computer. Now today when I troubleshoot it says the Realtek RTL8723BE wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware problems.
    Is this something I can fix? Or is it somethings should take in.
    Greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by kezzie View Post
    My laptop has been having some problems with my wifi connection. The past day or so it's been disconnecting and the only solution was to restart my computer. Now today when I troubleshoot it says the Realtek RTL8723BE wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware problems.
    Greatly appreciated.
    If your Drivers are up to date and freshly installed maybe it's that the adapter or the connections are damaged.
    So take it to a repair shop or the shop where you bought it if it's in warranty.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

Kezzie (02-19-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Greatly appreciated.
    If you lost any discs that came with your laptop, you should be able to find the drivers @(you need an account to see links) is talking about by going to the support section of the website of whatever brand laptop you have. So in my case it's be dell.com/support

Before taking it in for repairs, make sure you have updated drivers and test it out on at least one other wifi network just in case it's your router and not your laptop's hardware (even thought that's what the troubleshooter is indicating.)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamon For This Useful Post:

Daviid (02-19-2016),Kezzie (02-19-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    If you lost any discs that came with your laptop, you should be able to find the drivers @(you need an account to see links) is talking about by going to the support section of the website of whatever brand laptop you have. So in my case it's be dell.com/support

Before taking it in for repairs, make sure you have updated drivers and test it out on at least one other wifi network just in case it's your router and not your laptop's hardware (even thought that's what the troubleshooter is indicating.)
    Okay cool I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
    And thanks @(you need an account to see links) much appreciated

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Well, now it's giving me the option to connect to wifi but it says no networks are available. Which I have my hotspot on right next to it and my house Internet. When I turn on my laptop it's connected but quickly goes away.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kezzie For This Useful Post:

Daviid (02-19-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Well, now it's giving me the option to connect to wifi but it says no networks are available. Which I have my hotspot on right next to it and my house Internet. When I turn on my laptop it's connected but quickly goes away.
    This is after getting the drivers installed or are you not able download them since you can't get a consistent connection? :/

If you laptop is under warranty definitely take call whatever service plan you have. I've worked on laptops and desktops, but I've never had to replace a wireless card. I didn't want to recommend you do the repair yourself, but after looking into it it does look like a fairly simple repair if you end up finding that new drivers don't help:

(you need an account to see links)

If you let us know your exact laptop model it'll help me help you find the right parts if you need to do a repair. Sometimes certain models are notorious for having X or Y issue, so you may find better answers by googling your issue with your computer model in the search string as well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    This is after getting the drivers installed or are you not able download them since you can't get a consistent connection? :/

If you laptop is under warranty definitely take call whatever service plan you have. I've worked on laptops and desktops, but I've never had to replace a wireless card. I didn't want to recommend you do the repair yourself, but after looking into it it does look like a fairly simple repair if you end up finding that new drivers don't help:

If you let us know your exact laptop model it'll help me help you find the right parts if you need to do a repair. Sometimes certain models are notorious for having X or Y issue, so you may find better answers by googling your issue with your computer model in the search string as well.

I haven't been able to get a constant connection. It connects only when I first restart and then its says no known networks and then it gives me the same troubleshooting issue as before.

My laptop is under a year old so im pretty sure its under warranty plus I believe where I bought it has parts under warranty for life.. So thats somewhat helpful. To be honest im not even sure the type of computer I have haha. I bought it from PC laptops (which im not sure is anywhere outside of utah) and they custom built it so it just says pc laptops on it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I haven't been able to get a constant connection. It connects only when I first restart and then its says no known networks and then it gives me the same troubleshooting issue as before.

My laptop is under a year old so im pretty sure its under warranty plus I believe where I bought it has parts under warranty for life.. So thats somewhat helpful. To be honest im not even sure the type of computer I have haha. I bought it from PC laptops (which im not sure is anywhere outside of utah) and they custom built it so it just says pc laptops on it.
    Ohhhhh okay. Then yeah, definitely take it in. Even it you need a new wireless card it should be a super simple fix for them to do. I hope you get it working!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamon For This Useful Post:

Kezzie (02-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Ohhhhh okay. Then yeah, definitely take it in. Even it you need a new wireless card it should be a super simple fix for them to do. I hope you get it working!
    I will do that. Thanks so much for your help!